Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Culpepper is E-mailing again

CULPEPPER SPEAKS OUT ON HIS HEALTH
    From profootballtalk.com

Dolphins quarterback Daunte Culpepper, who is expected by many league observers to be cut if/when the team acquires quarterback Trent Green, has sent an e-mail to all Dolphins' beat writers regarding the quarterback's health condition and overall situation.

The tone of the statement is kind of defiant, but not really.
    And kind of angry, but not really.

The substance suggests that he's kind of healthy, but not really.

Says Culpepper:
    "I have been frustrated since last year about the way that my injury and rehab have been portrayed.
    I want to take this opportunity to clear things up.
    When my initial injury happened with the Vikings I was told to expect a 12-18 month process of healing from the time of surgery which was in November 2005.
    The Dolphins were told the same thing.
    When I was cleared to practice and play ahead of schedule that meant that my ligaments were stable.
    However, I was not 100% by anyone's evaluation in terms of mobility.

He then explains that he suffered a new injury in 2006, to his kneecap.
    Eventually, he had surgery to correct the problem, with a 4-6 month recovery time.

"I have been told to begin to ease into things after May 1st. . . .
    I must say based on how I feel, I am right on schedule.
    It may not meet the timeframe of some peoples [sic] expectations, and if not I understand.
    I just won't let those expectations cause me to make the same mistake again. I plan on playing at a high level for a lot longer in this league, so I want to do what is necessary to get healthy and stay healthy."

Our take is that Culpepper knows he's getting pushed out by new coach Cam Cameron, and that Culpepper doesn't want the excuse to be, "Well, he still has a bad knee."
    We also think that Culpepper wants to create a market for himself elsewhere, if/when he's available.

And since he is still acting as his own agent, Culpepper was the one to get the word out.
    In our view, he was wise to do so on the eve of the draft, since his potential availability could be a factor in some of the decisions that are -- and aren't -- made over the next four days.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Culpepper is E-mailing again

Putz
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kyleo1967 is offline Starter

"And since he is still acting as his own agent"

WTF?
    Will he ever learn?

davike is offline Team Alumni

Our take is that Culpepper knows he's getting pushed out by new coach Cam Cameron, and that Culpepper doesn't want the excuse to be, "Well, he still has a bad knee."
    We also think that Culpepper wants to create a market for himself elsewhere, if/when he's available

Smart move by Cameron.....get Daunte outa there.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

Loser
    :

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

This is becoming eerily familiar to the end of his time here in Minny.. I can quite easily see him being either traded as part of a draft-day deal, being cut soon after the draft, or maybe being used as a caretaker for half a season or so until the QB the Dolphins draft tomorrow is ready to take over.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"kyleo1967" wrote:

WTF?
    Will he ever learn?
    it worked out pretty well for him when he left minny. He got to stay in Florida and was made the starting QB. Plus he got paid a boatload. I hope it doesn't work out and the rest of the nfl sees what we already know, that he is big spoiled baby who's head got so big that he forgot what got him to where he is.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Here is the full text of his letter.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-daunte042607,0,4945379.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

I thought this was interesting from his letter.
    Until this week it never entered my mind that I wouldn't be the starting quarterback of the Miami Dolphins this coming season.
    Sounds like the writing is on the wall for him.

WWBGD

davike is offline Team Alumni

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "kyleo1967" wrote:

WTF?
    Will he ever learn?
    it worked out pretty well for him when he left minny. He got to stay in Florida and was made the starting QB. Plus he got paid a boatload. I hope it doesn't work out and the rest of the nfl sees what we already know, that he is big spoiled baby who's head got so big that he forgot what got him to where he is.
    Actually didn't he sign a really crappy contract worse then the one here? I think it was one of those contracts where he had to pass for so many yards to get so much or something like that....can't remember the exact term for it.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"davike" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "kyleo1967" wrote:

WTF?
    Will he ever learn?
    Actually didn't he sign a really crappy contract worse then the one here? I think it was one of those contracts where he had to pass for so many yards to get so much or something like that....can't remember the exact term for it.
    Incentive-based?

Likely-To-Be-Earned Incentives? Or in his case.. Not-Likely-To-Be-Earned Incentives.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast