Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Cowboys Hate Thread

I don't give a fuck about the Cowboys.

My dad didn't give a fuck about the Cowboys.

My grandfather didn't give a fuck about the Cowboys.

I'm 3rd generation don't give a fuck.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I hate them just because every other Vikes fan does

And cuz I don't like any other team

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Jesus, how could I have overlooked "Brokeback Mountain" as a means to get at the Cowboys ?

I must be falling off....
    ;D

Will use, however, in future. God, this will be sweet.

I can't wait...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Schutz" wrote:
    Wahh Wahhh Wahhh, somebody call the Wahhmbulance.
    I can justify my hate of the Yankees because they have a payroll 3 or 4 times the payroll of my Twins.
    But the cowboys have won games by talent and management, not an unlimited budget.
    I love how people hate on the Cowboys yet deep down they just wish they had a team ran as well as the Cowboys over the decades.
    Regarding the Yankee hate, you might want to climb aboard the Wahhmbulance yourself.
    The main reason that your Twins' payroll is so low is that your team has a tightwad owner.
    He is over four times as wealthy as George Steinbrenner, yet George puts his money where his mouth is.
    Carl Pohlad is the wealthiest owner in MLB and he would rather let players go then pay them what they are worth.
    You need to transfer your hatred to the only person who is holding your Twins back - Carl Pohlad.

It figures that you would defend the Cowturds, since you also have defended the Patriots as well.
    What you fail to understand is that it isn't the team that is offensive to most, it's the fan base.
    The Dallas fan base has long been overly arrogant and until only recently when the Putzie fan base surpassed them in obnoxiousness, the Cowturd held the title of most aggravating fans in the NFL.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

SiniSSter is offline Rookie

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    I can justify my hate of the Yankees because they have a payroll 3 or 4 times the payroll of my Twins.
    But the cowboys have won games by talent and management, not an unlimited budget.
    I love how people hate on the Cowboys yet deep down they just wish they had a team ran as well as the Cowboys over the decades.
    Regarding the Yankee hate, you might want to climb aboard the Wahhmbulance yourself.
    The main reason that your Twins' payroll is so low is that your team has a tightwad owner.
    He is over four times as wealthy as George Steinbrenner, yet George puts his money where his mouth is.
    Carl Pohlad is the wealthiest owner in MLB and he would rather let players go then pay them what they are worth.
    You need to transfer your hatred to the only person who is holding your Twins back - Carl Pohlad.

It figures that you would defend the Cowturds, since you also have defended the Patriots as well.
    What you fail to understand is that it isn't the team that is offensive to most, it's the fan base.
    The Dallas fan base has long been overly arrogant and until only recently when the Putzie fan base surpassed them in obnoxiousness, the Cowturd held the title of most aggravating fans in the NFL.
    exactly why i hate the yankees. i respect their history and some of their current players, but 80% of the people you see wearing a yankees hat here wouldnt be able to tell you who their 2nd basemen is.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

JMHO

lol, double edged sword.....if I had everything I wanted?
    But, I like the Twins for their underdog quality.
    I mean this as a compliment, it serves the state of MN well.
    The Twins are MN in a way.
    The players that do well for the Twins give 110%.
    It is way too easy to take things out on Carl for being a tightwad (same goes for Dr.Evil Steinbrenner for spending), but I would hate for Carl to ruin the Twins.
    Apples and Oranges fellas!

Modesty = Twins!

Cajun, I agree, we shouldn't vilify
    George for spending money.

Back to the Cowboys, the reason we hate them is for one, they are a good team.
    We tend to dislike the teams that kick other's behinds.
    Rivalry!

I can see disliking Jones for what he represents by taking on all the troubled athletes and showboaters to field a winning team.
    To some extent, I can also see this argument applying to George also.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"SiniSSter" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:

exactly why i hate the yankees. i respect their history and some of their current players, but 80% of the people you see wearing a yankees hat here wouldnt be able to tell you who their 2nd basemen is.
    80%????
    Just a little bit of an exaggeration, methinks.
    I'm willing to bet that the percentages are about the same across the board.
    What I was talking about is the people who run their mouths only when their team is winning.
    I lived in Dallas for three years (fortunately, it was the 1-15, 7-9 and the year that they got run over by Barry Sanders in the playoffs).
    All Dallas fans could do during that time was whine and hide in the closet. Then, when they made their Super Bowl run (thanks, butthole Mike Lynn), you couldn't shut them up.
    Same for the New England fans now.
    At least Colts and Giants fans have been much more palatable by comparison in the past couple of years.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

SiniSSter is offline Rookie

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "SiniSSter" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:

80%????
    Just a little bit of an exaggeration, methinks.
    I'm willing to bet that the percentages are about the same across the board.
    What I was talking about is the people who run their mouths only when their team is winning.
    I lived in Dallas for three years (fortunately, it was the 1-15, 7-9 and the year that they got run over by Barry Sanders in the playoffs).
    All Dallas fans could do during that time was whine and hide in the closet. Then, when they made their Super Bowl run (thanks, butthole Mike Lynn), you couldn't shut them up.
    Same for the New England fans now.
    At least Colts and Giants fans have been much more palatable by comparison in the past couple of years.
    maybe a lil
    :-X ...ok probably a lot.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

i fucking hate the cowboys
    [youtube=425,350]21KLynZRnc4[/youtube]

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:

Yes Polad is cheap, but the Twins still have fielded dang good teams that I have enjoyed watching much more than if we just hired a bunch of old overpriced mercenaries in need of their final paychecks.
    I hate George Steinbrenner BECAUSE he thinks he can buy championships, not because Polad isn't out wasting money on the same thing.
    The Yankees use to be a good club, they used to have good 25 dollar tickets in 97 that are now 250, they used to have a moderately priced team that won world series like true champions, then Steinbrenner turned into an idiot and got his payroll over 200 million, 200 MILLION!!!!!

Please tell me how many championships the Yankees have won since they started paying ridiculous salaries?
    None, that's what I thought.
    All the Yankees have accomplished is causing mid market teams to be priced out of superstars.

As for Polad I would love to see him open up a little more, but I don't blame him for wanting to make a profit and not just sink money he'll never see again into the twins, we play in Minnesota not New York remember?

So I don't want you to hear what I'm saying wrong or transfer your silly hate for the Patriots over to this topic, because I used to love the Yankees back then they were more about playing baseball than Steinbrenner buying championships.

Yankees Payroll in 1997 59 Million and a championship
    Yankees Payroll in 2005 208 Million and not a championship in sight

By the way in 97 the second highest payroll was the Baltimore Orioles

As for the Cowboys thing, like I said successful team that hasn't quadrupled their payroll in the last 10 years.
    As for the fans, they may irritate at times and seem so bad from our side, but I don't know if you guys have listened to some of the yahoos on this sight but I don't think we should be so harsh of what other teams fans are about.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast