Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: Colts Lock Up Wayne For Nearly 40 Million

"tjohnson" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    Whatever Manning wants, he gets. Wow!
    If that is true then the Edge aint leaving Indy, Manning has said it a few times in interviews that he wants to see Edge's contract figured out so he is on the team. Peyton has even said Edge is his best friend on the field and he has saved his behind so many times on the field he has total trust with him in the backfield.

Seems like an awful lot to pay for a receiver, especially when you have Manning as your QB. He made Brandon Stokely (albeit a very solid NFL player but by no stretch an elite receiver) look like vintage Jerry Rice running those slant patterns in 2004-05
    Oh yeah i forgot the reciever has nothing to do with it when manning is on the field. Its the recievers job to run the routes right and get to the ball when need be. I just dont get how people think that it is the quarterback who makes the recievers look good, ever think that the recievers make the quarterbacks look good?

Harrison, Wayne and stokely are all very good recievers they just happen to have peyton throwing them the ball.

I'm not saying they're not good receivers, I'm just saying that every WR in the NFL can catch balls and run routes. Manning inflates any receivers stats b/c he's that good. Would Wayne put up the same stats if he didn't line up opposite Harrison and instead had Jim Sorgi throwing him the ball?
    Thats not true.. Not all receivers are good. Whatever happen to JJ Stokes!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

"Vikes" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    Whatever Manning wants, he gets. Wow!
    If that is true then the Edge aint leaving Indy, Manning has said it a few times in interviews that he wants to see Edge's contract figured out so he is on the team. Peyton has even said Edge is his best friend on the field and he has saved his behind so many times on the field he has total trust with him in the backfield.

Seems like an awful lot to pay for a receiver, especially when you have Manning as your QB. He made Brandon Stokely (albeit a very solid NFL player but by no stretch an elite receiver) look like vintage Jerry Rice running those slant patterns in 2004-05
    Oh yeah i forgot the reciever has nothing to do with it when manning is on the field. Its the recievers job to run the routes right and get to the ball when need be. I just dont get how people think that it is the quarterback who makes the recievers look good, ever think that the recievers make the quarterbacks look good?

Harrison, Wayne and stokely are all very good recievers they just happen to have peyton throwing them the ball.

I'm not saying they're not good receivers, I'm just saying that every WR in the NFL can catch balls and run routes. Manning inflates any receivers stats b/c he's that good. Would Wayne put up the same stats if he didn't line up opposite Harrison and instead had Jim Sorgi throwing him the ball?
    Thats not true.. Not all receivers are good. Whatever happen to JJ Stokes!
    I didn't say all recivers were good. I said all receivers in the NFL have the pass catching and route running ability. However, not all receivers have a square head on their shoulders, a passion for the game and the whole other array of intangibles that are necessary for a prolonged tenure in the League. Stokes and many like him just didn't have what it took mentally to hang in there, but its obvious their physical skills took them pretty far.

How do ya like them apples?!

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Stokes and many like him just didn't have what it took mentally to hang in there, but its obvious their physical skills took them pretty far.
    How in the heck would you know? You Must be friends with the guy since you know his mentallity level. Otherwise how can you even make that assumption?

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Good discussion TJonhson. I just disagree with you. I think the Colts have 3 very good receivers.

In reading what you are saying I look over at the at the Seattle Seahawks.

Their QB is solid their receivers are suspect at best. Granted in a strange way KRob is working out great here but they have a solid QB that makes plays and their receivers just drop balls.

If you place any of the big three receivers from the Colts on the Seahawks it would be scary.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

"PackSux!" wrote:
    Stokes and many like him just didn't have what it took mentally to hang in there, but its obvious their physical skills took them pretty far.
    How in the heck would you know? You Must be friends with the guy since you know his mentallity level. Otherwise how can you even make that assumption?
    Maybe it didn't get articulated right, but what I meant was that Stokes obviously had the talent.

How else would you explain his inability to perform if its not internal? Bad luck? The guy only had one year cut short drastically by injury. I don't want to sound combative, but seriously why do you think he never panned out to what people expected him to be?

Vikes, good point. I just meant that Manning was one of those special quarterbacks who can raise the level of his receivers. I see what you mean though.

How do ya like them apples?!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

TJ I agree.. Some people have the talent.. Just not the "Mental Toughness"

Just like Kyle Boller or Joey Harrington.. I think they could be very good.. Just don't have the mind for it

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

How else would you explain his inability to perform if its not internal? Bad luck? The guy only had one year cut short drastically by injury. I don't want to sound combative, but seriously why do you think he never panned out to what people expected him to be?
    Perhaps it is because he had Marvin and Reggie in front of him. Stokely always came up witht he big catch from peyton but so did reggie and marvin. Tough to say but with that many weapons on one team it is hard to say either way i guess.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234