Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Childress to Philly?

Reid on Childress

Reid said that he "would be honored" to bring former Eagles offensive coordinator Brad Childress back to his staff next season.

Childress, who worked with Reid from 1999 to 2005, was fired as head coach by the Minnesota Vikings last month.

"Brad knows any time Brad wants to come back, I'm here with open arms," Reid said in a conference call with Minnesota-area reporters. "I think Brad Childress should be given another opportunity as a head football coach. He does a heck of a job."

An Eagles spokesman said after the call that Reid has neither contacted nor offered Childress a job. Marty Mornhinweg is now the Eagles' offensive coordinator, although he has been mentioned as a possible head coaching candidate in the off-season.

With the Eagles scheduled to host the Vikings on Sunday, Reid and Childress had planned on spending Christmas together at the Reid residence. Childress' firing, of course, changed those plans.

"I can't tell you I didn't feel bad about it," Reid said about Childress being fired after a 3-7 start. "He's a close friend."

Childress was replaced by Leslie Frazier, another former assistant under Reid.
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20101223_Eagles_Notes___Vick_and_the_wrath_of_Reid .html
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Childress to Philly?

Thanks for the read. My guess, the Chiller will wait for another HC position. Probably won't be next year, but it the year after.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Childress to Philly?

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085549
    Thanks for the read. My guess, the Chiller will wait for another HC position. Probably won't be next year, but it the year after.
    Is there a Pop Warner team desperate to suck that needs a coach?

Concerned Parent: "Well...we've had a pretty good run, Coach. We've won our League Champioship 12 years in a row. Honestly, it's getting a bit embarrassing....we'd like to lose a game or two. Can you help us?"

Chiller: "Absolutely!! I've got this KAO to teach the kids, and don't you worry...I'll be bringing my Quarterback with me. You remember Tarvaris Jackson, right?"

Concerned Parent: "Isn't he a little old for Pop Warner football?"

Chiller: "Nonsense!!! He plays like a 9 year old. Who's going to complain?"

Concerned Parent: "Good point."

:blink:

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Childress to Philly?

that might be too long, he needs to get himself involved with a successful team next season - whether it be OC, position coach or tea boy. That would at least put a gap between his time in Minny ( especially this last season) and his new prospective position.
    At the moment I would think the only teams that would want a recently fired HC is a desperate one or a team marking time whilst they wait for a preferred candidate.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Childress to Philly?

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1085563
    Is there a Pop Warner team desperate to suck that needs a coach?

Concerned Parent: "Well...we've had a pretty good run, Coach. We've won our League Champioship 12 years in a row. Honestly, it's getting a bit embarrassing....we'd like to lose a game or two. Can you help us?"

Chiller: "Absolutely!! I've got this KAO to teach the kids, and don't you worry...I'll be bringing my Quarterback with me. You remember Tarvaris Jackson, right?"

Concerned Parent: "Isn't he a little old for Pop Warner football?"

Chiller: "Nonsense!!! He plays like a 9 year old. Who's going to complain?"

Concerned Parent: "Good point."

:blink:
    +1
    LMAO :laugh:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

kyleburkle is offline Rookie

Childress to Philly?

Caine

your hatred for tarvaris is unbelievable, did webb look great sunday throw brady in for the vikes and he will look like shit
    None

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

Childress to Philly?

Quote Originally Posted by "kyleburkle" #1085599
    Caine

your hatred for tarvaris is unbelievable, did webb look great sunday throw brady in for the vikes and he will look like shit
    Better question is did anyone on the Vikings look great on Monday? No QB would look good with our embarrassing O-Line.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Childress to Philly?

Brad Childress the new Mike Tice. :P

WWBGD

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Childress to Philly?

Quote Originally Posted by "kyleburkle" #1085599
    Caine

You have to understand that Caine hates most everyone.
    He's been very critical Tjack, Wilf, Childress, Frazier, Bevell, Rice, Denny Green, Mike Tice, entire O-line ect.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Childress to Philly?

he will never be an NFL head coach again. possibly a UFL coach along side of denny green etc

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast