Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Frostbite is offline Coach

The Cost of SB Tickets

Well...Just heard that the average price per ticket is up to $4,300.00. Some are going as high as $19,000.00 per ticket.

Of course these originally were in the $700.00-$900.00 range.

It boggles the mind and reminds me of the old P.T. Barnum quote "There's a Sucker Born Every Minute".

How much would you be willing to pay for a seat? Would it matter more if your team was playing? What about if the game was closer to your area or even in your own fan stadium?

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: The Cost of SB Tickets

"Frostbite" wrote:
    Well...Just heard that the average price per ticket is up to $4,300.00. Some are going as high as $19,000.00 per ticket.

It boggles the mind and reminds me of the old P.T. Barnum quote "There's a Sucker Born Every Minute".

How much would you be willing to pay for a seat? Would it matter more if your team was playing? What about if the game was closer to your area or even in your own fan stadium?

Cheers!
    $200 for a nose bleed and $500 for a lower level, if the vikings are playing.
    This will be my first year buying season tickets so hopefully the vikings go, if I win the opportunity to buy tickets I will sell the tickets and go on vacation(possibly to the area of the superbowl) and watch the game on tv. Would be a easy way to make a couple thousand dollars.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If you are referring to this report from ESPN then the price reported is a little misleading.

The article was very unclear, but the $4300 average price is for a pair of tickets, or $2150 a piece.
    I know because i have been watching the ticket brokers very closely to see what I am missing out on by not selling my tickets.
    Still a pretty high markup over the $700 or $900 single ticket price though.

If the Vikings were in it, I could see myself paying $5k for a pair of seats...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!
    This will be my first year buying season tickets so hopefully the vikings go, if I win the opportunity to buy tickets I will sell the tickets and go on vacation(possibly to the area of the superbowl) and watch the game on tv. Would be a easy way to make a couple thousand dollars.
    That isn't even face value of the tickets.
    Face value of the tickets, form the NFL, is $700 or $900.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

The report I heard (Could have been wrong?) Said individual tickets were now going for $4300.00 Nodak (On Average). That seemed high to me as well from the ESPN report you supplied the link on (Thanks BTW)

They also reported a few sales (More than one) were made for $19,000,00 ea.

This was on our local news out here in CA.

Cheers!

Blog Entries

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

The report I heard (Could have been wrong?) Said individual tickets were now going for $4300.00 Nodak (On Average). That seemed high to me as well from the ESPN report you supplied the link on (Thanks BTW)

Cheers!
    Yeah, I heard a similar report on KFAN this morning, so I went to look it up.
    There aren't any single tickets being sold, and if you look at stub hub the prices reported are all in pairs.

A lot of the ~$20k sales I would have to think are package deals, including hotel and stuff.
    There are a lot of those going around too.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!
    I just reread this part and caught that!
    Awesome!
    You'll have to let us know where you seats are when you find out!
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

Cheers!
    Yeah, I heard a similar report on KFAN this morning, so I went to look it up.
    There aren't any single tickets being sold, and if you look at stub hub the prices reported are all in pairs.

A lot of the ~$20k sales I would have to think are package deals, including hotel and stuff.
    There are a lot of those going around too.

Well....In either case the most I would pay (EVER) and this only if the Vikings were playing would be $1000.00. Honestly...I would feel cheated paying that, but it would do it.

Congrats again on your Tickets Nodak....Good Luck with that!

Cheers!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

It's only money. just pay it and shut up

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    It's only money. just pay it and shut up
    You pay it, I will never be attending a superbowl unless I become super rich or get a job selling hotdogs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast