Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cry Eli, Cry.

Prophet Guest

Cry Eli, Cry.

KFFL
    Giants | Manning may have right attitude for media, wrong for team
    Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:33:38 -0700

Vic Carucci, of NFL.com, reports New York Giants QB Eli Manning may have the right mild-mannered attitude to handle the everyday stress of being in the New York media market, but that may not be the right attitude to inspire the team in the locker room or on the field.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Cry Eli, Cry.

Yeah, I agree.. He is no Peyton Manning..

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I hat Eli. He is a puss and a baby.

"Wah...I do not want to play for the Chargers....wah....please help me daddy who also sucked as an NFL QB."

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I hat Eli. He is a puss and a baby.

"Wah...I do not want to play for the Chargers....wah....please help me daddy who also sucked as an NFL QB."
    Archie Manning (from Wikipedia):
    After college he was selected in the 1971 NFL draft by the New Orleans Saints with the second overall selection. The Saints were at that time – and throughout Manning's stay there – one of the worst teams in the league, and Manning's supporters have often said that this was the reason that his career was less successful than it otherwise might have been; while his critics have put a considerable amount of blame on him for the team's lack of success. It seems very likely that if sacks had been an official statistic throughout his NFL career, there would probably have been more recorded against him than against any other player.

Manning played for the Saints for ten full seasons, none of them winning. In 1972 he led the league in pass attempts and completions, and led the NFC in passing yards, though the team's record was only 2-11-1; in 1978 he was named the NFC Player of the Year by UPI, despite the team's 7-9 record. That same year Archie was also named All-NFC by both the UPI and The Sporting News.

Manning was selected to the Pro Bowl in 1978 and 1979. He went on to conclude his career with the Houston Oilers (1982-83) and the Minnesota Vikings (1983-84), where the teams posted a collective record of 6-35. He ended his 13-year career having completed 2011 of 3642 passes for 23,911 yards and 125 touchdowns, with 173 interceptions. He also rushed for 2197 yards and 18 touchdowns. His 2011 completions ranked 17th in NFL history upon his retirement.

----

Ryan Leaf sucked. Heath Shuler sucked. I don't put Archie Manning into the same category as those losers.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Ryan Leaf sucked. Heath Shuler sucked. I don't put Archie Manning into the same category as those losers.
    New Orleans Saints Sucked, Tampa Bay Bucs Sucked (Archie time frame). I don't put the San Diego Chargers (Eli time frame) into the same category as those losers.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Reading that article was a waste of time. Peyton isn't exactly known for his attitude and ability to get the team motivated either. Eli needs improve his arm and quit his habit of overthrowing his receivers. His attitude isn't the problem.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"V-Unit" wrote:
    Reading that article was a waste of time. Peyton isn't exactly known for his attitude and ability to get the team motivated either. Eli needs improve his arm and quit his habit of overthrowing his receivers. His attitude isn't the problem.
    That's right. His face is. He's one ugly punk arse b!tch.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Prophet Guest

"V-Unit" wrote:
    One sentence does not an article make.

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"V-Unit" wrote:

Yeah, I agree with you 100%.

I understand if you people don't like Eli because of what he pulled at the NFL Draft, but I promise you he will be very sucsessful in the NFL.

He has everything he needs, good coaching, plenty of weapons around him, and the athletic ability.

Hell, I wouldn't mind if he was our QB.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

Ryan Leaf sucked. Heath Shuler sucked. I don't put Archie Manning into the same category as those losers

plus he was a viking :grin:
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast