Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Clip of fan stripping ball from Favre...

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Like I said...6 picks, not 5!!!
    LOL it was more like a fumble than a pick, but either way it was funny watching him try and run it back for a TD and get laid-out.

I wonder what kind of punishment he will receive. I bet he gets fined big-time. The NFL should really lay down the law and set an example so this doesn't happen again.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Prophet Guest

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

It is obvious there are security issues at the games, but I so think it was hilarious to see farve and shermans face after it happened. Like what now!!! The loser had is moment in the spotlight.
    I BLEED PURPLE!

realmeandogg is offline Training Camp

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I know I'm going to be the Packer fan wet blanket, but that bothered me. A lot.

First of all, that guy could have had a knife. Or he could have been like that idiot trailer trash dude at the White Sox game a couple years ago.

Secondly, there was no penalty on the home team. In baseball, the home team gets penalized for interference. That coulda/shoulda been a penalty. The fact that the Cincy coach and players were laughing about it and admitting they were off balance with Favre's hurry up until that happened should be laughing matter.

Thirdly, it destroyed all momentum the Packers were generating. If you look at the play, Favre had a good pocket and was getting his "magic back", with Cincy back in their heels. Not saying he would have thrown a touchdown (or an interception), but it messed them up to the point where they didn't know which play they were running (the play they were going to run with the fan, or the next on the list in the hurry up), and he got sacked.

We'll never know, but he may have literally prevented the game from going into overtime. If there was a defensive penalty for that fan, the Packers would have had 1st and 10 on the Cincy 13 yard line and 26 seconds to work, and momentum still in their favor, and the clock stopped.

Instead, they were under pressure to restart the clock at any time, so they couldn't huddle, and the defense used the opportunity to get the right personell on the field and get set.

As I said, call me a Packer wet blanket, but that's something that shouldn't be factoring into a game.
    :boohoo: How about blaming your boy favre for throwing the ball to the wrong team 5 times :cry:

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Defensive player of the week should go to that guy, suit him up in a Vikes uniform.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    Defensive player of the week should go to that guy, suit him up in a Vikes uniform.
    Yeah...and put him in the secondary...he most likely wouldn't have dropped those two sure INTs that our guys dropped in the Dome week before last!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

TATEone is offline Starter

All though pretty stupid, I laughed my a$$ off.
    I voluntarily agree to not indulge in any alcohol, drugs, or engage in any other illegal activity that may in any way jeopardize the years of hard work we as a team have committed to our goal of a championship season in '76.

Prophet Guest

My favorite part about this story is that this idiot pleaded innocent. Millions of people see him to it and it's on film and in the newspapers and he pleaded innocent. Wow.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

More on the idiot:
    http://deadspin.com/sports/nfl/ladies-and-gents-meet-greg-gall-134233.php
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

vikings6490 is offline Starter

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    http://www.threewood.com/misc/bengal_busted.mpg

Here's a better link that show this idiot fan get leveled by a security guard!
    Greg Gall got.....JACKED UP
    Thanks MF

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast