Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Culpepper to N.E?

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Culpepper will play good anywhere he can get pass protection, the man will simply make you pay. Culpepper is a super accurate QB who can make amazing throws. The downside of Culpepper would be his fumbles and the lack of poise under a pass rush.
    I like that post.

Everyone wants to kick DC in the nads over the 2005 season, the last season they remember.
    You are right, he is accurate and he does make great throws when he has the protection and the lack of a chance to be stripped of the ball in the pocket.

In that situation, everyone would be cheering for DC and asking him to get his roll on.

funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler

To sum up this thread and my thoughts.
    I think that DC would be a great fit in NE, however, I don't think he will be accepted there because of him shooting himself in the foot by becoming his own agent and retiring.
    Not only retiring in itself, but also the manner in which he did it.
    Writing a dramatic letter that he (i'm sure) expected to see all over the internet for everyone to see.

If he straightens up RIGHT NOW, I think he has a chance.
    If he files for reinstatement, hires an agent, and says sorry to everyone for the way he acted.
    Everyone knows that the image the Pats want to portray is a respectful one (no matter how much Billecheat has shat on it).
    I think if he did all of that they would consider him.

"funkyasflea" wrote:
    To sum up this thread and my thoughts.
    I think that DC would be a great fit in NE, however, I don't think he will be accepted there because of him shooting himself in the foot by becoming his own agent and retiring.
    Not only retiring in itself, but also the manner in which he did it.
    Writing a dramatic letter that he (i'm sure) expected to see all over the internet for everyone to see.

If he straightens up RIGHT NOW, I think he has a chance.
    If he files for reinstatement, hires an agent, and says sorry to everyone for the way he acted.
    Everyone knows that the image the Pats want to portray is a respectful one (no matter how much Billecheat has shat on it).
    I think if he did all of that they would consider him.
    Another good post.

Agreed, he needs to wipe the whiney baby tears from his cheek and get himself up and away from the tear soaked computer that has been responsible for those letters.
    He needs to hire that agent, a gesture that say he will play ball on two fields, the business field and the football field.

I believe that he was blacklisted before this season and his public statements may have been the nail in the coffin.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Culpepper will play good anywhere he can get pass protection, the man will simply make you pay. Culpepper is a super accurate QB who can make amazing throws. The downside of Culpepper would be his fumbles and the lack of poise under a pass rush.
    I like that post.

Everyone wants to kick DC in the nads over the 2005 season, the last season they remember.
    You are right, he is accurate and he does make great throws when he has the protection and the lack of a chance to be stripped of the ball in the pocket.

In that situation, everyone would be cheering for DC and asking him to get his roll on.
    I like both posts, however, both of you miss the real reason he hasn't garnered interest.

Small hands aside, he has never been good at reading a defense.
    I wonder if I can still find them, but there were several articles out there awhile ago with quotes from Linehambone on how he always had to limit Pepps reads/progressions to one side so that he could get through them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Doubt this would ever happen, but I will say if any organization would be apt to giving DC another chance it would be the Patriots.
    Just look at their history of bringing in the "bad" players and making then productive starters.

The only reason I would even give this a couple of percent chance of happening is that history and Moss on the team.
    So a solid 5% chance of happening.

funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    I like that post.

I like both posts, however, both of you miss the real reason he hasn't garnered interest.

I wonder if I can still find them, but there were several articles out there awhile ago with quotes from Linehambone on how he always had to limit Pepps reads/progressions to one side so that he could get through them.
    This is very true, he relies too much on his physical abilities and does not focus on his knowledge as a veteran.
    He was always a "react during the play" player rather than a "read and adjust before hand" player, which is how the Pats play their ball.
    However, he would have the receiver that sparked his career in the fist place on that team.
    I wonder if Moss still has ties with Culpepper at all?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    I like that post.

Always is not true...... I specifically remember Linehan praising Culpepper the last year Linehan was there for finally reading the field.
    The negative part was it took so long for him to get it.
    If he was not telling the truth, you had a QB that posted the 4th best QB rating for a season of all time.
    Put DC in positions to win and he will succeed as a passer.

Head Coach: Scott Linehan

Pro Career: Hired as the 22nd head coach in franchise history by Owner/Chairman Georgia Frontiere on Jan. 19, 2006. Comes to St. Louis after one season as offensive coordinator of the Miami Dolphins (2005). In one season, Dolphins went from 29th in total offense to 14th last season as Gus Frerotte had the best season of his career, passing for 2,996 yards and 18 touchdowns.

Prior to that, Linehan spent three seasons (2002-04) as offensive coordinator for the Minnesota Vikings. Minnesota ranked second, first, and fourth, respectively in total offense during that time.

In 2004, Daunte Culpepper posted the fourth-highest single season passer rating in NFL history (110.9), and the fifth-highest single season passing yards total in league history (4,717).
    I also remember Bennett saying how he would go to Peps and play video games.
    I don't hear Joseph Adai saying that about Manning.
    I don't think that Pep was as studious as some of these great
    QBs.

I can see people not wanting to spend seasons coaching DC back to the top, but injuries to a team will make people do crazy stuff, like call DC and limit the calls so they can compete on Sunday.
    I am not saying that the Pats are going to call him, just that I wouldn't be surprised if someone does by the end of the season.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    I like that post.

Always is not true...... I specifically remember Linehan praising Culpepper the last year Linehan was there for finally reading the field.
    The negative part was it took so long for him to get it.

If he was not telling the truth, you had a QB that posted the 4th best QB rating for a season of all time.
    Put DC in positions to win and he will succeed as a passer.

Head Coach: Scott Linehan

Pro Career: Hired as the 22nd head coach in franchise history by Owner/Chairman Georgia Frontiere on Jan. 19, 2006. Comes to St. Louis after one season as offensive coordinator of the Miami Dolphins (2005). In one season, Dolphins went from 29th in total offense to 14th last season as Gus Frerotte had the best season of his career, passing for 2,996 yards and 18 touchdowns.

Prior to that, Linehan spent three seasons (2002-04) as offensive coordinator for the Minnesota Vikings. Minnesota ranked second, first, and fourth, respectively in total offense during that time.

In 2004, Daunte Culpepper posted the fourth-highest single season passer rating in NFL history (110.9), and the fifth-highest single season passing yards total in league history (4,717).
    I also remember Bennett saying how he would go to Peps and play video games.
    I don't hear Joseph Adai saying that about Manning.
    I don't think that Pep was as studious as some of these great
    QBs.

I can see people not wanting to spend seasons coaching DC back to the top, but injuries to a team will make people do crazy stuff, like call DC and limit the calls so they can compete on Sunday.
    I am not saying that the Pats are going to call him, just that I wouldn't be surprised if someone does by the end of the season.
    Excellent stuff my friend, however, I don't think Pepp ever really mastered reading the whole field.

I am going to go do a search but if memory serves, and you know I have a memory like a rusted steel trap (and its rusted shut), but I believe Linehambone was still dumbing the offense down for him enven in 2004.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234