Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Colts cut veteran DE Simeon Rice

    [size=13pt]Colts decide to cut veteran DE Rice[/size]

    12th-year vet, who was picked up to help replace injured Freeney, let go after 2 games

    By Phillip B. Wilson
    phillip.wilson@indystar.com



    Simeon Rice's stay in Indianapolis amounted to a two-game tryout.

    The Colts released the 12th-year defensive end Tuesday after Rice played sparingly and sluggishly in pass-rush situations against two of the NFL's worst offensive lines, Kansas City and Atlanta.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Colts cut veteran DE Simeon Rice

    That didn't last long did it.

    Hard to watch as a once great player try to hold on.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Colts cut veteran DE Simeon Rice


    It seems to me you'd notice when the wheels come off. Sometimes the heart overrules the brain.

  4. #4
    PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    456

    Re: Colts cut veteran DE Simeon Rice

    Man, he used to be a great pass-rusher. What happen to him?

    ALL DAY!!!

  5. #5
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Colts cut veteran DE Simeon Rice

    "PurplePowerPunch" wrote:
    Man, he used to be a great pass-rusher. What happen to him?
    Easy, 12 years in the league & 33 years on this earth.
    (the majority of which he probably played football in middle/high school, college, and pros)
    Takes a tole on the body


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Colts cut veteran DE Simeon Rice

    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "PurplePowerPunch" wrote:
    Man, he used to be a great pass-rusher. What happen to him?
    Easy, 12 years in the league & 33 years on this earth.
    (the majority of which he probably played football in middle/high school, college, and pros)
    Takes a tole on the body
    Whats sadder to watch, a player trying to hang on or fans who can't understand that he is a player trying to hang on.

    How many times did we see fans screaming for "Proven" "Big Name" FA's who were really nothing more than a once great player who is doing nothing more than trying to hang on.
    :

    Isn't this a great sport?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #7
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Colts cut veteran DE Simeon Rice

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "PurplePowerPunch" wrote:
    Man, he used to be a great pass-rusher. What happen to him?
    Easy, 12 years in the league & 33 years on this earth.
    (the majority of which he probably played football in middle/high school, college, and pros)
    Takes a tole on the body
    Whats sadder to watch, a player trying to hang on or fans who can't understand that he is a player trying to hang on.

    How many times did we see fans screaming for "Proven" "Big Name" FA's who were really nothing more than a once great player who is doing nothing more than trying to hang on.
    :

    Isn't this a great sport?
    and that's why we love.. sometimes the fans find out that they're not quite as smart as they thought ;D
    Still makes the offseason fun when we start having all the wishlists / FA pickups proposed by people, especially when there's no chance in hell that they would ever happen.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


Similar Threads

  1. Simeon rice vs Gruden! round 1
    By SamOchoCinco in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 07:18 PM
  2. Broncos sign Simeon Rice
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 09:00 AM
  3. Simeon Rice Released
    By minnesotapride in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 07:25 PM
  4. Simeon Rice on the IR; Might be available
    By LuckyVike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-23-2006, 02:45 PM
  5. Simeon Rice released June 1st??
    By thinsafetypin in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-07-2003, 10:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •