Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Culpepper cautions QB Trent Green

And next year we can get Randy back after he wins a SB with the Pats.

JK on the last two posts. LOL

davike is offline Team Alumni

"MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    This goes to show he, in his mind still thinks he is gonna be "the best ever" this guy has fallen off so far. Soon as Green signs Culpepper is gonna be given his walking papers and no one will want to sign him.......FINITO

MMLV
    He is in denial.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    And next year we can get Randy back after he wins a SB with the Pats.

JK on the last two posts. LOL
    No no, that's how you feel, and now you have been called on it. You're a crotchsniffer and a false fan.

Oh and by the way:
    ;D

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

"davike" wrote:
    This goes to show he, in his mind still thinks he is gonna be "the best ever" this guy has fallen off so far. Soon as Green signs Culpepper is gonna be given his walking papers and no one will want to sign him.......FINITO

MMLV
    He is in denial.
    I can agree with that...who would be likely to sign C-pep anyways??

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

You'd be surprised at who would pick him up. The guy still has fire and determination, despite his long rehab from a very severe injury. When he is healthy, he should be given the opportunity to compete. The Dolphins at this point whether they bring Green in or not would be foolish to let him go. Our future is Tarvaris, and we all better get ready for some learning curves this year as he shows us what he can do. I have faith. Skol Vikings.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Haven't heard much from the "Pep Crouch Sniffers" lately have we. Remember when about 3/4 of this board thought the Vikes and Childress did the stupidest thing a NFL team has ever done -- trading Culpepper?
    Aren't ya glad hes' gone now?
    It is difficult to say either way.
    That is one reason I have been quiet too.
    The people I see talking are the ones that have always been out to see the guy fail, even when he was on our own team.
    Doesn't make sense to me!

It is easy for the nay sayers to sit there with the upper hand at this time with all of DC negative press and the fact that he hasn't been on the field to prove himself for more than a few games on a knee that wasn't healed.
    You have to give it to the guy for getting out there, even though it might not have been the best for the team and his knee.
    Time will tell.

Many QBs have made a comeback just recently after they were deemed "over" because of injury.
    Carson Palmer (knee), Chad Pennington (shoulder"s"), and Breese (shoulder) just to name a few of the most recent.

I never root against me team and anyone still rooting against DC should just let it go.
    They should stop living in the past and stop trying to say, "I told you so."

I can't really say I am glad to see him gone unless we actually have a QB on this team that can play better than he can.
    We haven't got a proven QB that is better than DC on this team.
    Even Brad wasn't up to the task last season.
    It's a sad tale really. DC had deficiencies at qb and a good line with Carter and Moss helped him along. But he also had potential to learn to be great. Perhaps it would have happened. Perhaps not.It appears he may not get another chance.
    I hope he saved some of his money. I don't think he's going to see another big paycheck!
    I think the knee injury did him in.
    I hope I'm wrong!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"PurpleTide" wrote:

You'd be surprised at who would pick him up. The guy still has fire and determination, despite his long rehab from a very severe injury. When he is healthy, he should be given the opportunity to compete. The Dolphins at this point whether they bring Green in or not would be foolish to let him go. Our future is Tarvaris, and we all better get ready for some learning curves this year as he shows us what he can do. I have faith. Skol Vikings.
    But he still has the small hands & because of it loses the football a lot. He had it under control in 2004, but in 2005 reverted back to funbling the ball.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Those small hands will end his career...but i will say i wish we had randy but thats all spilt milk now

I agree he's a head case, but there are teams that would probably want him.
    How about: Jax, Chi, or Atl?
    He's not going to get a big contract anywhere, but somebody would give him a year or two to try and prove he still has the talent to succeed.
    At the very least, he could be a backup somewhere until he proves himself again (if ever).

I always liked watching Culpepper play - he was a tough competitor.
    I think that's what he's talking about in the article.
    He wants to win the starting job and let Trent Green (who's acting like he's already the starting QB even though he isn't on the team yet) know that he can't just waltz in and take over.
    I think the coaching staff disagrees with Culpepper, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to play.

But, it wasn't clear to me that he wasn't just ripping the organization.
    If that's what he's on about, then he should just be quiet.
    Shut up and play.

[quote author=PurpleTide]
    But he still has the small hands & because of it loses the football a lot.
    [/quote]

I still love Dante's response to that: "I don't have small hands, I have small palms."

Yeah, Dante, that's your hand.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

after that response he needs to dye his hair blonde LOL

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast