Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Colt McCoy.

  1. #11
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Colt McCoy.

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1105337
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1105336
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105334
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1105330
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105326
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1105317
    I was the biggest supporter of bringing McCoy here. I think I was ripped on by Marrdro. Glad I was right again.
    You mean like you were about bringing Favre back here in 2010? :P
    What other choice did we have? T-JOKE? LMFAO
    He did have a better winning %. :laugh:
    he also hurt his toe and got put on IR after about 2 games :laugh:
    Yeah, but in those 2 games he really played great.
    - Oh, never mind.........

  2. #12
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,311

    Re: Colt McCoy.

    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105334
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1105330
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105326
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1105317
    I was the biggest supporter of bringing McCoy here. I think I was ripped on by Marrdro. Glad I was right again.
    You mean like you were about bringing Favre back here in 2010? :P
    What other choice did we have? T-JOKE? LMFAO
    He did have a better winning %. :laugh:
    Actually 0-1 is .000 percentage. Not as good as 5-8 and a .385 percentage.

    And for the thousandth time you have mentioned Favre in a non-Favre thread. Wonder if you might actually have Brett stay the night more than Mars does.

    As for McCoy ... I see everyone out there anointing him as a wonderful QB already because of his preseason play ... It certainly cannot be because of his stellar play last season which did not really exist.

    I will say I do like what I see out of him so far, but there is a long way to go for him to even be considered a good NFL QB.

  3. #13
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Colt McCoy.

    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1105344
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105334
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1105330
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105326
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1105317
    I was the biggest supporter of bringing McCoy here. I think I was ripped on by Marrdro. Glad I was right again.
    You mean like you were about bringing Favre back here in 2010? :P
    What other choice did we have? T-JOKE? LMFAO
    He did have a better winning %. :laugh:
    Actually 0-1 is .000 percentage. Not as good as 5-8 and a .385 percentage.

    And for the thousandth time you have mentioned Favre in a non-Favre thread. Wonder if you might actually have Brett stay the night more than Mars does.

    As for McCoy ... I see everyone out there anointing him as a wonderful QB already because of his preseason play ... It certainly cannot be because of his stellar play last season which did not really exist.

    I will say I do like what I see out of him so far, but there is a long way to go for him to even be considered a good NFL QB.
    I'd say it's based on decent play on an awful Browns team last season. Showing signs of progression as a QB, rather than consistently sucking.

    No, he wasn't jaw-dropping, but I thought he did quite well all things considered. Already looking like a better option than anybody we've drafted in the past ten years except for Ponder.

  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Colt McCoy.

    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1105317
    I was the biggest supporter of bringing McCoy here. I think I was ripped on by Marrdro. Glad I was right again.
    Ohhhh brother. On this one I gotta raise the bullshit flag.

    Show me one time were you told me that MCCoy was going to do anything and I said he wouldn't.

    Truth of the matter is, I think I've been pretty consistent about this cat in that I was pretty unsure about what he was going to do, especially of late were I said that if the Browns moved on this year I believed they were giving up on him to early.

    Long story short, I know you like to play the "Right/Wrong" thing but in this case I'm not gonna let you.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Colt McCoy.

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1105318
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1105317
    I was the biggest supporter of bringing McCoy here. I think I was ripped on by Marrdro. Glad I was right again.
    Yep.

    McCoy was too small to ever become a legitimate QB, and he played in the spread O, meaning he'd never pan out. Or so Marrdro would have you believe.
    Find were I said that? Truth of the matter is I don't remember exactly were I projected him in my mock drafts and find it pretty amazing that you do.

    I might have said something about his height and probably projected him to a WCO team that would allow him to learn a few years and probably said he wasn't worth a top first round pick.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Colt McCoy.

    Here: http://purplepride.org/forum/55-vikings-2010-offseason-a-training-camp/1048239-2010-draft-the-ideal-quarterback-for-the-vikings?limit=15&start=75#1048546

    Read through your posts. Pretty much all you talk about is how you think he'll have trouble seeing over the line.

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Colt McCoy.

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1105402
    Here: http://purplepride.org/forum/55-vikings-2010-offseason-a-training-camp/1048239-2010-draft-the-ideal-quarterback-for-the-vikings?limit=15&start=75#1048546

    Read through your posts. Pretty much all you talk about is how you think he'll have trouble seeing over the line.
    It reads...."Only knock on him I have"......LOL. Were is that bullshit flag? :P

    JK, you didn't find anything were I said if they Browns gave up on him this year I think it was gonna be a mistake/to early? Pretty sure I've said that stuff all offseason. Heck I bet you can find some stuff were I thought he was doing better than I expected in some game notes last year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Colt McCoy.

    Thta was one thread. I'm not searching through the bowels of PP.O for threads where you explain why drafting McCoy wouldn't be a good idea. They exist, you didn't like us to get him. I'm not the only one who is saying this either.

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Colt McCoy.

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1105407
    Thta was one thread. I'm not searching through the bowels of PP.O for threads where you explain why drafting McCoy wouldn't be a good idea. They exist, you didn't like us to get him. I'm not the only one who is saying this either.
    Oh, yea, Mars and you together.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Quit it......:P

    I did a quick search. 5 pages of threads come up. All of them echo what I just said.

    None of them say that I was apposed to drafting him other than the height and I wouldn't burn a first round pick on him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Colt McCoy.

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105405
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1105402
    Here: http://purplepride.org/forum/55-vikings-2010-offseason-a-training-camp/1048239-2010-draft-the-ideal-quarterback-for-the-vikings?limit=15&start=75#1048546

    Read through your posts. Pretty much all you talk about is how you think he'll have trouble seeing over the line.
    It reads...."Only knock on him I have"......LOL. Were is that bullshit flag? :P

    JK, you didn't find anything were I said if they Browns gave up on him this year I think it was gonna be a mistake/to early? Pretty sure I've said that stuff all offseason. Heck I bet you can find some stuff were I thought he was doing better than I expected in some game notes last year.
    Backpedaling.....Some one finds proof and you brush it off. Typical.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Meet Colt Anderson
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-08-2009, 03:23 AM
  2. Lou Holtz apologizes for anti-McCoy tirade
    By Prophet in forum College Ball
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-01-2008, 12:51 AM
  3. Colt Brennan passes up NFL draft!
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 01:21 PM
  4. Colt Brennan to decide future on Tuesday
    By PacMan21 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-15-2007, 07:06 PM
  5. Captain McCoy fired!
    By Burley81 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 09:44 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •