Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76
  1. #21
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Culpepper cautions QB Trent Green

    "singersp" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:


    You'd be surprised at who would pick him up. The guy still has fire and determination, despite his long rehab from a very severe injury. When he is healthy, he should be given the opportunity to compete. The Dolphins at this point whether they bring Green in or not would be foolish to let him go. Our future is Tarvaris, and we all better get ready for some learning curves this year as he shows us what he can do. I have faith. Skol Vikings.
    But he still has the small hands & because of it loses the football a lot. He had it under control in 2004, but in 2005 reverted back to funbling the ball.
    I don't think that small hands was his only problem, I think the way he dropped back had something to do with it as well. He would drop back with the ball down at his side instead of up where it should have been. So if they got to him quick they could just pin his arms and he couldn't secure the ball like he should, an easy forced fumble for the D. I watched a number of times where that was what happened. I think Tice even mentioned something about it before. But small hands didn't help matters any.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  2. #22
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Culpepper cautions QB Trent Green

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Haven't heard much from the "Pep Crouch Sniffers" lately have we. Remember when about 3/4 of this board thought the Vikes and Childress did the stupidest thing a NFL team has ever done -- trading Culpepper?
    Aren't ya glad hes' gone now?
    It is difficult to say either way.
    That is one reason I have been quiet too.
    The people I see talking are the ones that have always been out to see the guy fail, even when he was on our own team.
    Doesn't make sense to me!


    It is easy for the nay sayers to sit there with the upper hand at this time with all of DC negative press and the fact that he hasn't been on the field to prove himself for more than a few games on a knee that wasn't healed.
    You have to give it to the guy for getting out there, even though it might not have been the best for the team and his knee.
    Time will tell.

    Many QBs have made a comeback just recently after they were deemed "over" because of injury.
    Carson Palmer (knee), Chad Pennington (shoulder"s"), and Breese (shoulder) just to name a few of the most recent.

    I never root against me team and anyone still rooting against DC should just let it go.
    They should stop living in the past and stop trying to say, "I told you so."

    I can't really say I am glad to see him gone unless we actually have a QB on this team that can play better than he can.
    We haven't got a proven QB that is better than DC on this team.
    Even Brad wasn't up to the task last season.
    I was never a DC naysayer.
    In 2005 when he was our starting QB, I was behind him.
    After the season ended, I was all for bringing him back.
    I liked him as a player, and I think that he could be great given the right OC (linehan).
    Check my threads, I was always a DC supporter.

    But as soon as he showed his true colors in the 05-06 offseason, I was ready for him to leave.
    He is a head case who was spoiled by Tice, and without a coach willing to wipe his butt for him, he won't amount to much.

    I am glad to see him gone.
    I don't give him props for trying to rush back into the game.
    You are right when you said that it was bad for both the team and his knee.
    I don't give anyone props for stupid decisions.
    Maybe had he cooperated with a team during rehab instead of gong to the local strip mall, he would be doing better now.

    And as far as not having a proven QB who can do better?
    I would rather take my chance with any of our unproven QBs.
    They sure can't do any worse.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #23
    PurpleGator's Avatar
    PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Culpepper cautions QB Trent Green

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Haven't heard much from the "Pep Crouch Sniffers" lately have we. Remember when about 3/4 of this board thought the Vikes and Childress did the stupidest thing a NFL team has ever done -- trading Culpepper?
    Aren't ya glad hes' gone now?
    I know... Now you can't find anybody who didn't want to trade Culpepper before.


    I even remember good old Sid saying how big of a mistake we made.


    Sid admit you were wrong for once....


    I think Sid and Culpepper smoke crack together.

  4. #24
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: Culpepper cautions QB Trent Green

    See. I told you guys he went batshit. Mo fo is crazy!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Culpepper cautions QB Trent Green

    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    I know... Now you can't find anybody who didn't want to trade Culpepper before.
    I didn't want to trade Culpepper.
    I've come to terms with it though.
    It required a rigorous rehabilitation program in which I was forced to listen to the words coming out of Daunte's mouth, while having all my memories of 2004 completely wiped from my brain.

    [quote author=davike]
    I don't think that small hands was his only problem, I think the way he dropped back had something to do with it as well. He would drop back with the ball down at his side instead of up where it should have been. So if they got to him quick they could just pin his arms and he couldn't secure the ball like he should, an easy forced fumble for the D.
    [/quote]

    I think that's true, but I remember watching that guy fumble when he got hit by a strong wind.
    He just couldn't seem to hold on to the ball for a couple years.


    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

  6. #26
    MNgriff's Avatar
    MNgriff is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    148

    Re: Culpepper cautions QB Trent Green

    The days of big paychecks are over for DC. I always liked him and was a vocal proponent of him, untill he stiffed me when I was working valet at mystic lake. So his cheap ass shouldn't be hurting all that bad. Then again I've never had any of the vikes give me a huge tip and pat williams was in almost every week (sometimes every day) and he only gives a buck or two.
    Skol

  7. #27
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Culpepper cautions QB Trent Green

    "MNgriff" wrote:
    The days of big paychecks are over for DC. I always liked him and was a vocal proponent of him, untill he stiffed me when I was working valet at mystic lake. So his cheap ass shouldn't be hurting all that bad. Then again I've never had any of the vikes give me a huge tip and pat williams was in almost every week (sometimes every day) and he only gives a buck or two.
    So either you hate Pat Williams & the other Vikings that stiffed you or gave you small tips or hating DC for not giving you one is not a valid reason for hating him.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #28
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,505

    Re: Culpepper cautions QB Trent Green

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Haven't heard much from the "Pep Crouch Sniffers" lately have we. Remember when about 3/4 of this board thought the Vikes and Childress did the stupidest thing a NFL team has ever done -- trading Culpepper?
    Aren't ya glad hes' gone now?
    Being part of the 1/4 . . . the reason DC went away a lot faster than MOSS was because we could win with a different QB.


    Now if one of our receivers would step it up this year . . . MOSS will finally go away as well (and I am a MOSS fan!!!)

    "No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

  9. #29
    PurpleGator's Avatar
    PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Culpepper cautions QB Trent Green

    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Haven't heard much from the "Pep Crouch Sniffers" lately have we. Remember when about 3/4 of this board thought the Vikes and Childress did the stupidest thing a NFL team has ever done -- trading Culpepper?
    Aren't ya glad hes' gone now?
    Being part of the 1/4 . . . the reason DC went away a lot faster than MOSS was because we could win with a different QB.


    Now if one of our receivers would step it up this year . . . MOSS will finally go away as well (and I am a MOSS fan!!!)
    I am in the 1/4 group.


    I was also in the 1/8 group that never wanted him to be the QB.


    I thought we could of done more without him.
    Moss made him what he was.



  10. #30
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Culpepper cautions QB Trent Green

    culpepper just stinks at this point in his career, and theres nothing more to it..just look at how hes played the last 2 seasons..whoever goes into miami will take his job without him even putting up a fight
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trent Green
    By benjamite in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 08:08 PM
  2. Trent Green released
    By DaunteHOF in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 08:16 PM
  3. Trent Green
    By tosstomoss in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-23-2007, 01:09 PM
  4. Trent Green:What to do?
    By Garland Greene in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 11:23 PM
  5. Joey Harrington or Trent Green
    By purpleFavreEaters in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 11:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •