Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Cowboys should have gone for it!

I know some people have asked about Romo being good still. I just want to know how many felt the boys should have gone for it on 4th?

All Seattle had to do was get into FG postion to win. I felt Dallas 'D' was not doing that great so why not go for it on 4th?
    It was probaly inches and I cannot see the Boys not getting it.

???

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Mystophales is offline Rookie

Re: Cowboys should have gone for it!

I guess it is pretty easy to say now that they should have gone for it but the Dallas offense wasn't playing great and the Dallas D was coming on after that 4th down stop at the other endzone.

I think what they did was the right call. I mean how many times are you going to have what happened to Romo happen? 99 ot of 100 times it will all go smooth...it just so happened that one time happened to end the season for them...lol

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

If Romo doesnt mess up the hold the Cowboys take the lead with under 2 minutes to go in the game....it was the right call, Romo just buckled under the pressure...

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

I thought the Cowboys should have gone for it too.
    I know conventional wisdom says to kick teh FG but Seattle is too good of an offense to assume that they couldn't get into FG range with well over a minute left to play.
    Dallas was going to lose if they made the FG for sure.

The reason you go for it is because if you get the inch then you can run the ball three times to try to put it and then kick the FG with time expiring and not give Seattle a chance to come back and win.

Now let's say they don't make it.
    Well then you still have 3 time outs and, if you can stop them, you'll have good Field position and only need to get about 20 yards in 30 seconds with Romo at QB who has been great in those clutch situations all season.

Basically it was going to come down to the boys ability to stop the Seahawks either way and it is a lot easier to stop them when you know they are just going to run the ball right at you then it is to stop them when you don't know what they are going to do.
    So, in my estimatioin the risk was about the same and the reward for going for it was a lot bigger.
    They should have gone for it.

That is what I was thinking while they were reviewing the Witten play.
    In hindsight, because of their inability to stop Shaun Alexander when they knew he was just going to run at them, Dallas would have lost either way.
    Not being able to stop Shaun Alexandeer on that play was what lost them the game in the end. If they stop Shaun Alexander they have the ball at the 40-something with 40+ seconds left.
    They have to go ten-20 yards tog et in range and they could run, or pass anywhere on the Field with that much time and that little yardage to go.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

No team with Owens on it is meant to win, it was only a matter of time until Dallas would lose.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda.

They did the right thing. Any coach would tell you that.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

They made the right decision at that point in the game... Its the playoffs man, you don't take such big risks when if you screw it up, there is no next week... They would have had the lead, and forced Seattle to do something.. So they did the right thing, just buckled under pressure..

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

No way. Field goal was the right call in that situation. It gave them the lead with a minute and a half remaining in the game. If your D can't hold that, you don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

no matter what the call it has to be executed properly, Romo Failed

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

They made the right call and I would think the vast majority of coaches would have done the same thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast