Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    jack44 is offline Waterboy

Culpepper overhyped

As one who regularly checks espn.com and other media outlets for football info, it seems to me that whenever Culpepper is talked about he is portrayed as a "great" player that the Dolphins "stole" from us for a second round pick. It is said that the Vikings made a "huge mistake" by "giving him away". He is already being heralded as a savior in Miami and I just think it's rediculous. I understand that he had a good year in 2004 but am I the only one who watched the first half of last season (where he looked like one of the most uncoordinated idiots I've ever seen). I can't wait to watch us beat up on the Phins this season in Miami!

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Culpepper overhyped

A savior, WTF? That is crap, I don't feel bad at all about losing Culpepper. He didn't want to be here, so I don't want him here either. Miami people must be crazy.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

all the talk was last year about how we were "saved" by him getting injured :roll:

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

i'm not sure about this. if he's recovering as well as they say he is, then yes, i think they got a steal with pep for a only a 2nd. as for a saviour?? well they have other concerns. their Defense is pretty old, and their Oline is terrible. remember how culpepper played behind a terrible o line??? now if he returns to his 2004 form, then he may be a "savior" but nothings proven yet. I think yes, the vikes should have gotten rid of him because he told the media he wanted out, but i think they were robbed by only getting a 2nd round pick. he was only 1 year removed from having one of the best seasons a quarterback EVER had.

The knock on culpepper has always been that he can't handle pressure. In Minnesota last year all eyes were on him so the pressure was on. He just wasent a good fit for our team anymore.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Pep is the friggin man.. Can't wait to see him out there again next year! He's exciting to watch

One Love

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

He certainly showed flashes of brilliance, but he also showed many lapses in judgement. It just made me wonder how someone that could be THAT good, could be THAT bad.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

the thing that pisses me off is now that he's in miami, he's the savior, and everyone loves him, yet as a viking, he was arrogant in his demands, causing problems, and everyother negative thing you could think of. all you'd hear is 12 INT's, 6 TD's yet now as a dolphin, i havent' heard that yet.

C-pep will be more or less like Vick. Have huge games but ultimately will not be a complete everyday win me a champianship player.
    We can solve poverty today.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I blame the bad start last year on the teams we played and the horrible playcalling of Loney.. And losing Randy.. And yah I guess he had alot to do with it.. But he is better then that

One Love

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast