Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Childress to Philly?

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1085632
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1085630
    Why so hard on him? He was brought in and given everything he needed to build a championship team that could be competitive over the long term and in the end the ownership was left with a team that had no championships and might possibly finish last in the division even though we probably have the highest payroll and the largest coaching staff.
    Given everything he needed except a QB.
    Bingo.....

On a side note. It wasn't only a QB he was missing. He was missing fan support from the day he got here.

He won without a QB and still got boo'd. He won with a old has been and still got boo'd. Cat could have won a SB and still got boo'd.

I think the ole Chiller (And Denny) will admit to one thing. Vikings fans are pretty tough to make happy.

They don't like winning, they only like it when you put a pencil behind your ear and tell the press everything while you make jokes.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "RK." #1085606
    Brad Childress the new Mike Tice. :P
    I'd take Tice back in a minute as the Oline coach.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Freya" #1086107
    I dunno. The Bears O-line has been really suspect at times this year.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1086109

=Z=
    Baldy did a nice breakdown on thier OL this year.

Since the middle (mostly the two G's) has started to Gel, he gives them the credit for the improved protection we have seen for Cutler.

I kindof think it has more to do with how Williams has settled in at RT though.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086111

=Z=

Since the middle (mostly the two G's) has started to Gel, he gives them the credit for the improved protection we have seen for Cutler.

The one thing that you haven't mentioned is how Martz's has change his play calling from the beginning of the year, started with the 7 step drops for Cutler and now Cutler is moving out of the pocket more, using Forte and some rushing and the Bears 3rd down conversion percentage improvement

the 1st 6 weeks the Bears were at 15% converting 3rd downs and this is a team that paid Taylor one of the best 3rd down backs the year before a boatload of cash Link

Weeks 9 to 11

Jay Cutler attributes the team's recent run of success on third down to offensive coordinator Mike Martz gaining a better understanding of what the unit is capable of achieving.
    Chicago's three-game winning streak, it has converted 55.6 percent or better on third downs
    Link

I'm thinking Martz's offensive scheme over exposed the line (an already weak line) at the beginning of the year and somebody (Lovie and Tice) finally got him to change things up and things start rolling

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1086142
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086111

=Z=

The one thing that you haven't mentioned is how Martz's has change his play calling from the beginning of the year, started with the 7 step drops for Cutler and now Cutler is moving out of the pocket more, using Forte and some rushing and the Bears 3rd down conversion percentage improvement

the 1st 6 weeks the Bears were at 15% converting 3rd downs and this is a team that paid Taylor one of the best 3rd down backs the year before a boatload of cash Link

Weeks 9 to 11

Jay Cutler attributes the team's recent run of success on third down to offensive coordinator Mike Martz gaining a better understanding of what the unit is capable of achieving.
    Chicago's three-game winning streak, it has converted 55.6 percent or better on third downs
    Link

I'm thinking Martz's offensive scheme over exposed the line (an already weak line) at the beginning of the year and somebody (Lovie and Tice) finally got him to change things up and things start rolling
    Excellent stuff Greg.

Truth be told, until right now, I never really considered/noticed the changes. TE is another area he seems to use more than he did in the past.

Again, excellent stuff.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234