Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Cris Carter & Mike Williams...

Cris is breaking Williams into the NFL, making him work his ass off it appears. I still think the Vikes would be better off with Williams, we'll see.

Here's the article--good stuff, I like CC, good work ethic:

Carter & Williams

Re: Cris Carter & Mike Williams...

Good read..... I still feel we did the right thing with WIlliamson though..... Both will turn out to be good receivers IMO

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

williams will be average
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

VikesFan111 is offline Rookie

Well...

with the 7th overall selection in the 2005 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select, Troy Williamson. University of South Carolina.

Didn't mean to come off as sarcastic, but Mike Williams is a Detroit Lion. Troy Williamson is a Minnesota Viking. Coulda, shoulda, woulda, it didn't happen. Troy Williamson was the #2 rated PLAYER on the Vike's board. His route running will get more polished and he can run the deep route w/out having a DB glued to his side. We needed someone to stretch the field. He can do it. So lets forget this Mike Williams stuff and move on.

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

I agree,im sick of all the "we shoulda got williams" crying.

Get over it!!

smoot2boot is offline Rookie

The 'we wanted Williams posts' are as played out as the 'we shouldn't have traded Moss' posts. What's done is done we still got a hell of a team in my view.
    God, I hate you Joe Buck!

Prophet Guest

Just a comment, first time I expressed it.

The point of the post was to look at how Cris Carter is working on Williams. Cris Carter has an awesome work ethic and his coaching will augment the receivers abilities on the Lions.

MNVikingGangsta Guest

"VikesFan111" wrote:
    Well...

with the 7th overall selection in the 2005 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select, Troy Williamson. University of South Carolina.

Didn't mean to come off as sarcastic, but Mike Williams is a Detroit Lion. Troy Williamson is a Minnesota Viking. Coulda, shoulda, woulda, it didn't happen. Troy Williamson was the #2 rated PLAYER on the Vike's board. His route running will get more polished and he can run the deep route w/out having a DB glued to his side. We needed someone to stretch the field. He can do it. So lets forget this Mike Williams stuff and move on.
    Exactly, who gives a crap about mike williams he is not a MN Viking so screw mike and lets give troy our total support because no matter what any of us wanted troy is who we got. i know everyone wanted "their" player in the draft but we are here to support the vikings not one player so whoever the vikings picked up should become one of our fav players

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I agree...Troy is a Viking now...so we all need to get behind him and root for him to have immediate success. I think that the fascination with Williams (me included) was that he seemed to be the most NFL-ready out of all of the prospects...and since we are all looking for someone who will make an IMMEDIATE impact, we wanted him for a Super Bowl run THIS YEAR...however, if TW comes along quickly and shows that he is ready for prime time now, then he will quickly make us forget about Mike...and maybe Randy as well!!! GO TROY!!! GO VIKES!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

This is the General NFL Discussion forum. Not the Fan forum or the Draft forum. Prophet made a post to talk about Carter and Williams. Not to invite rant about us taking Troy over Mike.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast