Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    slinkey is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Cowboys Hate Thread

I have hated the Cowboys ever since I can remember (1964)
    I hate Staubach, Richards, the pass dropping in the endzone during the super bowl (what was his name?
    he had red hair and played forever for St Louis) drew peason, randy white, charlie waters, robert newhouse and now of course a whole new cast of characters to despise.
    BEST MOMENT IN COWBOYS HISTORY?
    RANDY MOSS LIGHTING THEM UP LIKE THE "BOYS" THEY ARE!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    I don't give a fuck about the Cowboys.

My dad didn't give a fuck about the Cowboys.

My grandfather(s) didn't give a fuck about the Cowboys.

I'm 3rd generation don't give a fuck.
    Thanks Singer, I've been searching for the words to capture...made one edit, in bold.
    I must add two words though........................
    >HAIL MARY >

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Jilly is offline Coach

"lakehubertviking" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    Wahh Wahhh Wahhh, somebody call the Wahhmbulance.
    I can justify my hate of the Yankees because they have a payroll 3 or 4 times the payroll of my Twins.
    But the cowboys have won games by talent and management, not an unlimited budget.
    I love how people hate on the Cowboys yet deep down they just wish they had a team ran as well as the Cowboys over the decades.
    This is the Cowboys Hate Thread, please save all positive comments for the I love Cowboys thread.

LMAO!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    Well you are not alone here in The Lone Star State.
    I live in Benbrook/SW Tarrant County.
    I have hated the Cowboys for 40+ years.
    Cowboy fans are the worst.
    You want the God's honest truth, all fans who aren't fans of your team are the worst.
    I've lived among NE fans (although you could hardly call them fans in the mid-80s), NY Giants & Jets fans and Redskins (and some Ravens) fans.
    Been to games in Buffalo and Philly to boot.
    The fans suck everywhere but here.

As to the Cowboys, I don't "hate" them any more than I "hate" the Giants.
    If I had to list the teams I disliked, the order would go:

Bears
    Packers
    Lions
    Buccaneers
    Redskins
    Cowboys/Giants/Rams
    Rest of NFC
    New England
    Rest of AFC

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

My Hate List would run as follows:

1. Packers (duh).
    2. Patriots
    3. Cowboys
    4. Eagles (their fans are the worst)
    5. Redskins (due to their owner and the annoying pig costumes)
    6. Bears
    7. Broncos (they hosed us a couple years back...)
    8. Lions

The thing is though I, grew up hating the Cowboys. I actually know a guy down here in Texas who was at some company motivational speech with Drew Pearson, and he went up to Pearson in the break and asked him if he pushed off vs. the Vikes in that playoff game, and his answer was "Of course I pushed off").

The main reason I dislike them now is not the same reason as back then. Back then it was the "America's Team" thing and the rivalry itself. Now it is more the fact that their fans are so fair weather (even Staubach said that) and sometimes can be very annoying. Also, there are just too many of their fans who go to games to fight. I have met COWBOYS fans who almost got in fights at the game, or instance, for not wearing enough white and silver, and wearing a shirt that sort of was the other team's color. Even though the guy had his kids with him and stated that his green shirt did not mean he was an Eagles fan, he still almost had to fight his way out of the restrooms (AGAINST HIS OWN FANS, AT HOME !!). I don't see that happening at a Vikings game.

On top of that, all the jerks, head cases, ego-maniacs, and near-criminals they have had and continue to go after: T.O., Deon Sanders, now Pac-Man Jones, etc, etc. etc.

BTW, the Cowboys in the early 1990s had their own villa called the "White House". It was owned by the players and was ONLY for partying. They allegedly hired some women as "greeters" (I am being diplomatic here), and there were allegedly drugs and booze and it was totally out of control.

On top of that, their ridiculous owner/GM. How many NFL teams have a "Owner/GM" ?? Answer: three: the Bengals, Cowboys, and Raiders, and all three are dysfunctional teams.

How many teams in the NFL would hire Pac Man Jones right now ???? how many NFL teams are willing to take a chance in the MODERN NFL on a guy like that ? How many teams would hire the guy who disrespected them by dancing on their holy "star" at the 50 yard line ? They just seem to have no self-respect to me.

The Cowboys, before the salary cap was introduced in the mid-1990s, could just buy their way to the Super Bowl. Imagine if there were no salary cap: the Cowboys would be loaded with the top talent from around the NFL. Since 1995, they have been very pathetic, because they have had to compete on talent, and not by throwing money at the problem like Paris Hilton would. Their genius "GM" (Jerry Jones) has instituted a virtual merry-go-round of coaches, from Chan Gailey, to Campo, to Wade Phillips. It really is kind of a joke.
    And they seem - unlike other NFL teams - to not care about the "character issue". Jones seems willing to hire almost any player, regardless of character or "baggage".

Did I mention their horrific tackling in the playoffs in 2007 ?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"StillPurple" wrote:
    My Hate List would run as follows:

1. Packers (duh).
    2. Patriots
    3. Cowboys
    4. Eagles (their fans are the worst)
    5. Redskins (due to their owner and the annoying pig costumes)
    6. Bears
    7. Broncos (they hosed us a couple years back...)
    8. Lions

The thing is though I, grew up hating the Cowboys. I actually know a guy down here in Texas who was at some company motivational speech with Drew Pearson, and he went up to Pearson in the break and asked him if he pushed off vs. the Vikes in that playoff game, and his answer was "Of course I pushed off").
    I grew up "hating" (but respecting) the Bears.
    In the 70s, they were the main competition in the NFC Central for the Vikes - not the Packers with their succession of forgettable Bart Starr wannabes or the Lions with...um....no one?

Drew Pearson pushed off a woman in the elevator at work this morning.
    And I "hate" him for it.

I dunno.
    The Vikings play the Cowboys every now and then, as opposed to the NFC North teams every year, twice a year.
    I like to keep my "hate" focused.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123