Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Culpepper turned down contract with Packers!

    BWA HA HA HA HA HA!

    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/06/20/packers-offered-culpepper-a-contract/
    The Green Bay Press-Gazette has a new wrinkle to that story. According to their sources, Culpepper actually turned down a $1 million offer from the team shortly before the draft. That may explain why the Packers added Matt Flynn in the seventh round after they’d already selected Brian Brohm.
    Culpepper's agent has got to be the stupidest person on the planet (and yes, I know he acts as his own agent).
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Culpepper turned down contract with Packers!

    Now I know why he couldn't read a defense...... :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Culpepper turned down contract with Packers!

    Losah!! ;D
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  4. #4
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Culpepper turned down contract with Packers!

    Haha, I just heard this on the Sirius Opening Drive this morning.

    Culpepper severely misjudged the market
    Do you think?


    This guy still has such grand illusions of himself...he's a legend in his own mind. ;D
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  5. #5
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Culpepper turned down contract with Packers!

    He might be able to vacation and wait to mid season when a vet goes down and then still make a million for only suiting up for the last half of the season.


    With that said........
    In today's economy he probably should have taken the work.
    LOL!

  6. #6
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Culpepper turned down contract with Packers!

    Culpepper is a joke, plain and simple.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  7. #7
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Culpepper turned down contract with Packers!

    he has more than enough money (hopefully he still has it) to be comfortable for life.
    I think part of the reason he turned down the contract isn't because of the money, the reason probably was that he still hates the packers.
    Daunte was known as the "packer killer"
    I can't remember exactly, but his rating against the packers was very very high.
    For some reason 130something is ringing a bell.
    Plus he probably didn't want to be in the same situation as Aaron Rogers and will forever be known as the guy trying to replace Brett Favre (just like T-Will)

  8. #8
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: Culpepper turned down contract with Packers!

    IMO.. it all comes down to him wanting a shot at starting.. in Green Bay that was unlikely barring injury.. however with Rodgers track record to date.. might have been a bad move.

  9. #9
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Culpepper turned down contract with Packers!

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    he has more than enough money (hopefully he still has it) to be comfortable for life.
    I think part of the reason he turned down the contract isn't because of the money, the reason probably was that he still hates the packers.
    Daunte was known as the "packer killer"
    I can't remember exactly, but his rating against the packers was very very high.
    For some reason 130something is ringing a bell.


    Plus he probably didn't want to be in the same situation as Aaron Rogers and will forever be known as the guy trying to replace Brett Favre (just like T-Will)
    Where do you get this shit from?
    Seriously.

    I have never known DC to be referred to as the "packer killer".
    His career QB rating against the packers was 102.8, with the vast majority of that success coming in one year - 2004, where he had three monster games against them.
    Excluding 2004, DC's career QB rating against the pack was 85.9.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #10
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Culpepper turned down contract with Packers!

    "pack93z" wrote:
    IMO.. it all comes down to him wanting a shot at starting.. in Green Bay that was unlikely barring injury.. however with Rodgers track record to date.. might have been a bad move.
    Culpepper thinking that he will ever start again in the NFL is a bad move.
    Tice filled his head with so many delusions of grandeur that he simply cannot accept the fact that he isn't God's gift to football...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Brees turned down 6yr. 50 mil contract with the Chargers
    By Jordan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 10:23 PM
  2. Culpepper: Trade me, or Terminate my Contract
    By VikesfaninWis in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 615
    Last Post: 03-11-2006, 04:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •