Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Cowgirls release Adams and Hamlin

The Dallas Cowboys released five-time Pro Bowl left tackle Flozell Adams and safety Ken Hamlin on Friday, two years after both players signed long-term contracts.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8174c39c&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I think Hamlin would be a nice player to look at. He is a very capable safety and the only reason I think he was really released was because the Cowboys are targeting a safety with their 1st pick IMO (Mays, Thomas, Allen) who could be a long term answer. Hamlin has long been a solid S in the league. I'll pass on Adams though, he just not quick enough to keep up with the speed rushers and facing Peppers along with the rest of the NFC North would worry me.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Cowgirls release Adams and Hamlin

oaklandzoo24 wrote:
    The Dallas Cowboys released five-time Pro Bowl left tackle Flozell Adams and safety Ken Hamlin on Friday, two years after both players signed long-term contracts.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8174c39c&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I think Hamlin would be a nice player to look at. He is a very capable safety and the only reason I think he was really released was because the Cowboys are targeting a safety with their 1st pick IMO (Mays, Thomas, Allen) who could be a long term answer. Hamlin has long been a solid S in the league. I'll pass on Adams though, he just not quick enough to keep up with the speed rushers and facing Peppers along with the rest of the NFC North would worry me.
    I like Hamlin too. Adams wouldn't be bad but he has been in the league 12 years. He can still be productive another few years. I think he is still better than McKinnie but that's my opinion. That posiiton scares me for next year.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Adams could end up on a team like the Bears. I think he will be signed before the draft or right after it if a team misses on oline.

Hamlin is a good player, but I have never really liked him or thought it was any good.
    We're bringing purple back.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Hamlin is a good player, but I have never really liked him or thought it was any good.
    What?
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Not really related, but, one of my favorite pics from last season.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

ejmat wrote:
    oaklandzoo24 wrote:

I like Hamlin too. Adams wouldn't be bad but he has been in the league 12 years. He can still be productive another few years. I think he is still better than McKinnie but that's my opinion. That posiiton scares me for next year.
    I would pick up both. I like Hamlin & Adams at least isn't a terd. Then we could trade dimpled cheek McKinney. I just don't like him any more, I am tired of his antics!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

tarkenton10 wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    oaklandzoo24 wrote:

I would pick up both. I like Hamlin & Adams at least isn't a terd. Then we could trade dimpled cheek McKinney. I just don't like him any more, I am tired of his antics!!
    Your nuts, Adams is a waste of space even more then McKinnie. :unsure:

The funny thing is that I knew at least one person would say that but I wouldnt of guessed you.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

PackSux! wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    oaklandzoo24 wrote:

The funny thing is that I knew at least one person would say that but I wouldnt of guessed you.
    Waste of space? Really? I don't know about that. He's not the greatest LT by any means but he has been very productive for many years. This year he was pretty darn productive too although he had a couple of bad games. I would take him over McKinnie. That's for sure.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

ejmat wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    oaklandzoo24 wrote:

Waste of space? Really? I don't know about that. He's not the greatest LT by any means but he has been very productive for many years. This year he was pretty darn productive too although he had a couple of bad games. I would take him over McKinnie. That's for sure.
    And yet the Cowboys let both of them loose.

Makes one wonder why, if in fact they are still as good as you guys say they are.

Kindof brings back the discussions about Pace last year. Everyone was so sure he was gonna fix the Bores OL issues. Now you can't find anyone who will say they said that, unless of course, you use the PPO search funtion.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Some stats.....

Adams gave up 34 QB pressures (Tied for 6th), 7 QB hits (Tied for 25th), 8 Sacks (Tied for 7th) and had 12 penalties called on him (Tied for 6th).

Big Mac, as much as I'd love to find a replacment, wasn't quite as bad in a couple of those numbers areas and only one worse in the other two (15 QB pressures, 9 QB hits , 9 Sacks and had 4 penalties called on him).

Profootball Focus - OT Stats

Not even gonna bother with Hamlin as I suspect I will find the same data. Probaby something like less than 50 tackles, 10 missed Tackles, etc ect ect.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast