i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Cowboys release Adam "Pac Man" Jones

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=50487.msg906270#msg906270 date=1234216035]
    TO will also be available for all you Pacman fans. Oh and possibly Ocho Stinko. As far as douchebags go why not resign Daunte, and try to pick up that POS Vick.

We would be like the old school raiders, full of talented outcasts, except we would suck jiggly butt.
    atleast we'd be fun to watch!!...

and that Vick pooh was some kaka del rio!!!.... dog fighting??.. really???.... clearly unnecessary to go to jail for when ppl who commit murder or entirely more heinus crimes like IDK selling Drugs, Drunk Driving killings, Politicians stealing money, CEO's making risky investments to crash the global economy etc. get off scottfree???...

yeah, your right Vick is a POS
    :
    Anyone who tortures (including drowning and tazering) dogs for kicks is a POS in my opinion.

I am not convinced he did that stuff personally.
    Either way, he was still a large part of it.
    Tolerating it, or having something to do with it doesn't make you much better than the people who actually did it.
    He was clearly associated with them.
    I associate with some dumbasses. That does not make me a dumbass.

[/quote]

if a fool fools you then you are in fact more of a fool...

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=50487.msg906270#msg906270 date=1234216035]
    TO will also be available for all you Pacman fans. Oh and possibly Ocho Stinko. As far as douchebags go why not resign Daunte, and try to pick up that POS Vick.

We would be like the old school raiders, full of talented outcasts, except we would suck jiggly butt.

and that Vick pooh was some kaka del rio!!!.... dog fighting??.. really???.... clearly unnecessary to go to jail for when ppl who commit murder or entirely more heinus crimes like IDK selling Drugs, Drunk Driving killings, Politicians stealing money, CEO's making risky investments to crash the global economy etc. get off scottfree???...

:
    Anyone who tortures (including drowning and tazering) dogs for kicks is a POS in my opinion.

Tolerating it, or having something to do with it doesn't make you much better than the people who actually did it.

[/quote]

So you say...

But seriously... who isn't associated with one dumbass or another?
    Heh...then I guess by my own logic we're all idiots.

...sounds about right.
    :P

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    [quote author=bleedpurple link=topic=50487.msg906273#msg906273 date=1234216266]

:

[/quote]

So you say...

But seriously... who isn't associated with one dumbass or another?
    Heh...then I guess by my own logic we're all idiots.

...sounds about right.
    :P
    [/quote]

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=23378.0

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"kevoncox" wrote:

Not only did the Steelers not have any TDs from returns, they always had a poor average returns. I did my homework : ). BTW they steelers were 29th in KR average and dead last in punt return average.

These aspects of their ST were poor. I believe they will go out and adress this. I don't just pull this out my butt. I know what I am talking about.
    The bottomline is, why use them as an example. We should aspiring to be the best not regressing because the world champs didnt need it.

It's hard to get good field position when you don't have a good return average. Typically, with out a returner,
    you would need the other team to have a terrible kick or the wind to help you out.

A quick check of last years KR & PR yielded this;

Yes, the Steelers ranked 29th in KR average last year, but what you failed to mention was that the difference between the best average in the league (25.4 YDS) & the 29th place Steeleers (20.3 YDS) is only 5.1 yards. I hardly see that difference as making/breaking a teams chance of winning.

The top 6 teams: Titans, Seahawks, Patriots, Redskins, Bears & the Bucs. 3 of the top 4 had 0 TD's

Of the 32 teams in the league, only 1 team had more than 1 TD on a KR. That team was the Oakland Raiders with 2.

LOL! That put them into playoff contention didn't it?
    Last I checked they finished 5-11

Of the remaining 31 teams, 11 recorded 1 TD & 20 teams had 0.

That means 20 out of 32 teams didn't have a TD on a KR. That includes the following playoff teams: Steelers, Vikings, Ravens, Titans, Falcons, Colts, Giants, Panthers & Dolphins.

On to PR's;

The Steelers tied for last in that stat with the Colts. Less than 5 yards separated them (6.0 YDS) from the 5th place teams, Panthers & the Packers (10.8)

The top 6 teams: Bills, Raiders, Texans, Saints, Panthers & the Packers.
    All of the top 4 had 1 TD or more. None of them made the playoffs. Best record of the 4 was 8-8.

Of the 32 teams in the league, only 2 teams had 3 TD's on PR. The Raiders & the Saints.

LOL! That put them into playoff contention didn't it?
    Last I checked the Raiders finished 5-11 & the Saints 8-8

Of the 30 other teams, only 2 of those teams had 2 TD's on PR. The Packers & the Texans.

Last I checked the Packers finished 6-10 & the Texans 8-8.

Of the 28 remaining teams, only 6 of those teams had 1 TD on a PR. The Falcons, Bills, Vikings, Bucs, Eagles & Redskins.

That means 22 out of 32 teams didn't have a TD on a PR. That includes the following playoff teams: Steelers, Cardinals, Ravens, Titans, Chargers, Colts, Giants, Panthers & Dolphins.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910