Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Colts Lock Up Wayne For Nearly 40 Million

Well that pretty well seals Edge's fate!

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

$13.5 million signing bonus for a #2 receiver. Somehow that'll be explained away as being worth it! Look for KRob to ask for a similar deal from some team willing to take a risk!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

vikesboy2003 is offline Rookie

That seems like a lot of money to me when the colts could just go ahead and sign alomost any other reciver off another team for almost half of that. I don't know if it's me but reggie dosen't really impress me WEEK TO WEEK don't get me wrong he has his moments but so does a guy that plays for us by the name of Nate.

tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

Seems like an awful lot to pay for a receiver, especially when you have Manning as your QB. He made Brandon Stokely (albeit a very solid NFL player but by no stretch an elite receiver) look like vintage Jerry Rice running those slant patterns in 2004-05.

How are they gonna be able to afford Freeney, June, Simon, Sanders, etc when they all want to cash in?

The Colts will never go anywhere if they keep paying all this money to a couple key players and sacrificing depth on both sides of the field. The Pats and Steelers have shown that it's team depth that sustains greatness over the years, not a couple of highpriced stars, even if they are great.

How do ya like them apples?!

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Over-priced....

He's no Harrison....

He's Reggie Wayne (lame)

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

thats a lot of money for an average receiver
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Wow they have 2 of the 3 highest paid WR's... Horrible idea..

They should have made a run at Randle El.. Or just gave Edge his money..
    No Sh!t, they have all that dough in two players. I don' think that is a very smart move. Especially when you are getting into those bigger contracts. If for some reason he gets hurt, or isn't playing up to their standards it will be hard for another team to take on his salary. Unless of course his contract is like Pepp's where there is hardly any guaranteed money.
    don't forget how much manning gets too. thats 3 very high paid players and where do they get them in the playoffs?
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Reggie Wayne is nasty sorry to bust a lot of people's bubbles.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Wayne caught a team-high 83 passes, one more than his Pro Bowl teammate, Marvin Harrison. It marked the first time in Wayne's five seasons that he led the team in receptions.

Wayne has caught 304 passes for 4,164 yards and 28 touchdowns in five seasons. He topped the 1,000-yard mark in 2004 and 2005 when he established himself as one of Manning's top targets. He caught a then-career-high 77 passes for 1,210 yards and 12 TDs in 2004 when he became part of the NFL's first receiving trio to top 1,000 yards and 10 TDs.

He followed that with last year's 83-catch, 1,055-yard season as his role continued to expand

But he is a sorry ass receiver right????
    Wayne is a stud sorry to tell the haters!!!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Gotta agree with you Vikes, Reggie Wayne is a stud. And congrats on him sealing a MAMMOTH contract from the Colts. If they think he's worth that much to them, then fair play... HOWEVER.. Reggie is always going to be stuck with the stigma that his numbers come as a direct result of what happens on the other side of the field. In that sense the comparisons to how Nate Burleson performed in 2004 alongside Randy Moss; just for the record Burleson caught 68 passes for 1006 yards and 9 TD's. The questions raised here about Reggie Wayne will persist until the season he makes those kind of number he's already shown, but WITHOUT Marvin Harrison lining up on the other side of the field.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast