Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Cowturds finalizing deal with Leonard Davis

"laujesse" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "laujesse" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    The fact is that Leonard Davis is not a Very good tackle, he is a guard.
    And you'll have a hard time convincing anyone here or in the league that he deserves more money than Hutchinson.
    It is my opinion... doesnt have to be anybody elses.

If Hutch were a FA this year he would have gotten more than any of these guys this is true. He is not a FA though and we got price protection for starting our order early.

He is more talented(not better) than Hutch though and was worth every penny of what he got way more so than "the skipper" or god forbid... Dockery now there is a contract that made me ill.
    If by talent you mean size, rather than intelligence, athleticism and technique.
    So what you are both saying is that he lacks these qualities and he is also LAZY.

My question to you two is did you get this info from actually watching him play and talking with his coaching staff or did you get this crap from asumptions you pulled out of the thin air about him...?

:

He had a new Oline coach almost every year he was in ARZ. You should be able to find an artical from at least one of them quoting that he was a "lazy bunghole that lacks intelligence, athleticism and technique." right? Lets see it.

If he settled for the money he did he must have done at least one thing right.
    8)

Cajun, you never answered my question as to why you only got mad about this signing.

DUDE...if you were paying attention, you would KNOW that I HATE the Cowturds as much as everyone else here hates the Pukers!!!

My info comes from the fact that he couldn't cut it at guard and was moved to left tackle...where he didn't do any better.
    The CARDINALS (of all teams who need OL help) CUT HIM...that alone should say something.
    AND with all of that TALENT that he has, he still hasn't made the Pro Bowl:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/preview/2006/teams/nfcw/arizona_cardinals.html

"Leonard Davis heads into the last year of his rookie contract at left tackle, with the former No. 2 overall selection still chasing a Pro Bowl berth."
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

More on Leonard Davis:

http://sportsline.com/nfl/story/10009898

QUOTE:
    Leonard Davis, T, Arizona

When the Cards made Davis the second choice of the 2001 draft, he was projected as a franchise tackle who would dominate for the next decade. But then Arizona learned a lesson others should heed: Leonard Davis is a better guard, or right tackle, than he is a left tackle. In fact, one coach I spoke with believes Davis can't play the left side, that he doesn't have the quick feet to handle speed rushers. As evidence he pointed to Davis' rash of false-start penalties. He had nine this season and allowed a career-high eight sacks.

"He's petrified of the speed rusher," he said. "He's more of a masher."

When the Cards moved him inside, however, Davis seemed at home. In fact, he excelled. Hey, when they played him at right tackle in 2002 he didn't look all that bad, either, once walling off Michael Strahan. But ex-coach Denny Green never figured that out, moving Davis back to left tackle where the guy teammates call "Big" was overmatched.

One coach compared him to Pro Bowl lineman Larry Allen, who is a better guard than he is a tackle, and he might be on to something: Davis could be ticketed for the 49ers, where he would join Allen. All I know is that left tackles get big bucks, and there was a reason Ken Whisenhunt and Russ Grimm let this guy walk. Hint: It wasn't all about the money.

IT WAS BECAUSE HE SUCKED!!!

laujesse is offline Starter

How can you keep replying to my posts Cajun and not answer my questions.
    :

Where is your explaination as to why you are so upset and jelous?

Where is the skinny on how he was a "lazy bunghole that lacks intelligence, athleticism and technique"?

All I see here is a HOMER artical about the obvious. He is not a left tackle. He is a gaurd and a right tackle.
    He was the best the team had at the LT position so they put him there. What does that tell you. He did not resign with the team, so that means he was "CUT"? The Pro Bowl means nothing but name recognition from media coverage for O lineman, how many MNF games did you see the Cards in in the last 5 years? That makes him a BUM?

I am embarrased to have to type this. Just so you are aware you are quoting an artical to state your case AGAINST him that compares him to future HOF'er Larry Allen...
    ???
    Tom Powers < Hetero

"laujesse" wrote:
    How can you keep replying to my posts Cajun and not answer my questions.
    :

Where is your explaination as to why you are so upset and jelous?

Where is the skinny on how he was a "lazy bunghole that lacks intelligence, athleticism and technique"?

All I see here is a HOMER artical about the obvious. He is not a left tackle. He is a gaurd and a right tackle.
    He was the best the team had at the position so they put him there. What does that tell you.

The Pro Bowl means nothing but name recognition from media coverage for O lineman, how many MNF games did you see the Cards in in the last 5 years?

That makes him a BUM? Stop it. I am embarrased to have to type this.
    He failed as a guard...and may end up being a decent right tackle...BUT he certainly isn't in Hutchinson's class and doesn't deserve Hutchinson type money.

I am certainly NOT upset NOR jealous...I don't know where you get that from.

The skinny on the "lazy bunghole that lacks intelligence, athleticism and technique" stems from the fact that despite all of his so-called TALENT, he cannot play the left tackle position...an opinion that is backed up by the articles that I posted.

You trying to belittle me isn't going to make me back down...since you haven't posted evidence to make me change my mind.
    IF you can find something convincing, I might just give Davis some credit...but until you do, you are just gonna have to keep fooling yourself that you are winning this "debate"!

You posted an artical to state your case against him that compares him to future HOF'er Larry Allen.

I am not belittling you,
    just your ridiculous pulled from thin air posts that you parade as facts.

I am not going off of the NFL network colomnist opinion I am going off of what I saw in the games.

It is not a debate I am telling you like it is.
    ;D

High D adaptive High I right?
    Tom Powers < Hetero

"laujesse" wrote:
    You posted an artical to state your case against him that compares him to future HOF'er Larry Allen.

I am not belittling you,

I am not going off of the NFL network colomnist opinion I am going off of what I saw in the games.

;D

I never claimed any of what I said as FACT...this is MY opinion...backed up somewhat by other opinions shown in the links that I posted.
    As for pulling things out of thin air, if I were to say that I watched EVERY Cardinals game on tape that Davis played and came to the conclusion that he sucked, would that even matter.
    NO...and that is why what YOU are stating as the basis for YOUR OPINION is suspect.

You are more likely telling me like it AIN'T!

"laujesse" wrote:

I am not belittling you,

;D

And read the article in FULL next time...the only comparison to Larry Allen that is stated is the fact that they may both be better GUARDS than TACKLES...the coach never said that Davis was a HOF'er like Allen will end up being.
    Talk about pulling things out of thin air...GEEZ!!!

Also, the assessments of Davis were by COACHES, not the article writer...and I trust the COACHES' opinions WAY more than your opinion.

You are right...it's not a debate...because you have nothing to bring to the table except your misguided observations of his play from your La-Z-Boy!

Dont try to take a more reasonable stance to save face now.

You used the word LAZY in all caps to describe him while posting in agreement to another post that said he lacks intelligence, athleticism and technique.
    Where is this proof you demand of me?

Your links a.k.a. your proof came in an artical that sayes he is not a left tackle. Which last I checked is not a statement that detracts from his work ethic, intelligence, athleticism, and technique. If anything they support my view.

Let the record show that this is still not a debate it is a lesson.
    Tom Powers < Hetero

"laujesse" wrote:
    Dont try to take a more reasonable stance to save face now.

You used the word LAZY in all caps to describe him while posting in agreement to another post that said he lacks intelligence, athleticism and technique.
    Where is this proof you demand of me?

Your links a.k.a. your proof came in an artical that sayes he is not a left tackle. Which last I checked is not a statement that detracts from his work ethic, intelligence, athleticism, and technique. If anything they support my view.

Let the record show that this is still not a debate it is a lesson.
    You are the one in need of a lesson...and your pathetic attempts to discredit me are weak.
    AGAIN, it is MY OPINION...and when someone states an OPINION, they don't really have to back it up with facts, only their own personal observations.

My OPINION in regards to his laziness, lack of intelligence, lack of athleticism and lack of technique is based on the fact that though he has all the physical tools necessary to succeed (height, weight, supposed strength), he has nonetheless failed at left tackle and was not good enough at guard to entice the Cardinals to keep him.

IF you have a different OPINION, that is your perogative...as for me, I stand by mine.

Is there something that you want to disclose to us?
    Maybe you are a closet Cowboys or Patriots fan or something?
    Or maybe you are Leonard Davis himself or his brother, mother or closeted *** lover?
    Whatever the case, have fun rooting for him next season...as for me, I hope that he continues to underachieve...since it will only make the Cowboys worse.

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Give it up Laujesse...
    You are attempting to fight an evil, nefarious, spellchecking attorney who drives a Mercedes and breaks bread with me from time to time!
    8)
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast