Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cowboys

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Cowboys

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "vikes can do" wrote:
    f*ck those cowgirls!!!! i hate those bastards. they are like the old fudgepackers. and san fran. and miami,oak,pitt.lol and the skins, cant leave them out. and the rams, them either. damn, i dont like anybody but the vikes!!!!! lol
    No one is asking you to like them. If you don't want to hear about the General NFL topics, go back to the forum.

From what I have seen of their RB, they may be someone we seriously will be watching next year. If Parcell stays, he will rectify that D this off season. They may come back strong next year.
    sorry snow........did it again, lol. in all seriousness the cowboys have a tough couple of games which should make it hard for them to make it. but the bunching of teams with losing records with a legitimate shot....who knows. and that julius jones is a beast so far. as far as next year...who knows what magic parcells will work in the draft.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Cowboys

My buddy and I have dubbed Parcells with the nickname Marsupial Pouch Man.

This is in reference to the front butt, he likes to display similar to an old lady.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Cowboys

"JDogg926" wrote:
    My buddy and I have dubbed Parcells with the nickname Marsupial Pouch Man.

This is in reference to the front butt, he likes to display similar to an old lady.
    He is an odd looking man, but a damn good coach.

Him and Holmgren not looking too healthy. Actually Parcells looks better than he did at one time a few years back.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Cowboys

"snowinapril" wrote:
    When I saw JJ, his size reminds me of Emmitt. It was almost like the wanted another Emmitt. Big JJ must have an affinity for the smaller backs or something.

I was surprised also about Jackson being passed over. I was watching the draft when that happened. I remember the anouncers really making a deal about it too.

I do think JJ might be just a little bit quicker than SJ on his burst. I have watched SJ a few times this season and maybe it is just his running style, which can be deceiving, that I couldn't see the burst as well. SJ does seem like the back that will bull people over with his size though.
    Emmitt's size is the prototype for today's stud backs: 5'8' to 5' 10", 205 to 225 pounds, decent speed, good moves, ability to run between the tackles, ability to break tackles, decent catching out of the backfield, good work ethic. If JJ is anything like Emmitt, the 'Boys can ride him for the next 10 years. If Onterrio can evolve into that type of back, the Vikes will also have someone to ride for the next several years. All offenses need this type of back...a ground eater and clock eater who grinds out games for them once they get a lead...I have screamed for years for the Vikes to acquire a stud back, and all we got was Herschel (not quite the prototype) Walker. I think that SJ is too big and will never be the type of back that Emmitt, Payton or Sanders were (to name a few).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Cowboys

Devil's advocate....
    here's a list of a few backs that are all bigger than your specs....
    Edgerrin James
    Jamal Lewis
    Ahman Green
    Willis McGahee
    Corey Dillon
    Stephen Davis
    Jerome Bettis

Hard to discredit most of those guys and the numbers they put up compared to most of the smaller backs.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Cowboys

I'm biased... I've seen every game SJ has played since his FR year of college. His combine 40 vs JJ's were
    SJ 4.55
    JJ 4.54

Cowboys

"jackyl" wrote:
    Devil's advocate....
    here's a list of a few backs that are all bigger than your specs....
    Edgerrin James
    Jamal Lewis
    Ahman Green
    Willis McGahee
    Corey Dillon
    Stephen Davis
    Jerome Bettis

Hard to discredit most of those guys and the numbers they put up compared to most of the smaller backs.
    But how many of them are over 6'...and how many are "all-time" greats...only Bettis, so far...maybe James is included. The others still have to put up more career yardage to catch up to the "smaller" backs. Jim Brown, OJ Simpson, and Eric Dickerson are also exceptions to my rule, but as a general rule the shorter, stockier backs are usually more durable (less surface area to hit, lower center of gravity, lower running profile) so in my mind they are more of a prototype.

Cowboys

I am saying all of this even though Dickerson is one of my all-time favorites...so I do respect the skills of the "larger" backs...Sanders is still the greatest though.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Cowboys

They would have to win out and get some help, so no

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Cowboys

Flying to Big D tomorrow for the weekend...gotta pick on some Cowgurl fans...LOL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12