Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Culpepper turned down contract with Packers!

then perhaps that was his rating that one year, my bad.
    Either way, he has done respectably well against the packers, and if i were him, there is no way i would want to play for them unless they give an offer that noone could refuse.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Why is everyone lashing out against Daunte at this? I'd say it's his smartest move in years... I mean, honestly, who wants to be on a team called the "Packers?"

Obviously not Daunte. Also, maybe he feels like he' be betraying Minnesota... honestly, I don't know his reason, but come'on... a laughable QB turned down a contract from the Packers... I love this story!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    he has more than enough money (hopefully he still has it) to be comfortable for life.
    I think part of the reason he turned down the contract isn't because of the money, the reason probably was that he still hates the packers.
    Daunte was known as the "packer killer"
    I can't remember exactly, but his rating against the packers was very very high.
    For some reason 130something is ringing a bell.

Plus he probably didn't want to be in the same situation as Aaron Rogers and will forever be known as the guy trying to replace Brett Favre (just like T-Will)
    According to the stats I just pulled from pro-football-reference.com, Cullpeper was 5-5 against the packers, and went 207 of 344 with 27 TDs and 7 INTs, for a passer rating of 103.3.

I don't know if the team going 5-5 against the Packers with him at the helm makes him a packer killer, but his rating was pretty good.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

exacly.
    They say if you can't beat them, join them.
    But Daunte never had that problem

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:
    Why is everyone lashing out against Daunte at this? I'd say it's his smartest move in years... I mean, honestly, who wants to be on a team called the "Packers?"

Obviously not Daunte. Also, maybe he feels like he' be betraying Minnesota... honestly, I don't know his reason, but come'on... a laughable QB turned down a contract from the Packers... I love this story!
    He did that when he wanted the hell out of here
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I was thinking about this a little more.
    What does this say about the Packer's faith in Rodgers.

You don't bring in Culpepper to mentor anybody.
    He simply isn't that kind of QB.
    The only reason you bring DC in is as a stopgate in the event that A) Rodgers gets hurt or B) Rodgers doesn't perform.

I think the fact that Green Bay was willing to bring him in shows that they are more than a little concerned about Rodgers taking the reigns...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

He did that when he wanted the hell out of here
    Amen to that.
    I still laugh when I go back and read Childress's first press conference.
    He was already doing everything in his power to get in touch with DC.

Q: How quickly do you plan to talk to the players and in particular Daunte Culpepper?
    A: I talked to Jermaine (Wiggins) coming in the door and I talked to Donovan (McNabb) this morning who forwarded me Daunte's phone number. He has been trying to get a hold of him, but unsuccessfully right now. (I am going to try to talk to everybody) just as soon as I can. That is the important thing.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

He would fumble even more in the cold

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I was thinking about this a little more.
    What does this say about the Packer's faith in Rodgers.

You don't bring in Culpepper to mentor anybody.
    He simply isn't that kind of QB.
    The only reason you bring DC in is as a stopgate in the event that A) Rodgers gets hurt or B) Rodgers doesn't perform.

I think the fact that Green Bay was willing to bring him in shows that they are more than a little concerned about Rodgers taking the reigns...
    I don't think it means much. Even when they had favre they spent a first round pick on a QB. Culpepper is probably the best FA QB available. They have 2 rookies as backups and every team should have atleast 2 guys capable of filling in in a bind.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    IMO.. it all comes down to him wanting a shot at starting.. in Green Bay that was unlikely barring injury.. however with Rodgers track record to date.. might have been a bad move.
    Culpepper thinking that he will ever start again in the NFL is a bad move.
    Tice filled his head with so many delusions of grandeur that he simply cannot accept the fact that he isn't God's gift to football...
    If Tice thinks he's that great why doesn't he go after him...Oh wait, Tice doesn't make the decisions anymore. That's a GROUP decision!
    LOL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast