Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Cover 2 disected

In the Tampa 2 you also need to have CB's that can bump the receiver at the line, this helps take away some of the deep threat exposure.

I think Smoot will love this, especially knowing he has safety help over the top. Also, I am not really comfortable with EJ at Mike. I actaully think Napo would fit in better there... although my first choice would be to bring in someone in free agency.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Good read Del. Thanks for writing that.

Thanks Josdin

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I'm just anxious to see what they come out with next season, if our D is even a little better than they where this year....We will all be smiling...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Is anyone else hoping that Dontarrious can step it up big time next year, and maybe start at WLB?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Is anyone else hoping that Dontarrious can step it up big time next year, and maybe start at WLB?
    I'm sure hoping...but I wouldn't count on it.

All the time I watch him, he always seems to be out of position, or missing tackles - I haven't seen one really good game with him yet.

I would feel much more confident if we drafted another linebacker to take his spot like Greenway. I think DT is a good enough player and solid enough to contribute, but I'm not sure he's good enough to be a starter.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    In the Tampa 2 you also need to have CB's that can bump the receiver at the line, this helps take away some of the deep threat exposure.
    We don't bump at all IMO

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    We don't bump at all IMO

Not at all...I'd like to see Griffin chuck the receiver to throw him off his route and mess up the timing. It would also force him to play on the receiver and maybe break up a pass now and then.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    We don't bump at all IMO

Not at all...I'd like to see Griffin chuck the receiver to throw him off his route and mess up the timing. It would also force him to play on the receiver and maybe break up a pass now and then.
    Oh I'm not so sure on that.

I don't actually see what happens at the snap (and it applies to all of you watching on TV as well) but I have seen both Griff and Whinny playing up tight alot more this year than they did last year.

Are they "Chucking" the WR's?
    Again, I am not sure, however, the cushion that they typically give isn't there when they do it.

Said it before and I will say it again, I really think that we are tipping our hand to early on the defensive side of the ball.
    Watch close, when the CB's are up on the line, 90% (pulled that out of my jiggly butt) we will be sending two LB's and they both will be showing the gap they are gonna hit.

The other 10% (again, out of my jiggly butt) the LB's show but then backout.

Edit:
    By the way, love the original post Del.
    Oldy but a goodie.
    If your time allows, you need to do some more like this.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I disagree. That EJ Henderson guy is going to make a HORRIBLE MLB in the Tampa 2. We need to cut him and start Napoleon Harris or Dontarrious Thomas, or maybe pick up Julian Peterson or Mike Peterson in FA.

Chilly is going to be great!
    Hooray for Daunte!

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    We don't bump at all IMO

Oh I'm not so sure on that.

I don't actually see what happens at the snap (and it applies to all of you watching on TV as well) but I have seen both Griff and Whinny playing up tight alot more this year than they did last year.

Are they "Chucking" the WR's?
    Again, I am not sure, however, the cushion that they typically give isn't there when they do it.

Said it before and I will say it again, I really think that we are tipping our hand to early on the defensive side of the ball.
    Watch close, when the CB's are up on the line, 90% (pulled that out of my jiggly butt) we will be sending two LB's and they both will be showing the gap they are gonna hit.

The other 10% (again, out of my jiggly butt) the LB's show but then backout.

Edit:
    By the way, love the original post Del.
    Oldy but a goodie.
    If your time allows, you need to do some more like this.

;D
    I agree, I've seen Winny and Griff at the line a LOT more this year.
    Now they aren't there 100% of the time or playing man to man nearly as much as say the GB Packers, but you can see that their confidence in Griff has gone up enough to let him get up to the line at the risk of occasionally getting burned.

I think the big issue is the loss of EJ personally.
    Our D was stellar the first several games of the year.
    Losing someone as critical to the defense we run as our starting MLB is going to be a big blow.
    Few defenses can plug and play someone into that sort of role.
    It's like expecting Cassel to run the Patriot's O just as effectively as Brady.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast