Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Cris Carter & Mike Williams...

I think Cris is a good mentor for Williams. However, they are both the same type of reciever (possesion wise). Williamson is a whole different type of beast. He will work his a%% off to show all the doubters why he was our no. 7 pick.

Del Rio Guest

Chris is doing it out of spite because the Vikes didn't snag him.

* Carter wrings his god given hands together as he scowls at the draft board with an evil undertone*

*He thinks to himself, "so the Vikings didn't heed my advice....I will make them pay...I will train him into becoming the greatest thing to grace that position.....mwaahahahahahahahahah*

Just kidding. Williams will obviously learn a lot from training with one of the best ever.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    This is the General NFL Discussion forum. Not the Fan forum or the Draft forum. Prophet made a post to talk about Carter and Williams. Not to invite rant about us taking Troy over Mike.
    Just goes to show that posters here would rather talk about what we have than what we don't have...so screw Carter helping out Mike Williams...he needs to drop Williams and come help out Williamson!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:

* Carter wrings his god given hands together as he scowls at the draft board with an evil undertone*

*He thinks to himself, "so the Vikings didn't heed my advice....I will make them pay...I will train him into becoming the greatest thing to grace that position.....mwaahahahahahahahahah*

Just kidding. Williams will obviously learn a lot from training with one of the best ever.

they were training before the draft even happened

Mikchek is offline Training Camp

"Del Rio" wrote:

COme on man....Chris didn't do it out of spite....if anything he did it because he thought tha vikes were going to pick him up.......they were training during the summer time and during the year that williams was off football......I think he would have been the most logical pick because of the impact he would have...his transition is going to be A LOT smoother than others because of his working with Carter.....I don't know why everybody is saying this Williams is a possesion (sp?) receiver just cause he is not SUPER fast....hell Rice wasn't super fast but I seen hip fly down the field many times....Williams is very all around and I hope this pic doesn't come back to haunt us....I have nothing against troy....I think he is dope and will work out here....but IMO Williams would have been a better pick....

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Mikchek" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

COme on man....Chris didn't do it out of spite....if anything he did it because he thought tha vikes were going to pick him up.......they were training during the summer time and during the year that williams was off football......I think he would have been the most logical pick because of the impact he would have...his transition is going to be A LOT smoother than others because of his working with Carter.....I don't know why everybody is saying this Williams is a possesion (sp?) receiver just cause he is not SUPER fast....hell Rice wasn't super fast but I seen hip fly down the field many times....Williams is very all around and I hope this pic doesn't come back to haunt us....I have nothing against troy....I think he is dope and will work out here....but IMO Williams would have been a better pick....
    I don't think he was serious that Carter was doing it out of spite, considering he trained him BEFORE the draft, before he knew the Vikes wouldn't pick him. I don't think Del Rio was serious.

smoot2boot is offline Rookie

If Cris Carter wanted to spite us he would sign with the Dolphins and...oh wait nevermind
    God, I hate you Joe Buck!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    This is the General NFL Discussion forum. Not the Fan forum or the Draft forum. Prophet made a post to talk about Carter and Williams. Not to invite rant about us taking Troy over Mike.
    Even if it would have been posted in the fan forum, I took it as a positive article on CARTER, a former viking player, not as we want Williams, shoulda coulda article.

Good post prophet. Good observatioin. It is a little scarey looking at those WRs in Detroit. Problem is they may not have a QB to utilize them before they have to get rid of one to keep all 3 WRs on the team and under the cap. I think they are hoping that Williams and Williams pan out. If Rogers has one more injury, he is a goner.

Roger is the speed guy though and the Williams Sisters are the rout runners. They got rid of the other WR with speed, Akeem.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ltrey33" wrote:
    "Mikchek" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

I don't think he was serious that Carter was doing it out of spite, considering he trained him BEFORE the draft, before he knew the Vikes wouldn't pick him. I don't think Del Rio was serious.
    Carter does it for the BLING BLING. He isn't doing it for free. It is his business. I bet he gets paid handsomely. He does have a professional training program doesn't he? I have seen him working out with high school kids, college kids, and pros. I just assumed they paid.

I was wrong, this is from the article:

Carter isn't getting paid. He's paying it forward.

"It don't mean nothing for me personally, but it means a lot for a young player who's a receiver with great ability," he continues. "I mean, what am I going to do with all this information, walk around with it? It ain't going to help nobody. If you can't help nobody, what good are you?"

I am suprised that he doesn't have other WRs beating down the door. Shows you the work ethic of Williams and man his numbers for only 2 years were pretty impressive.

Del Rio Guest

I was joking. I could care less who he trains with he isn't a Vike.

I know all about the Carter Williams infatuation pre-draft.. I said I was joking in my post.

Good for Williams

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast