Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    In the end, the Browns get Flynn, Seahawks draft Tannehill and Miami tries to beat out the Jets for Peyton.
    Why would the Seahawks draft Tannehill? Didn't ole' Tjack establish himself as a successful starter?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Why would the Seahawks draft Tannehill? Didn't ole' Tjack establish himself as a successful starter?
    Ouch !!! thats gotta hurt....lol
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    But what puts pressure on them? Yutz reporters who are touting that he is the next best thing? Yutz fans who are buying into that drivel (if it is drivel)?

From a football standpoint, RGIII is alot more risk than Flynn my friend. At least we've seen Flynn play at the next level.

RGIII hasn't done anything.
    Actually I suspect there is more game film available for RGIII than there is for Flynn and, cynical old sod that I am, two games isn't a lot as a basis for judging him as future star.

As for the pressure, not so much the yutz fans or reporters but the interest around the league that has raised his stock. They are the professionals after all though I'll admit they do get it wrong at times ( see Ryan Leaf, Tarvaris Jackson ).
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    The Browns are to low for RGIII and besides, why would they go after him. The whole organization is WCO based. RGIII just doesn't fit that scheme.

My guess is the Browns are going to fight it out with the Phins and Seachickens (both have ties to the PUKERS either at Coaching or GM) for the rights to Flynn.
    I think the Browns will trade with the rams for the second pick, and the Rams still get Blackmon at number 4.
    RGIII is a complete QB and would fit the west coast, or any other passing attack nicely. I'm sure the offense would be built to showcase his many strengths.
    The other thing to consider is they would have to spend 50 or 60million to get Flynn, while they can get RGIII for about 22 million for the first 4 years.
    The browns would be foolish to pass up a franchise QB in this draft.
    The biggest threat is if the bidding goes too high. I could see a team like the Redskins, raiders or even seahawks giving the moon to get him.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I think the Browns will trade with the rams for the second pick, and the Rams still get Blackmon at number 4.
    RGIII is a complete QB and would fit the west coast, or any other passing attack nicely. I'm sure the offense would be built to showcase his many strengths.
    The other thing to consider is they would have to spend 50 or 60million to get Flynn, while they can get RGIII for about 22 million for the first 4 years.
    The browns would be foolish to pass up a franchise QB in this draft.
    The biggest threat is if the bidding goes too high. I could see a team like the Redskins, raiders or even seahawks giving the moon to get him.
    I will have to go back and do some more reading on him, but from what I gather, RGIII doesn't really fit what Cleveland is trying to do. Until I do that, I will defer to your sound wisdom and then say, OK, fits the scheme and then at it from the "Franchise" perspective you bring up.

I would tend to think that even though we haven't seen that much of Flynn, it is more than we've seen from RGIII so I think the risk is less with respect to having success with Flynn over RGIII.

Then mix in what you would have to give up to get him. Not as much as the Deadskins mind you, but still enough to equate to a hit in how your building your team so far.

Sound wisdom you have, but I just don't see them going for the rook. I think they will elect to take the Vet and add players around him via the draft. By all accounts, they have 25-30 Mil under the CAP. Makes sense to me to use a good chunk of that on your new QB.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    Actually I suspect there is more game film available for RGIII than there is for Flynn and, cynical old sod that I am, two games isn't a lot as a basis for judging him as future star.

As for the pressure, not so much the yutz fans or reporters but the interest around the league that has raised his stock. They are the professionals after all though I'll admit they do get it wrong at times ( see Ryan Leaf, Tarvaris Jackson ).
    LOL, you crack me up, trying to lump ole TJ in with Leaf. Well played my friend. Well played indeed.

Excellent point about the "Interest around the league" discussion point. I can buy into that, but do you think that interest would be there this year if Cam wouldn't have had so much success? I don't think it would.

So, with that in mind, and just like the Panthers had to do with Cam, I think the team that is "Interested" in RGIII already realizes it will have to run a slightly different version of whatever offense they are currently running now.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    Ouch !!! thats gotta hurt....lol
    Only if you don't think that TJ has established himself as a viable starter.

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    I see you still need me to keep your knowledge level continuing on the upward trend........A few thoughts to help you out......

How many teams had their QB hurt last year and had to use their backup?
    Answer: The Seahawks did.

How did that back up do?
    Answer: He was able to get a whopping 49 total yards? Pretty shitty considering TJ got a lot more production out of them.

Should the Seahawks stay with their backup or should they draft a future starter/backup QB that could turn into a franchise QB if he falls to the?
    Answer: I will let you answer this one.

In short, you gotta think big picture my friend and quick focusing on the little things that really don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Only if you don't think that TJ has established himself as a viable starter.
    Safe to say all but one here don't think that. Hell, even Tad admits he's a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Safe to say all but one here don't think that. Hell, even Tad admits he's a bust.

Come on...multiple seasons and many opportunities to prove himself is not enough time to call him a bust or success. He needs a little more grooming and a few more years to develop some pocket presence, and then MAYBE a couple more years after that to perfect his patented "jump pass all over your ass." After that, it's three seasons TOPS under a good veteran to learn how to read a D, which only leaves a season or two under some good tutelage to learn how to read the Polaroids right side up and the league will have an elite QB who will become the bane of defenses for years to come.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast