Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Culpepper Ahead of Schedule

I hope he doesnt get hurt....I dont wish injuries on anyone... there is a difference in saying that I really dont care if he plays another down in the NFL vs. hoping that he gets hurt.... two seperate issues....

hey, how about a three passing touchdown day against us in November, only to be overshadowed by his 3 fumbles that cost the Fish the game!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I love Pep.. Glad he is going well..

He was always a fast healer.. Remember when he broke his back?

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

:thebirdman: culpepper, plain and simple. he ain't wearing a purple jersey anymore so i could careless how his broke knee is doing. he's still gonna fumble footballs and throw pics, screw him

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"snowinapril" wrote:
    The past - DC was loved by most on this site. He got us a lot of wins and provided some good times for most of us.

The here and now - DC is a loser for wanting to play somewhere other than MN.
    or
    The here and now - DC is a competitor and gave it his all for us and now he plays for another team like it or not.

The Future - Who Knows but I am leaving myself open for interpreting it with out having to be all negative on the guy in the here and now. Some might have a change of heart!

If I knew what really went down, I might have a solid opinion one way or the other. I just feel like DC was getting bunched in the balls by someone for some reason, only we never heard about any of the hitting below the belt. This also is JMHO, gut feeling.
    I would agree with you... almost. DC is a competitor and gave it his all for us, until it no longer suited him. As soon as the coaching staff stopped treating him like the most important person on the team, he got mad and left.

The front office certainly has their share of the blame, but there is no way in hell that Daunte was some innocent victim getting hit below the belt. JMHO.

Just a quick edit to make sure I am not misunderstood. I though DC was a great QB when he was here. I still think he is a great QB. I defended him during the stupid boat thing. I don't wish any ill on him. But I think his attitude, his requests for more money, and the way he emailed himself out of the organization were deplorable.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"Eyedea" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    Head coach Nick Saban said that Culpepper is taking part in just about every aspect of the team's offseason workout program,
    I think that about says it all for me. It is something that he refused to do for us. Pep wanted out and wanted to move back to Florida and he forced the issue and got what he wanted. He just didn't want to play for MN anymore plain and simple.
    yes, it is true that Pepper wasnt estactic about playing for the vikings, but was it something the Vikings did?
    Well they asked him to rehab in Winter Park and they told him no when he asked for millions of dollars more than the 6 million bonus they were willing to give him. I guess that could piss you off. :roll: You will note that he hasn't made those demands of the Dolphins.

Personally I think he knew his days were numbered in a WC offense. He just can't read a defense fast enough to be a good WC QB. He plays best in a vertical offense with a big play maker at WR. I don't think he could have won the starting job away from BJ. That coupled with the fact that his days of Tice treating him like a prima donna were over with new coaches and ownership. He just didn't want to be here anymore so he gave them no choice but to trade him. Personally I think in the long run we will be better off.

WWBGD

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Dolphins | Culpepper still aiming for opening day
    Wed, 24 May 2006 12:31:15 -0700

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports people who have spoken to Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper (knee) say he continues to express confidence he will be ready for the Sept. 7 regular season opener.

VikingPatrick is offline Rookie

The facts are that with Free agency as it is today, Players will come and go every 4-5 years or so. Gone are the days when a player gets drafted and he stays with a team for his entire career. When you look at players such as Joe Montana and Jerry Rice who meant so much to the 49rs yet were basically cast adrift to finish their careers with has been teams, it is sad to the fans that followed them, defended them, and worshiped them.
    Christ , you cant even go buy a jersey today with out the fear that this player will be gone and mean nothing to your team.
    I have a new Cullpepper jersey that means nothing to me now. So, as soon as the next # 11 comes along thats worth anything, I will change the nameplate!!
    All told, we need to stop being bitter to the players that move on. It is all stricktly buisness.
    Just as we have the right to quit our jobs and look for something better, the players have the same opportunity.
    At this point I wish Dante well and good luck in his recovery, but as a Viking fan I really hope he has a crappy day when he plays us!!!!
    When All else fails....at least theres Football. Beer, and Women (not necessarily in that order)

One more Daunte tidbit!!
    I have been to Mankato for training camp several times, and of ALL the players I ever had the privilidge to talk to or get an autograh, Daunte was the MOST gracious!! He stayed for almost everyone!!
    Dont even get me started with jack ass's like Moss,Hovan Reed,and others....those guys could K.M.A.
    One year Daunte took a picture with my daughter and the next year he signed it. It is still hanging in my daughters room!!
    Thanks Daunte You were a class act......at the time!!
    When All else fails....at least theres Football. Beer, and Women (not necessarily in that order)

"VikingPatrick" wrote:
    One more Daunte tidbit!!
    I have been to Mankato for training camp several times, and of ALL the players I ever had the privilidge to talk to or get an autograh, Daunte was the MOST gracious!! He stayed for almost everyone!!
    Dont even get me started with jack jiggly butt's like Moss,Hovan Reed,and others....those guys could K.M.A.
    One year Daunte took a picture with my daughter and the next year he signed it. It is still hanging in my daughters room!!
    Thanks Daunte You were a class act......at the time!!
    You're 100% right on Daunte...

He WAS thee class act at Mankato...

F*ck players like Chris Hovan who was a first rate D!CK with people... kids too!!!

Where Daunte was a star on the team, he was the MOST gracious...

The thing is VikingPatrick..not everyone here goes to Mankato like we do EVERY year....

If they did..you would see LESS negativity...
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

Amen my brother....... and we come form L.A. California!!!!
    Are we sick or WHAT??????

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast