Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Cris Carter Says Goodell "Ain't Got No Rules, Man"

I agree mviking7. He makes people pay for their stupidity. He doesn't want players shedding bad light on his "corporation" and when they do, they face the consequences. Keep up the good work Goddell.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"MVIKING7" wrote:
    ...and this guy doesn't make first ballot. Carter is now doing what he did with his body, with his mouth, and hopefully with the same results.
    A superior player, a mentor and leader, and now a "groomer of behavior". Can this guy do anymore for his sport? Put him in the hall already.
    Amen.

+1
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"Formo" wrote:
    "MVIKING7" wrote:
    ...and this guy doesn't make first ballot. Carter is now doing what he did with his body, with his mouth, and hopefully with the same results.
    A superior player, a mentor and leader, and now a "groomer of behavior". Can this guy do anymore for his sport? Put him in the hall already.
    Amen.

+1

Unfortunately with Jerry Rice coming up on the ballot I personally doubt they'll vote Carter in they won't put another WR in the hall the same year as Rice IMO.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

In my honest non-homer opinion, I believe Carter was a better receiver than rice. For 2 reasons: Montana and Young. When has Carter had that caliber of a quarterback to throw to him? Rice is an amazing receiver, but i believe Carter would hold all the records if Rice had been on a average team like the Vikings.

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

"erik5032" wrote:
    In my honest non-homer opinion, I believe Carter was a better receiver than rice. For 2 reasons: Montana and Young. When has Carter had that caliber of a quarterback to throw to him? Rice is an amazing receiver, but i believe Carter would hold all the records if Rice had been on a average team like the Vikings.
    Wow dude, I've was saying that very same thing through his whole career, but never brought it up here, because I didn't want to get pounded. Not taking anything away from Rice, he was TRULY great, but Carter was an AMAZING reciever. He had Moon and Cunningham, but at the end of their careers. It's the same theory as how much better would Barry Sanders have been on a playoff calibur team. I guess in the end...it's all relative.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"MVIKING7" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Why don't people like Roger? He's the shit
    I think Goodell is just what our sport needed. A "no nonsense" commish. 0 tolerance.......it's the only way.
    A no "common-sense" commish you mean.

If you are a coach in the NFL & are taking HGH to help fight your type 2 diabetes, expect to get a 5 game suspension.

If you are a coach in the NFL & are cheating at football by illeagally filming other teams during a game or at practice & happen to play for the Patriots, expect to get a fine, but no suspension & have all the legal evidence against you destroyed so it cannot be used against you in a court of law. An act in itself, which he should have been held accountable for.

If you are JA, expect to get a fine when you hit a QB, even if your forward momentum prevents you from doing so.

If you are a Viking & get caught taking a drug that aids you in weight loss that has a banned substance in it, that the manufacturer doesn't tell you about & is illegal for the manufacturer to put in the drug in the first place, expect to get a 4 game suspension that same year.

If you are a Packer & get caught with 200g of pills that is illegal for you to possess, expect to be able to play the entire year.

If you are Ryan Clark & decide to honor your dead teammate by putting the number 21 on your eye black patches, expect Goodell to slap you with a fine.

[size=13pt]NFL 2008: Top 10 Most Ridiculous Fines[/size]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    Ha lol, Goodell tells Bills to use bye week to see if football is what they want to do.... funny pooh.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "MVIKING7" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    I think Goodell is just what our sport needed. A "no nonsense" commish. 0 tolerance.......it's the only way.

If you are a coach in the NFL & are taking HGH to help fight your type 2 diabetes, expect to get a 5 game suspension.

If you are a coach in the NFL & are cheating at football by illeagally filming other teams during a game or at practice & happen to play for the Patriots, expect to get a fine, but no suspension & have all the legal evidence against you destroyed so it cannot be used against you in a court of law. An act in itself, which he should have been held accountable for.

If you are JA, expect to get a fine when you hit a QB, even if your forward momentum prevents you from doing so.

If you are a Viking & get caught taking a drug that aids you in weight loss that has a banned substance in it, that the manufacturer doesn't tell you about & is illegal for the manufacturer to put in the drug in the first place, expect to get a 4 game suspension that same year.

If you are a Packer & get caught with 200g of pills that is illegal for you to possess, expect to be able to play the entire year.

If you are Ryan Clark & decide to honor your dead teammate by putting the number 21 on your eye black patches, expect Goodell to slap you with a fine.

Wilson did admit to ESPN that he got the drugs “without proper medical supervision.”
    So he's self medicating with a drug that has a side effect insulin resistance and he was caught due to a federal investigation into an Internet pharmaceutical company that also caught Rodney Harrison.

Wilson stopped using HGH due to side effects, something a doctor may have cautioned him about if he was following a physcian care and not treating on his own.

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

"singersp" wrote:
    "MVIKING7" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Wow Singer, now that you put it all in one statement, I guess I should re-think my position. I guess he "ain't all that" after all. Thanks for opening my eyes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast