Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    GBFan is offline Starter

Culpepper cries to be traded, and now Javon Walker!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2361969

I used to be a big fan of Javon but his latest comments were pretty strong. F' him I say. Trade him away

when will these players just learn to shut up and play?

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

J.Walker asks the Packers to Trade or Release Him!!!

While the Packers await a decision from quarterback Brett Favre about whether he intends to retire or return, wide receiver Javon Walker, who is rehabilitating the right knee he injured in last year's season opener and yet whose relationship with the organization remains fractured following the team's refusal last summer to renegotiate his contract and Favre's public criticism of Walker's holdout threat, told ESPN.com on Thursday that he has already informed the Packers of his desire to play elsewhere.

Walker said he's expressed his feelings to new Packers coach Mike McCarthy, while his agent, CSMG Sports' Kennard McGuire, has asked general manager Ted Thompson, as did former Walker agent Drew Rosenhaus, to deal Walker or allow them to pursue a trade. Thompson on Wednesday denied the requests.

"I just don't feel like this is the best place for me to be right now," said Walker, 27, preparing to enter his sixth pro season. "I really have no interest in being in a Green Bay Packers uniform or playing for Green Bay again."

Citing recent contract squabbles with running back Ahman Green, tight end Bubba Franks, defensive lineman Grady Jackson and cornerback Mike McKenzie, as well as his own, Walker added, "I just don't like the way the organization runs itself. They want players to come up there and play hard and work hard, but when it comes time to be compensated, it's like, 'We forgot what you've done.'"

The source of Walker's bitterness is the team's refusal even to discuss his contract, which at the time had two years remaining, the penultimate year of which paid him $515,000 the season after he made the Pro Bowl by catching 89 passes for 1,382 yards and 12 touchdowns. But Walker says that at this point, money is not the issue.

Favre offended Walker when he spoke out against the receiver in his contract dispute, saying he should come to training camp and not hold out. (Walker heeded the advice.) Walker believes Favre's comments made living and working in Wisconsin difficult; Walker tells of one instance when he was in a hotel and an employee announced his presence on an Internet message board for "anyone who had something to say to Javon Walker." It also angered Walker that the team allowed its iconic quarterback to interfere publicly in a teammate's business with management. He held his tongue all year.

"There's an unwritten rule that players stick together," said Walker, still biting his tongue on Favre for the most part.

While Walker is quite adamant about not sticking around in Green Bay for the final year of his contract -- whether Favre returns or not -- he promises not to be a disruption next season, because he doesn't plan to show up at all for training camp.

"If I had to go back there, I'd retire," he said. "I don't have to play."

The rift is so deep and his animosity toward Favre so great that, Walker said, he is even willing if necessary to repay the Packers the prorated portion of his signing bonus, which amounts to around $850,000.

"Why should I risk another year of getting beat up playing for a team that I don't want to play for? That's stupid," Walker said.

Walker, who underwent surgery Oct. 7 in Houston, says his rehab at Florida State (his alma mater) is going as planned. He's sprinting and should be ready to go by training camp -- for some other team, he hopes.

"I love the game," Walker said. "But I'm not going to risk what I went through this year, tearing an ACL and taking pain pills. If I'm going to go out and take hits, it's going to be for a team that I love playing for."

Walker said he told McCarthy, "It's nothing against you or your staff, but it's unfair to you to have a player in your organization that doesn't want to be there."

"I'm not going to grandstand," Walker said. "I just want the Packers to give me peace of mind."

Reached in his office, McCarthy declined comment.

Michael Smith is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

GBFan is offline Starter

Re: J.Walker asks the Packers to Trade or Release Him!!!

Wow. Pretty strong words from him. F' him!

what sucks though is that his trade value isn't that high. He's coming off a torn ACL and he has only had 1 great season and 1 good season in his career

not sure what they could get in return.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

hahahahahahaha thats hilarious..i just had a GB fan call me up about an hour ago and laugh about daunte..now i can call him right back
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

mattjenny3 is offline Starter

"GBFan" wrote:
    Wow. Pretty strong words from him. F' him!

what sucks though is that his trade value isn't that high. He's coming off a torn ACL and he has only had 1 great season and 1 good season in his career

not sure what they could get in return.
    Why did you start another thread if you already knew this was posted?

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=335049#3350 49
    REDHORSE

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

I think personally that there would be a pretty good trade market for him. There's not many elite wide receivers that are available when you consider the free agents and the crop of wideouts in the draft. Discounting the fact that he's a Packer, he really is a pretty good wide receiver.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    "I just don't feel like this is the best place for me to be right now," said Walker, 27, preparing to enter his sixth pro season. "I really have no interest in being in a Green Bay Packers uniform or playing for Green Bay again."

Micheal Smith needs to do a little RESEARCH before writing. Walker has been a Pro for FOUR years and is entering his FIFTH...not his sixth.

As for the whole mess, I've been telling Packer fans all year that Walker would hold out again...they all said I was nuts. I guess he decided to one-up us both.

Walker has had exactly ONE good season...followed by drama and an injury. Does he REALLY think that someone out there is going to give him "Moss-Money"? I don't.

Caine

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

j walk wants out of the pack!

Walker wants Pack to let him explore trade options
    By Michael Smith
    ESPN.com
    click this

Daunte Culpepper's misery in Minnesota has company in, of all places, Green Bay.

Elsa/Getty Images
    Walker: "I just don't feel like this is the best place for me to be right now. I really have no interest in ... playing for Green Bay again."

While the Packers await a decision from quarterback Brett Favre about whether he intends to retire or return, wide receiver Javon Walker, who is rehabilitating the right knee he injured in last year's season opener and yet whose relationship with the organization remains fractured following the team's refusal last summer to renegotiate his contract and Favre's public criticism of Walker's holdout threat, told ESPN.com on Thursday that he has already informed the Packers of his desire to play elsewhere.

Walker said he's expressed his feelings to new Packers coach Mike McCarthy, while his agent, CSMG Sports' Kennard McGuire, has asked general manager Ted Thompson, as did former Walker agent Drew Rosenhaus, to deal Walker or allow them to pursue a trade. Thompson on Wednesday denied the requests.

Citing recent contract squabbles with running back Ahman Green, tight end Bubba Franks, defensive lineman Grady Jackson and cornerback Mike McKenzie, as well as his own, Walker added, "I just don't like the way the organization runs itself. They want players to come up there and play hard and work hard, but when it comes time to be compensated, it's like, 'We forgot what you've done.'"

The source of Walker's bitterness is the team's refusal even to discuss his contract, which at the time had two years remaining, the penultimate year of which paid him $515,000 the season after he made the Pro Bowl by catching 89 passes for 1,382 yards and 12 touchdowns. But Walker says that at this point, money is not the issue.

Favre offended Walker when he spoke out against the receiver in his contract dispute, saying he should come to training camp and not hold out. (Walker heeded the advice.) Walker believes Favre's comments made living and working in Wisconsin difficult; Walker tells of one instance when he was in a hotel and an employee announced his presence on an Internet message board for "anyone who had something to say to Javon Walker." It also angered Walker that the team allowed its iconic quarterback to interfere publicly in a teammate's business with management. He held his tongue all year.

"There's an unwritten rule that players stick together," said Walker, still biting his tongue on Favre for the most part.

While Walker is quite adamant about not sticking around in Green Bay for the final year of his contract -- whether Favre returns or not -- he promises not to be a disruption next season, because he doesn't plan to show up at all for training camp.

"If I had to go back there, I'd retire," he said. "I don't have to play."

The rift is so deep and his animosity toward Favre so great that, Walker said, he is even willing if necessary to repay the Packers the prorated portion of his signing bonus, which amounts to around $850,000.

"Why should I risk another year of getting beat up playing for a team that I don't want to play for? That's stupid," Walker said.

Walker, who underwent surgery Oct. 7 in Houston, says his rehab at Florida State (his alma mater) is going as planned. He's sprinting and should be ready to go by training camp -- for some other team, he hopes.

"I love the game," Walker said. "But I'm not going to risk what I went through this year, tearing an ACL and taking pain pills. If I'm going to go out and take hits, it's going to be for a team that I love playing for."

Walker said he told McCarthy, "It's nothing against you or your staff, but it's unfair to you to have a player in your organization that doesn't want to be there."

"I'm not going to grandstand," Walker said. "I just want the Packers to give me peace of mind."

Reached in his office, McCarthy declined comment.

Go vikes!!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:

Micheal Smith needs to do a little RESEARCH before writing. Walker has been a Pro for FOUR years and is entering his FIFTH...not his sixth.

As for the whole mess, I've been telling Packer fans all year that Walker would hold out again...they all said I was nuts. I guess he decided to one-up us both.

Walker has had exactly ONE good season...followed by drama and an injury. Does he REALLY think that someone out there is going to give him "Moss-Money"? I don't.

Caine

Maybe not Moss money, but alot more than GB is paying him. I agree a little with Walker's statement. He is going out there and beating himself up for that little bit of money. He deserves more money than that. Pepp's situation is totally different, he is going to make over 8 mil this season, and still wasn't happy. What was walker making like 1mil tops including bonus's? Not a good situation, just like here with Pepp.

mh54720 is offline Waterboy

Re: Culpepper cries to be traded, and now Javon Walker!

Hey, i dont blame javon walker! Even though he was on injured reserve all season long! After their 4-12 losing season! He wants a winner, such as joining former green bay teammate d-sharp#42 here in vikings country!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast