Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Colts among nfl's best ever?

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Now Dungy, might go down as one of the Greatest Coaches, if he can keep winning like he is. He has only had one losing season, 6-10, after taking over the lowly Bucs and giving them a winning attitude and presence.

In order to be called the Greatest team ever, they might want to think about breaking the Pats consecutive winning streak (is it 23 games??) also. That has been discussed as being more of an accomplishment that the "undefeated season."

It is funny, I made the comment about the Pats being great and the Bears being avg, well, I went back and looked up the stats and on paper, the Bears might have been the better team, but the Pats won big time by winning multiple SBs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/
    Patsy fans STILL SUCK!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Now Dungy, might go down as one of the Greatest Coaches, if he can keep winning like he is. He has only had one losing season, 6-10, after taking over the lowly Bucs and giving them a winning attitude and presence.

In order to be called the Greatest team ever, they might want to think about breaking the Pats consecutive winning streak (is it 23 games??) also. That has been discussed as being more of an accomplishment that the "undefeated season."

It is funny, I made the comment about the Pats being great and the Bears being avg, well, I went back and looked up the stats and on paper, the Bears might have been the better team, but the Pats won big time by winning multiple SBs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/
    Patsy fans STILL SUCK!!!
    Tru Dat!!!!!!

Believe me, it HURTS to say nice things about the Pats. I can hardly type them without cringing.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Try living in New England sometime Snow....

God I hate the Pats......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

Best teams I remember (I'm 24)
    Patriots of the last two season (simply amazing)
    98' Broncos & 98' Viks (what a superbowl that would have been)
    Aikman, Emmitt & CokeHead Cowboys (maybe best O-Line ever)
    Steve Young Superbowl 49ers (94'ish) (Great D, West Coast O at its finest)

05' Colts

Offense is 98' Viks Caliber
    Theres not really anythng you can say bad about this unit. Opposing Defenses never touch Peyton, Edge is a beast, Harrison, Wayne Shockley, Clark they just have too many guys that make plays not mistakes.

Defense is young, fast and improving all the time.
    Just watch 2nd year saftey Bob Sanders, at 5'-8" 175 lbs, he is the man. He is always around the ball and likes to put the wood to whom ever comes to get it. Freeney, Mathis, Reagor up front is outstanding, June and the noname linebacks are solid. You can throw on them if you fend off the D-Line, but other than that they are pretty darn solid.
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    If they can make a run at the bowl and win it.. Yah definitley one of the best teams ever.. Thier O has to be top 5 ever.. And their D isn't too shabby.. I would love to see them take on the 72?? I think it's 72 Dolphs though
    They would crush the 1972 Dolphins...they weren't even that good of a team...mostly lucky!

That's what I hear.. But it would be a good game with Zonka (sp) Griese and his Wr.. Thier D was good..

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

Not in my opinion.I think teams from the 70,s.Including Minn would kill them.The NFL is so much more diluted now.
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

I think the Colts are on their way to being the best ever. But agree that they have to win the Superbowl and go undefeated this year.

If the 98 Vikes had made the Superbowl and won that year, they would have been arguably the best ever. But they didn't and you never hear alot about how good that team was.

So, regardless of strength of schedule, because teams today are closer than they may seem and players are bigger, stronger, faster than yesteryear, the Colts need to win out this season and win the Superbowl.

So the question is: Do the Colts play their last games to win for an undefeated season or rest their players?

I say win it out. It will get them a record that may never be broken and keeps their players fresh and sharp. They will get a bye in a few weeks anyway. And homefield will be easier on them, too. I am rooting for them.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Try living in New England sometime Snow....

God I hate the Pats......
    I feel for both you and Cajun.

If it wasn't for the Pats, I would love to live in NE. :lol:

They arent one of the best teams yet, but they are a very good team. I still think they have to win the super bowl. Then next year they have to do pretty good. Dungy is a great coach. He is the only only reason why I pay any attetiont to the colts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123