Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

Re: Colts among nfl's best ever?

so it's sounding like this thread might be a little premature. It sounds like most people are wanting to see if they win the SB before labeling them one of the best ever....myself included.

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I think the colts could beat the 85 bears, if I remeber the bears that season almost lost to the dolphins (17-10) they wernt the greatest team ever. I think the 2005 colts could go down in the top 5 greatest teams of all time.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I think they have a very speical Offense.

A bunch of Veterans, who have played with eachother for a long time now, and they are showing what a TEAM really is....

That O is beauty in motion.........Period

Their speical teams is solid, and their D has gotten better and better every year, over the past 3 years..

I still think their weakest link is their D........

But that Offense is hard if not impossible to keep up with on the scoreboard, point for point..

Are they one of the best ever? Their offense is, without a doubt....

As an overal team?.....I won't go there yet, but if they do win the SB, it would be hard not to put them in the top 4 teams of all times....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes" wrote:
    They need to go undefeated and win the SB.
    IMO.........with the question being "The Best Ever?"..........

They need to sustain it for a few years, like a so called dynasty.

Even the 85 Bears, one year and done. They got a superbowl out of it, had four years with a ton of wins, but we only remember the SuperBowl year.

The Colts have had good seasons so far, the Dungy years, but it is now that they are finally over the hump to be on the verge of being a great team.

IF they make the 16-0 mark, we can all say that this was one of the greatest accomplishments in Football, but that is about it. They need to win the Superbowl or everyone will say the season is for nothing and that the COLTS Choked, again. Plus follow up next season by getting to the Bowl and win again with a minimum of 13 wins.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

If they go undfeated, and win the superbowl...without a doubt they should be considered the greatest.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Now Dungy, might go down as one of the Greatest Coaches, if he can keep winning like he is. He has only had one losing season, 6-10, after taking over the lowly Bucs and giving them a winning attitude and presence.

In order to be called the Greatest team ever, they might want to think about breaking the Pats consecutive winning streak (is it 23 games??) also. That has been discussed as being more of an accomplishment that the "undefeated season."

It is funny, I made the comment about the Pats being great and the Bears being avg, well, I went back and looked up the stats and on paper, the Bears might have been the better team, but the Pats won big time by winning multiple SBs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/

"Deronn" wrote:
    My vote is no. They are a solid team, but I guess I'm just looking at there schedule and I'm not that impressed - not to call them one of the greatest teams ever. They just haven't played many teams with winning records.

Bengals 10-3
    Jags 9-4
    Pats 8-5
    Steelers 8-5
    -------------------
    Rams 5-8
    Ravens 4-9
    Titans 4-9
    Browns 4-9
    49ers 2-11
    Texans 1-12

I know, I know... that's what great teams are supposed to do (win the games that they are supposed to win!)
    It just goes to show that this year is crazy. It seems like there are more bad teams out there this year than normal. It might just be in my head!

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

any team that can do what the Pats did and what the Colts are doing with this day in age of free agency is amazing. Teams used to be built through the draft, if you could draft well you were going to have a good dominate team. Now as soon as you get something going players leave for more money. So I would consider what the Pats did as one of the most amazing things that has happened in football. Plus the level of talent today is leaps and bounds better than it was. I think if you would put the Colts team up against the 1985 Bears, the bears would get destroyed! It was a different type of football then.

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

If they can make a run at the bowl and win it.. Yah definitley one of the best teams ever.. Thier O has to be top 5 ever.. And their D isn't too shabby.. I would love to see them take on the 72?? I think it's 72 Dolphs though

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    If they can make a run at the bowl and win it.. Yah definitley one of the best teams ever.. Thier O has to be top 5 ever.. And their D isn't too shabby.. I would love to see them take on the 72?? I think it's 72 Dolphs though
    They would crush the 1972 Dolphins...they weren't even that good of a team...mostly lucky!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast