Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Colts pushing for a change in rookie contracts

They should just cap rookie contracts as well as their length (make them shorter so the good rookies can cash in on FA earlier).

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    I myself believe that rookies are extremely overpaid
    the should get rich deals, but very little should be guarenteed, most of it should be based on what the person does ON THE FIELD, look at jamarcus russell and brady quinn, making multi millions on the bench, its just not fair to the rest of the players in the NFL.
    True, but it's not Russell's or Quinn's fault they are benched.
    Another reason you can't punish rookies for the teams decisions.
    but still, you are paying unproven players millions of dollars and if they dont pan out its hurts the team extremely, he has a really good point
    But the teams are making that choice.
    Other times(adrian peterson) the player over achieves and the team is actually underpaying them. It is up to the team to evaluate and decide who will be successful. Sure if they are wrong it hurts the team but that is just part of the game. The team decides what they are willing to spend and how the contract is written, if they don't like it they can trade the player or the draft pick.
    I think their should be a limit on how much a team can guarentee a back-up tight end who has never produced. ;D
    like what i said before, for players like AD or Patrick Willis, the would have made alot cause of incentives in their contract, it would be a smart thing to do, just dont guarentee so much money in their original contract.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    the should get rich deals, but very little should be guarenteed, most of it should be based on what the person does ON THE FIELD, look at jamarcus russell and brady quinn, making multi millions on the bench, its just not fair to the rest of the players in the NFL.
    but still, you are paying unproven players millions of dollars and if they dont pan out its hurts the team extremely, he has a really good point
    Other times(adrian peterson) the player over achieves and the team is actually underpaying them. It is up to the team to evaluate and decide who will be successful. Sure if they are wrong it hurts the team but that is just part of the game. The team decides what they are willing to spend and how the contract is written, if they don't like it they can trade the player or the draft pick.
    I think their should be a limit on how much a team can guarentee a back-up tight end who has never produced. ;D
    Just to add to that, there should be a limit to how much a team can charge you for alcohol when your offense is as offensive as it has been the last few years ;D

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    Just to add to that, there should be a limit to how much a team can charge you for alcohol when your offense is as offensive as it has been the last few years ;D
    The Colts want to cap how much you can pay rookies and players who haven't done much, how about they limit how much they can charge for tickets when you have so many young and unproven people starting.
    Or maybe a rebate for watching a losing franchise?
    I pay alot for a ticket without knowing how the team will perform, so maybe I should pay less up front and then if they win I can pay a little extra.

Incentive based ticket prices!!!!!!

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

The problem isn't how much money rookies are making.
    The problem is the amount of money the top 15 or so draft picks make each year, with emphasis on the top 5.
    You guys who are saying these guys deserve the money they are getting, don't understand the how the system works.

When you suck as a team, like you are 1-15, you need a lot more help than 1 person on your team.
    By being in a position that pays a rookie who has never played a down $32M in guaranteed money, there is a pretty good chance that could cripple your team.

Using round numbers, Jarmarcus Russell's contract was a $60+M (total value of $68M i think, but lets use easy numbers here) for 6 years.
    Taking the average of that, say $10M a year, that is over 9% of last year's $109M (i think thats right) team Cap number.
    That is a rediculous amount to pay to 1 player who may or may not suck.
    Moveover, that is a retarded amount to pay someone who sits the fooking bench. Teams need to pay out a 53 man roster with the allotted CAP money.
    For ever dollar you pay someone, that is one less dollar you can pay someone else to improve your team.

The reality is that it is hurting the parity of the game.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

There is absolutely no reason the players picked in the top 5 of the the draft should be among the highest paid players at their position.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Give them a decent signing bonus and make the rest of the salary dependent on performance clauses...
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Finally, high picked rookies are rediculously overpaid...they're unproven at the professional level...they are overpayed big time.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    Give them a decent signing bonus and make the rest of the salary dependent on performance clauses...
    exactly.

damn greedy agents

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Its funny how some rookies make more than good players in the NFL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast