Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clock error helped Pats win

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2173143

It pretty much says that 52 seconds were added to the clock in the 4th quarter. as a result after the steelers tied the game up there was 1:21 left when the Patriots got the ball back when there should have been only 29 seconds, and then the game would have gone into overtime. I guess we can put this up there with the snowplow, the 4th down out of bounds catch, and the tuck rule for the patriots' list of cheap crap that helps them win.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Clock error helped Pats win

yah i heard about that last night when i was watching the MNF game. sounds like nothing is going to happen to the ref, it'll just have an effect on which games he'll be at or something like that. i agree that the Patriots get their fair share of calls go for them, but i don't think their is a great conspiracy for the patriots to win it all either.

Thanks Josdin

well im not saying there is some kind of conspiracy, im just saying that isnt it interesting that they get all these lucky breaks. i meen if it wasent for that tuck rule crap they wouldnt have won their first super bowl.

yah i know the "tuck rule" thing was a really bad call, i worked with a Raiders fan and he was still upset about that the next year when they went to the bowl and got hammered by the bucs. they are plenty of shoulda coulda wouldas in NFL, and in life in general. it is interesting to think about though.

Thanks Josdin

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I just do not understand how nobody else noticed the discrepancy until after the game was over.

I would have thought another official, someone from Pittsburgh, someone from the Pats, or even a someone from the television crew would have noticed.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i wonder how no one saw that it happened? someone in there somewhere would have noticed. i think the nfl did it so the pats win. stupid everything :P
    We're bringing purple back.

yeah it just makes me so angry because i live in boston and maine so all i deal with are these cocky basterds and it just seems like when their going to lose a big game somebody comes in on a zamboni (sp?) or there is a catch on fouth and long that was clearly out of bounds that sets up a field goal bringing them into the playoffs or they call a fumble a pass and now theres this. most of my non pats fan friends have this joke we call "patriot rules" which we say whenever they get a call in their favor. I also cant stand how all the announcers are so in love with them, its worse than their love affair with bret farve.

they are a great team, that is why they get talked about so much, i know they get way too many breaks their way but they are a very well coached football team.

the reason nothing happened in nobody on the steelers sideline realize it until after the next play, therefore they couldn't challenge it. after the next play even if they(the steelers) had realized it there wasn't much they could do about it.

Thanks Josdin

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

It happened at the beginning of the fourth quarter. Hardly a conspiracy. Who knew they would need time at the end of the game. It could have helped the Steelers instead. In fact with less time who know maybe Cowart calls different plays in his last drive and doesn't tie it up. :razz:

WWBGD

well all i know is the vikings earn every game they win, and i wouldnt want to like a team that doesnt. Even if that ment the vikes would win more games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast