mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

Culpepper put on injured reserve

December 12, 2006

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) -- Daunte Culpepper's first season with the Miami Dolphins is officially over.

The Dolphins put Culpepper on injured reserve Tuesday, ruling out any chance of the quarterback returning from knee problems that kept him sidelined for much of his first season in Miami.

ADVERTISEMENT
    "Even though Daunte was making good progress in his rehabilitation, we both felt, along with our medical staff, that it would be very difficult for him to be ready to play in the next three weeks," said Dolphins coach Nick Saban. "Because it's important to have depth at the quarterback position the rest of the season, we all felt the best decision for the team was to place him on IR."

It's possible that the Dolphins may look to sign another quarterback to play behind Joey Harrington and Cleo Lemon for the rest of the season.

Culpepper started the first four games of the season for the Dolphins, completing 60 percent of his passes and throwing for 929 yards, two touchdowns and three interceptions.

He underwent major knee surgery in November 2005 and returned to the field more quickly than expected, but with his mobility hampered, he was sacked 21 times. The Dolphins started Harrington in their fifth game and have kept him in the lineup since, while Culpepper focused on rehabilitation.

Culpepper -- whom the Dolphins acquired in March from the Minnesota Vikings for a second-round draft pick -- also underwent arthroscopic surgery last month to remove a piece of cartilage in his knee.

Also Tuesday, the Dolphins signed linebacker Robert McCune off Washington's practice squad and waived linebacker Keith Newman.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlCB2JGj6iyRIfwBAgjZ1d9DubYF?slug=ap-dolphins-culpepper&prov=ap&type=lgns

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

Re: Culpepper put on injured reserve

i still cant believe we only got a second round draft pic.

Del Rio Guest

Man if he does ever play again I can only imagine the ammount of media pub he will get if he does well.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesFan787" wrote:
    i still cant believe we only got a second round draft pic.

What are you talking about?

Daunte had a blown out knee, a terrible season and wanted a raise to 10 million dollars!
    We are lucky we got a 2nd round pick for him!

Everyday it looks more and more like we got the better end of that deal.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

when Dc returns to the game as a player and not a over paid clip board stand.

then we can judge what we lost.. so far we havn't lost anything, cept an over ego'd qb who won't play for prolly aonther year.. and when he does.. the joy i will get when we get to play them.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

the way harrington is playing he might not even start next season.....now that 2nd rd pick sounds pretty good if harrington keeps it up.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

No matter how you look at Daunte I think you should allways be at least a little sorry for players that has to go on IR.

I think the Dolphins will be faced with some dificult decisions this offseason. Who knows how DC will come back. Harrington hasn't played that well.

They could even consider drafting a prospect QB in the 1st round I think.

Btw. shouldn't this be in the General forum?

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Culpepper who?

He will be lucky to fully recover from this. Frankly, I think his main problem is his character.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

And WHY do we care again?
    LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE