Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Colts Plan Reggie Wayne stays, Edgerrin James leaves!!!

"Prophet" wrote:
    Edge is my favorite RB. Would love to see him on the Vikes. I agree he's getting up there in RB age, but, like everything else, if the price is right...
    Well, i betta hes at least got a good 5 years left in him. Hes a good back..

Daunte Culpepper is older then he is!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    RB isnt a week area on this team? Just becuase we have "ok" RB's dosnt mean its not a week area. Its just as week as OL and LB IMO. You cant win games with ok average RB's who get hurt every other tackle. Last offseason we discussed going after alexander....tons of people on here said Alexander wont do this, wont do that, hes too old blah blah blah. If we dont atleast make a move at James we will regret it. He'll be in his 8th season.

Don't look at a RB's age or how many seasons he has been in the league, to judge what he may have left, look at his amount of touches/hits, that tells all. He has had a ton of touches in his career, as well as knee troubles. He just isn't worth breaking the bank over, not with the pressing needs we have at O-line and LB. If we weren't so weak at those areas, then it wouldn't be bad to look at him, but we have other areas we have to fix first.

Spend money on the O-line this offseason, and our RB will look less weak. We couldn't run the ball last year because of our O-line problems, more then our RB's. Sure, we don't have a feature RB, but we have RB's capable of doing the job, provided we give them some blocks. I don't care if we had alexander or james this last season, we would have struggled to run the ball with our O-line.

Fix the O-line and LB positions in FA first, only then would I look at RB's in FA and if not in FA, then the draft.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    If the price is reasonable, then I would welcome him to the Vikings organization with open arms!
    I am afraid the price would not be reasonable.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Ok Ok, as usual thier are the people on here who say we shouldnt sign James. But you watch and see what he does for either Indy or his new team next year, and take all this MeMo and Smith crap and throw it out the window. We will not reach the next level with MeMo.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Its is James' price that would worry me. If we had to sign him to a contract that paid him 7-8 million a year I would be happy, so long as it isn't for more than a few years. The last thing we need is a big contract on the books when he is way past him prime.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Ok Ok, as usual thier are the people on here who say we shouldnt sign James. But you watch and see what he does for either Indy or his new team next year, and take all this MeMo and Smith crap and throw it out the window. We will not reach the next level with MeMo.

It's not as easy as sign james or don't sign james. We have other areas of need before giving a huge contract to a RB that has had as many hits as he has. If we can fix the O-line and get a good LB in FA and then still sign him, then I wouldn't be totally against it, but I really see no chance of that happening. To be able to sign James, we are gonna have to have him as our #1 priority, which he should not be.

I agree with you that we will not reach the next level with MM, however making a guy like James our #1 priority and and giving him a ton of money IMO isn't the way about fixing the RB spot.

edlantis is offline Rookie

I agree, we should spend money on an offensive line. OL is key to a running game. There isn't a RB in the league who can survive without a decent front. Our OL was terrible last year.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Edgerin James has said over and over again that he does not like the cold weather and would like to go to a warm weather team so I doubt we will see him in minny.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

personally i think they need to get rid of james so they can afford to keep other guys and try to improve where they need to improve which is at quarterback.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

aceclown is offline Coach

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    personally i think they need to get rid of james so they can afford to keep other guys and try to improve where they need to improve which is at quarterback.
    is that supposed to be funny?

Chuch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast