Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47
  1. #11
    Vikes's Avatar
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,733

    Re: Chmura calls Favre 'a selfish guy'

    Okay Chmura!!!! :thumbright:
    300

    The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

    300

  2. #12
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Chmura calls Favre 'a selfish guy'

    If anyone in the Green Bay fan club thought that Ted Thompson - a guy NOTORIOUS for NOT spending money in free agency - was going to open the coffers and make one last dying gasp for greatness because "The Almighty Brett" wants him to...well, they're even more delusional than I believed them to be.

    Thompson is a "build through the draft guy"...always has been.

    If any of those same fans thought for a millisecond that Brett Favre wasn't all about Brett Favre...well, they simply haven't been paying attention. Favre has had PLENTY of "shine your light on me" moments in his career....starting with his crocodile tear laden "I'm addicted to vicodin" confession. The walk off in Minnesota (When he left 37 seconds early because he was being pounded so badly). The "I'm not teaching him" comments about Aaron Rodgers. And now, finally, the, "What're they going to do, cut me?" crack.

    Slap any other face on ANY of those instances, and you have instant NFL bad guy. Moss left THREE SECONDS early and all hell broke loose...not Favre. Moss said, "I play when I want to play" and was HAMMERED...favre says what he wants.

    Personally, I have lost a lot of respect for Favre recently. Much like Culpepper, I was willing to write off certain things as flukes or momentary lapses of judgement....but I DO think he's hurting his team by playing this silly game (Which, ironically, helps us). Green Bay doesn't go after a top tier QB because Brett might be on the roster. What are they supposed to do, show 110% commitment to a guy who won't commit himself?

    Personally, I have defended Favre - on these very boards - many times. Most times, he's been a good example, and he's always been a great competitor. But, over the past couple of years, he reminds me more of the lame talk show host who walks on stage to applause, get's all, "awww shucks" about it, then gestures for more applause.

    Chmura, while not the most sterling name in NFL history, is the FIRST Packer or former Packer to actually step up and take a shot. And, honestly, comming from a guy who spent as much time with favre as Chmura did, I tend to consider the source reliable.

    So, I'm done defending Favre. I think he's every bit as selfish as TO or Culpepper. And, quite frankly, I hope he DOES come back, and I hope that his line lets everyone in a time or ten...just to knock his head back into shape.

    favre said previously that he can retire now and his "legacy" will remain intact...you bet, Brett. And, while you're opening your mouth, you're adding all kinds of new dimensions to it. The kind that most people take great pains to avoid adding.

    Keep yakkin', hillbilly.

    Caine

  3. #13
    PurpleAndy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    285

    Re: Chmura calls Favre 'a selfish guy'

    So much strife in Packerland.

    I think that Favre should make up his mind. It really doesn't matter to me, because if he retires, I win, and if he stays, I win. However, I don't give a fark what Mark "Would You Like Some Candy Little Girl" Chmura, thinks. The fact that he even has a medium that allows him to convey his opinion to the public is a travesty in and of itself. In a just world, the only place that Mark Chmura would have in the football world is being Bam Morris' beeotch in jail.

    Actually, I changed my mind. Drag it out as long as you want Brett. File your retirement papers on Opening Day. Fark the Packers and their child abusing ex-Tight Ends. You don't owe them a thing.

  4. #14
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Chmura calls Favre 'a selfish guy'

    Chmura is just pissed because Favre didn't call him during his trial lol.

    Why would a build through the draft guy, worry about bringing in a FA QB? He has a 1st round draft pick waiting to play. There is no reason they can't be thinking of rebuilding the o-line, making peace with J.Walker. Letting their kicker go.........

    I hate Brett Favre, he can as you all know....toss my salad.

    I fail to see how this is causing as much grief as some make it out to be Chmura included. The organization is to blame.

    As far as Favre and Moss go, I think there are a few differences. The first glaring one would be the SB's and the HOF lock. Favre has them Moss doesn't......the biggest thing though and I belive this to be true is that when Moss said that he played when he wanted to play, that pissed a lot of people off.

    We can make excuses for people who give it all they have and fail horribly. We can accept failure as long as it came with sweat, but what sports society can not forgive is someone talanted saying they will not try as hard as they can.

    I have a feeling if during the season Brett Favre was to say I only play when I feel like it.....this would be a different story. When you see a guy get knocked out of a game with a concussion, sneak back in, and throw a TD pass before being pulled out again that tells you all you need to know. All alot of sports fans need to know.

    I'm not saying what Moss said was wrong. I am convinced most players do take a play off here and there. They have too if they want to survive out there. All I am saying is those words forever changes the perception many had of Randy Moss.

    He had a spreadsheet of travesties before he even entered the NFL and everyone was like he's a thug a punk....then he tore the NFL up, people loved him....yeah well every bad thing adds up and if your team isn't winning to combat the negativity you create then your ending up on the short end of the stick.

    Favres football accomplishments out weigh his negativities, I don't think you can say that for Moss at the moment.

  5. #15
    PurplePride80's Avatar
    PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,980

    Re: Chmura calls Favre 'a selfish guy'

    "ChezPizmo" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "There are fans out there (who) could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. These people would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread."

    -Mark Chmura


    :lol:
    Wow. How'd he come up with that one?
    Lol
    ^ What makes that so funny, is that it's the truth.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,160

    Re: Chmura calls Favre 'a selfish guy'

    The puppies comment is definitely true. I have some friends who are die-hard Packer fans and if he did that they would still worship him. He is definitely hurting his team. If he would just make up his mind they would know whether they should think about getting anothyer quarterback or preparing Rodgers for starting. Instead they have to wait. But hey, its OK with me. The more controversy in Packerland the better!
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

    In AP I trust

  7. #17
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Chmura calls Favre 'a selfish guy'

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Why would a build through the draft guy, worry about bringing in a FA QB? He has a 1st round draft pick waiting to play. There is no reason they can't be thinking of rebuilding the o-line, making peace with J.Walker. Letting their kicker go.........


    I fail to see how this is causing as much grief as some make it out to be Chmura included. The organization is to blame.
    The reason why Favre gets so much slack on this is that he plays hard and leaves his heart on the field. Maybe it is for himself, maybe it is for the Green and Gold but he plays hard every down.

    Yes the organization is as much to blame as Favre. Ted is an idiot, which is good for us. You are right, they may not have picked up a FA QB to back up Rodgers if Favre gave them his 2 week notice. No doubt in my mind that if Favre is gone, it is Rodgers turn to start earning his keep.

    Some of the comments that Favre made are out of context as usual.

    The degree to which Favre is hurting the team is minor incomparison to where they have been this offseason so far and where they seem to be headed with or without Favre.

    But, I think what Chamura said about Favre is true, about being selfish.

    Most of us know from being around successful people in sports and in business that this trait of selfishness sometimes goes along with the attitude of being successful. It is part of what makes and drives people to be successful. It is what sometimes make leaders.

    Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. I was just happy that Chamura pointed it out. The Madden-like-Favre-Lovers will still love the guy and that 33 percent will probably sway back over to lovin' when No.4 puts on the helmet again and slings some TDs and INTs.

  8. #18
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Chmura calls Favre 'a selfish guy'

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Why would a build through the draft guy, worry about bringing in a FA QB? He has a 1st round draft pick waiting to play. There is no reason they can't be thinking of rebuilding the o-line, making peace with J.Walker. Letting their kicker go.........


    I fail to see how this is causing as much grief as some make it out to be Chmura included. The organization is to blame.
    The reason why Favre gets so much slack on this is that he plays hard and leaves his heart on the field. Maybe it is for himself, maybe it is for the Green and Gold but he plays hard every down.

    Yes the organization is as much to blame as Favre. Ted is an idiot, which is good for us. You are right, they may not have picked up a FA QB to back up Rodgers if Favre gave them his 2 week notice. No doubt in my mind that if Favre is gone, it is Rodgers turn to start earning his keep.

    Some of the comments that Favre made are out of context as usual.

    The degree to which Favre is hurting the team is minor incomparison to where they have been this offseason so far and where they seem to be headed with or without Favre.

    But, I think what Chamura said about Favre is true, about being selfish.

    Most of us know from being around successful people in sports and in business that this trait of selfishness sometimes goes along with the attitude of being successful. It is part of what makes and drives people to be successful. It is what sometimes make leaders.

    Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. I was just happy that Chamura pointed it out. The Madden-like-Favre-Lovers will still love the guy and that 33 percent will probably sway back over to lovin' when No.4 puts on the helmet again and slings some TDs and INTs.
    Oh I agree completely.

    That's why I say the big reason Moss gets major grief and Favre gets a hall pass is because Moss said he plays when he wants.

  9. #19
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,994

    Re: Chmura calls Favre 'a selfish guy'

    I'm glad that Chmura came out and said what he did. He's speaking the truth, Favre is being selfish.

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  10. #20
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Chmura calls Favre 'a selfish guy'

    The Packers just need to show some balls and CUT HIM!

    Of course, the Packers have no balls so they will continue to say "Yes sir, Mr. Favre! Whatever you say, Mr. Favre!" :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Favre calls 2009 "the best season I've ever had"
    By marstc09 in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 04:56 PM
  2. Mark Chmura to enter Packers HOF
    By i_bleed_purple in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 08:21 AM
  3. Favre Acting Selfish
    By Turboe in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-03-2006, 11:30 AM
  4. 'Grape Guy' Catches 116 Grapes in Mouth
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2006, 10:03 PM
  5. Writer calls Favre a Bold Face Liar and Attention Hog
    By MichaelAngelo in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 07:29 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •