Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Comcast reaches deal with NFL Network

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    No comment Z
    Is that a question?

I don't have Comcast.
    I thought you were one that was upset with NFLN for being to high priced in this fight.

This means good news for other cable companies finally getting the NFLN also.

Did your cable company already get a deal with NFLN?
    Yes, I'm the one who believes the arrogant NFL should not force all customers to pay for their niche channel.

And, no, my cable company (Charter) does not have NFLN at this point.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    No comment Z
    Is that a question?

I don't have Comcast.
    I thought you were one that was upset with NFLN for being to high priced in this fight.

Question, if Comcast does get to add the NFLN to it's list of channels, will they also be offering a package for NFL Games, so their customers can actually watch live games of their choice?

Like I already get with Direct TV
    Satelite service.....
    No, this will not mean that.
    Only 2 things will be added:

* The NFLN channel

* The Sunday channel that cuts to games to show scoring drives (forget what it is called)

NFL Sunday Ticket (the thing to which you refer) is exclusive on DirecTV.
    They signed a contract extension either late last year or early this year, keeping it solely on DirecTV.

=Z=

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    No comment Z
    Is that a question?

I don't have Comcast.

Question, if Comcast does get to add the NFLN to it's list of channels, will they also be offering a package for NFL Games, so their customers can actually watch live games of their choice?

Like I already get with Direct TV
    Satelite service.....
    No, this will not mean that.
    Only 2 things will be added:

* The NFLN channel

* The Sunday channel that cuts to games to show scoring drives (forget what it is called)

NFL Sunday Ticket (the thing to which you refer) is exclusive on DirecTV.
    They signed a contract extension either late last year or early this year, keeping it solely on DirecTV.

=Z=
    think it's called redzone

Thanks josdin00

Your right, it is called RedZone, however, as pointed out in the Tribune this morning there are sticky points with that also.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/

The RedZone Channel already is part of the DirecTV “Sunday Ticket” package and shows live look-ins at games each Sunday. As part of this agreement, the NFL also was working on two-year contract extensions of its deals with CBS and Fox. Those networks would be impacted by Comcast customers getting the RedZone Channel because it potentially could take viewers away from their games.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The redzone is a Fantasy Football world creation for the people that want to see only score.
    Personally, I get it for my team only, the Vikes.

Yes, it is part of the Sunday Ticket which Z so nicely pointed out is an exclusive to DirecTV (DTV).

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

This is just toooooooooooo funny. I have battled for 3 years with this miserable cable provider, ALWAYS got nothing but poor customer service and bad attitude. I was just wired 2 days ago with Verizon Fios and after a VERY LONG 3 years, I can finally watch my NFL network, and A few other channels they took from me when they took over in my area. Even when I told them I was looking to dump them for Fios, they didn't even try to keep me as a customer. No joke, I was told by the office,"good luck, let us know how you make out wth that".
    ;D ;D ;D

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

"Webby" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I saw on CNBC that the deal was done for 40-45 cents per subscriber.

That is almost half of the 70 cents that they wanted.

I see the TV going to internet based anyway, pay as you go, so the NFLN might as well get what they can now for their product.
    Just a thought!

Your cable bill is finding a way to add that 40-45 cents into it while we speak.
    LOL
    LOL, yeah.

Hey we got the NFLN for y'all!

(sound of cha ching in the background as the cable bill rolls out with a mysterious new $5 month increase)
    I have comcast and am already paying an extra $7.00 a month for it... well technically for the sports package, but the only reason I have the sports package is for NFLN and every great once in a while I watch the speed channel.

I was shopping new cable companies because I like NFLN... but now I can just stick with the over priced cable tv I already have.

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

I see the TV going to internet based anyway, pay as you go, so the NFLN might as well get what they can now for their product.
    Just a thought!

Your cable bill is finding a way to add that 40-45 cents into it while we speak.
    LOL
    LOL, yeah.

(sound of cha ching in the background as the cable bill rolls out with a mysterious new $5 month increase)
    I have comcast and am already paying an extra $7.00 a month for it... well technically for the sports package, but the only reason I have the sports package is for NFLN and every great once in a while I watch the speed channel.

I was shopping new cable companies because I like NFLN... but now I can just stick with the over priced cable tv I already have.
    You can't "shop" new cable companies without moving.
    Cable companies enjoy a monopoly in a certain market.
    If you want cable, you deal with the company that has an agreement with the local municipality and only them.

=Z=

"Zeus" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Just a thought!

LOL
    LOL, yeah.

You can't "shop" new cable companies without moving.
    Cable companies enjoy a monopoly in a certain market.
    If you want cable, you deal with the company that has an agreement with the local municipality and only them.

=Z=
    Kinda sorta, in some areas now, local government
    has been inviting other cable providers in because of the call of the people. In my area, we've had what I consider to be the worst of those companies, Comcast, and now we also have Verizon Fios. Choice can be a great thing.

AHHHHHHH!!! The shackles that bound me are finally off and I now have complete cable veiwing freedom! Turned in my cable boxes and remotes to Comcast,paid my balance off, and am so happy I could sh*t myself! thank God for choice. Hello NFL Network, BigTen Network, Boomerang (I am still 12 right?), ESPNU, and Great American Country channel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast