Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Cop prevented RB from being with dying relative

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    the cop is a pric*k and should be fired....that's all there is to it.
    I wish I could stick up for every law enforcement officer but in this situation he's being a little to anal and by the book.
    I knew you had a heart.
    I always did.
    The officer got caught up in the " this guy isn't getting over on me" and "the application of law is more important then anything else" bit.
    It's happened to me before and many other police.
    Fortunately not to this degree.
    He should be fired or at the very minimum retrained.
    But who knows....maybe he was a good guy and decided to be a prick for 20 mins.

I'm just astonished about how much radio play this is getting over the multiple people celebrating the death of 4 Oakland cops...and calling the career criminal (and DNA proven rapist by the way) a hero.
    But that's my country I guess....you gotta love it.
    Oakland police are some of the most corrupt in the nation. I'm sure a good number are criminals themselves, and that doesn't exclude rape. The police in "your country" abuse the law no matter what city, and sooner or later people are going to snap. I bet you'll be the first guy giving his guns over to the civilian military. "Take them! I love my country!"
    And what proof do you have that Oakland police are corrupt?
    Read through the rest of this thread before making stupid global statements like The police in "your country" abuse the law no matter what city.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    I wish I could stick up for every law enforcement officer but in this situation he's being a little to anal and by the book.
    I knew you had a heart.
    I always did.
    The officer got caught up in the " this guy isn't getting over on me" and "the application of law is more important then anything else" bit.

I'm just astonished about how much radio play this is getting over the multiple people celebrating the death of 4 Oakland cops...and calling the career criminal (and DNA proven rapist by the way) a hero.
    Oakland police are some of the most corrupt in the nation. I'm sure a good number are criminals themselves, and that doesn't exclude rape. The police in "your country" abuse the law no matter what city, and sooner or later people are going to snap. I bet you'll be the first guy giving his guns over to the civilian military. "Take them! I love my country!"
    And what proof do you have that Oakland police are corrupt?
    Read through the rest of this thread before making stupid global statements like The police in "your country" abuse the law no matter what city.
    Like I said it's a smaller % of cops that give the rest a bad name.
    That and a lot of why people don't like them is dictated from higher up than what the officers have control over.
    I've seen many times the numbers that when tax revenues are down tickets issued go up.
    It also varies from department to department, my hometown police are some good guys but driving to visit my grandparents I drive through a town that I've been pulled over multiple times for improper left turn and things of that sort.

That aside It's just easier to not get into a big police argument and just agree there are individuals out their no matter what their position is that abuse their power.
    This dumbass was one of them.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    I knew you had a heart.
    I always did.

ignorance at it's finest...and no I have never met a corrupt cop and I've worked the ghetto for 13 years.
    But according to your logic then the 4 Oakland cops deserved to die.
    You knowing nothing about them individually and have lumped them with the worst kind of people.
    Total 100% ignorance.
    I guess it's cool for me to say a good number of people whom reside in a certain place are criminals without even knowing them.
    By the way the rapist "snapped" because he was a career criminal who didn't want to go back to jail.
    Your attitude is why I shy away from pro-active police work and many other cops do the same.
    My only function till I retire is to help people in need and who want police help.
    The days of looking for trouble are coming to an end because of people just like you and your hatred towards police.
    And I'll never hand any weapon I own to any authority unless I'm required by law.
    Go get yourself a labatomy.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    this cop should be fired and rot in the underworld.

he costed ryan moats the last chance to see his dieing mom in law.

and if you listen to the video. the cop threatens to screw him over.

there are times when you have to do what you gotta do to get things done. and this is one of these cases. his mom in law was dieing. and yet that cop had to be a prick. how does he even still have a job after that?

and if you do watch that video. doesnt he seem kind of racist to you also?
    He was a slick willy and acted pretty stupid, however, lets not lump all of our policemen in with this guy.

Most will do the right thing, even when confronted with a situation that dictates the follow the book.
    More cops are power-hungry meatheads than not...

Pretty much the mafia with a badge.
    To qualify my response, please remember that I was a cop for several years.
    Which is why I take offense when somebody spews this kind of stupid, ignorant, self serving shit like this.
    It is ever worse when it is an intelligent person doing it.

The vast majority of cops are good cops.
    They aren't in it because they are power hungry.
    They aren't mafia or bullies.
    But just like every other job in the world there are some bad ones - the ones who are in it for all the wrong reasons.
    Maybe with police officers there is a larger proportion of people drawn in because of the associated power, but the fact still remains that the bad apples are a small minority.

To make a statement like "More cops are power-hungry meatheads than not... " is incredibly ignorant.
    And to back it up with "90% of my interactions with police are bad" is just as ignorant.
    Many people form a poor opinion of police officers because the interaction that they have with the police tend to be negative, and they automatically externalize the blame on the cop.
    Especially if they have a negative view of cops to begin with.
    Then of course the cop was just being a prick for pulling them over - it had nothing to do with the fact that they were breaking the law at the time...

I can't even count the number of times I wrote someone a speeding ticket was accused of being racist, a bigot, sexist, a prick, gay (still don't know what that would have to do with anything), etc.
    In all reality, if I wrote someone a speeding ticket it was because they were, well, speeding.
    Yet the general public would complain and wonder why I wasn't out there going after "real" criminals.
    Here's a news flash - cops in different divisions have different responsibilities.
    Officers on patrol have a primary responsibility of responding to emergency dispatches, but have several secondary responsibilities, including traffic enforcement.
    Just because we stop you for driving 40 in a 25 mph school zone doesn't mean that the city is letting the crack dealers and child molesters go unhindered...

Most cops don't pull people over because they are bored, or have to meet a quota, or whatever.
    Truth be told, once we shake off the rookie mentality, many cops are loath to pull someone over unless we are fishing for a stronger offense.
    I would pull someone over for rolling a stop sign all the time - especially at 3:00 am on a Saturday morning.
    But let's face it, the stop sign was the least of my concerns, and if nothing else was wrong I don't think I ever ticketed for it.

Bottom line, don't use a very small sample to judge the entire population.
    C Mac, I seriously expect better from you.
    You have said some things in the past that I have disagreed with, but I have always viewed your posts with respect.
    There has never been a time when I had less respect for you than right now.
    That is soo true. My wife works nights and gets pulled over literally a dozen times a year for bullshit traffic stops. (and NEVER has received a ticket for anything). Most common excuses for them pulling her over range from license plate light out, swerving (supposedly), not turning off her brights in the appropriate amount of time (again, supposedly), and speeding.

I "get" why they do it, (looking for drunk drivers), but damn it's a pain in her ass when she works 'till 2am and has an hour drive home. It's a gray area, she gets annoyed with what feels like harassment, but on the other hand, she's never gotten a ticket, much less a written warning.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

The police officer who detained Houston Texans running back Ryan Moats while his mother-in-law was dying had a previous run-in with an NFL player's family, the Dallas Morning News reported Sunday.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/29943472/

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

[size=12pt]Officer apologizes after delaying Texans' Moats as mother-in-law died[/size]

Associated Press

DALLAS -- A Dallas police officer who drew his gun after pulling over an NFL player rushing to a hospital to see his dying mother-in-law apologized Friday for his actions.

The statement from officer Robert Powell was released through his attorneys and referred to his March 18 traffic stop of Houston Texans running back Ryan Moats in a hospital parking lot.

"I wish to publicly and sincerely apologize to the Moats family, my colleagues in the Dallas Police Department and to all those who have been rightfully angered by my actions," Powell said in the statement. "After stopping Mr. Moats' vehicle, I showed poor judgment and insensitivity to Mr. Moats and his family by my words and actions."

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Most of the Dallas PD is defending him right now

WOWWW

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

"V4L" wrote:

WOWWW
    Cops are making me look smarter every day.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Blog Entries

"V4L" wrote:

WOWWW
    Did that change?
    Most of them were criticizing him and distancing themselves from him just a couple of days ago.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

WOWWW
    Cops are making me look smarter every day.
    Well it's easy when you have nowhere to go but up...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast