singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Culpepper, Moe Williams face judge today

From KSTP.com;

[size=18px]Culpepper, Moe Williams face judge today [/size]

Updated: 03/22/2006 01:24:32 AM

Daunte Culpepper returns to Minnesota today to tell his side of the Vikings boat party scandal.

Culpepper and Moe Williams will testify in a rare pre-trial hearing at 9 a.m. The hearing is an appeal by both men that the judge dismiss the misdemeanor lewd conduct charges they face.

According to Culpepper’s attorney Earl Gray, the Miami quarterback was the designated driver, and stayed on the back of the boat.

"He was on the boat, he was a designated driver that night,” Gray says. “He was on the second boat playing dice with his friends, and that's what he did the entire time on the boat."

Gray and the attorney for Moe Williams will request that the judge dismiss the cases based on lack of evidence and selective prosecution.

Gray says Steve Tallen, the prosecutor for the Lake Minnetonka Conservation District, did not charge two white men who also engaged in sex acts on the boat.

Tallen says those men were not charged because those acts did not appear in the presence of others.

The testimony may be televised, as both defense attorneys and the judge have consented to coverage.

Tallen has yet to approve of a televised hearing.

Culpepper, Moe Williams face judge today

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Culpepper, Moe Williams face judge today

From Miami-Herald.com

Posted on Wed, Mar. 22, 2006

[size=18px]Culpepper to testify in boart party case hearing[/size]

Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS - Former Minnesota Vikings Daunte Culpepper is due to testify today in a pretrial hearing on the team's boat party scandal.
    Culpepper's attorney says his client will testify he wasn't involved in any lap dance on the cruise on Lake Minnetonka last fall, but was playing dice with other men.

Defense lawyer Earl Gray says women wearing scanty clothing came up to the men and offered them lap dances, but the men rejected the offer. He says a bartender may have seen Culpepper near a woman, but Culpepper didn't touch her.

The hearing is at 9 a.m. in Hennepin County District Court. It's being held to examine whether there's enough evidence to go to trial.

Culpepper, running back Moe Williams and two other players are charged with misdemeanor indecent conduct and lewdness.

Culpepper to testify in boart party case hearing

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Dolphins | Culpepper testifies in boat party scandal
    Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:07:30 -0800

The Associated Press reports Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper testified Wednesday, March 22, that he spent his entire time shooting dice during a Lake Minnetonka boat party last October and rejected offers from dancers. Culpepper, who is one of four players charged with misdemeanor lewd conduct, said he was gathered with friends in a circle, betting $20 a throw playing craps. "Nobody who was shooting dice wanted to get a dance," said Culpepper, who added that he was a designated driver for the evening.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KFFL
    Dolphins | Culpepper's attorney wants charges dropped
    Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:00:30 -0800

The Associated Press reports an attorney for Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper asked a judge Wednesday, March 22 to throw out misdemeanor charges against his client stemming from a boat party sex scandal. Culpepper, along with free agent RB Moe Williams (Vikings) face misdemeanor charges of alleged lewd conduct that includes touching a naked woman during lap dances. Culpepper's attorney argued that even if the players did receive lap dances during the boat party, it wasn't a crime.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Anyone checked out the article on the Star Tribune website? I don't want to trivialise the situation, but Culpepper's wife..

Let's just say I thought an All-Pro Quarterback with a contract of $101 million could do better.

Prophet Guest

"Benet" wrote:
    Anyone checked out the article on the Star Tribune website? I don't want to trivialise the situation, but Culpepper's wife..

Let's just say I thought an All-Pro Quarterback with a contract of $101 million could do better.

No doubt.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

I thaught she lookd like this<---
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Del Rio Guest

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

A couple of things on my mind. First off, yes Culpepper's wife is not exactly what you would call attractive. Second, to me it looks like Pepp put on weight. I have read and heard that he lost weight. It may be the way he is walking, or the suit he is wearing, but he looks pretty bloated in the stomach to me..

I hope that if he is truly innocent that they do drop the charges on him. It wouldn't be fair to him if he is getting charged for nothing. Has anyone seen any live footage of him walking yet? just wondering if he has a limp, or if he is walking good.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:

No doubt.

Wow, this thing looks like it fell out of the ugly tree, and hit every dam branch..

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"Prophet" wrote:
    No doubt.

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Wow, this thing looks like it fell out of the ugly tree, and hit every dam branch..
    That's a nightmare waiting for me when I go to sleep!

Thanks Prophet.. I'll blame my insomnia on you tonight!