Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Culpepper gives stiff-arm to criticism by Childress

IF Cullpepper wants respect he needs to stop acting like he was born in prison.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

You guys are acting like Daunte was talking trash. I find it unfortunate that Childress was actually the one doing trash talking.

Daunte was basically just saying what's done is done, you worry about you, I'll worry about me, and that he has no hard feelings towards the Vikings.

I'm a die hard Vikings fans, but Daunte hasn't disrespected Minnesota or the Vikings once in what he's said to the media. I think we'll do alright without him, but we need to move on. It sounds like Daunte has. I wish him well in his return. Hopefully the Vikings do better than the Dolphins next year, but there will only be one game that I for sure know I'll be rooting against Daunte and the Dolphins.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Del Rio Guest

I have to agree.
    I don't really see him attacking Minnesota in those quotes. Then again I don't really think Childress attacked Daunte either. I also feel Daunte did in fact disrespect Minnesota, his teamates and his fans.

Not in this recent quote though. All I got from this was him saying he really has nothing to say and people will say what they want to he can't change that.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    • He will attach no special significance to the Vikings' Nov. 19 game at Miami. "That's just one game on the schedule," he said.
    of course, so we won't be hearing from Culpepper in the week leading up to the game in that case - yeah right. Assuming he's fit and ready to play I'm looking forward to see if his coverage reading has improved at all, least then we'll know for sure where the problem with that lay when he was in Minnesota
    At the moment nothing he has done recently has improved his standing with a lot of fans
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

I'm confused.

Where's the negative retoric here? He just brushed off the comments in a professional manner. He didn't say anything negative, unless I'm missing something here.

Why are some peoples panties in a knot over this?

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Del Rio Guest

We wont really know the magnitude of the dolphins firepower or our own until the season progresses.

The dolphins have a good run game that alone could cause us some grief. If I had to say now the best way to win, I would say the most important thing is to be winning the game at halftime by 7 or more points.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think Pep was disrespectful this last interview. He has indirectly disrespected the Vikings but has remained somewhat political after the trade. He has moved on and that is good. I do agree Childress could have been somewhat more political himself.

Bottom line is he did move on and the Vikings need to as well. He's no longer here and I hope we do beat the Dolphins silly. I will be at that game for sure along with my in-laws (all of which are Dolphin fans). He does have to prove his critics wrong. All he's done so far is talk and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. If he thinks he can go by week 1 good for him. Being in the medical field for about 19 year and talking to several physicians about it, I don't think he can but it's possible.

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

I know it's a very sensitive injury. Only a couple of people have had it and come back from it."
    This was the quote I found interesting. Now that his deal is done and his situation is secure, there's less conjecture of how he'll be ready to go by training camp.

He gets to stay in Florida, work on his rehab, and maybe come back and play at the level he was before. If not, he's got a decent package and a nice friendly environment.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"JDogg926" wrote:
    You guys are acting like Daunte was talking trash. I find it unfortunate that Childress was actually the one doing trash talking.

Daunte was basically just saying what's done is done, you worry about you, I'll worry about me, and that he has no hard feelings towards the Vikings.

I'm a die hard Vikings fans, but Daunte hasn't disrespected Minnesota or the Vikings once in what he's said to the media. I think we'll do alright without him, but we need to move on. It sounds like Daunte has. I wish him well in his return. Hopefully the Vikings do better than the Dolphins next year, but there will only be one game that I for sure know I'll be rooting against Daunte and the Dolphins.
    I agree. He said he'd leave it behind him. Really, I can't understand why we can't just forget about him, too.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    What a piece of dirrt he turned out to be, I hope we punish him when we play him.
    You might be over reacting. Why would say that. What did he do? The media was trying to create some headlines and like a class act, he said he was putting that behind him. I wish him luck in the future( unless he plays the VIKES). Culpepper was a good Viking, often stopping signing autographs and taking pictures with fans.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast