Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MemphisPurple is offline Training Camp

Re: Chicago or Washington tonight?

I'm rooting for Washington, but I'll take a Bear's win.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

I wish they both would lose.
    bears will win tonight.
    Redskins face a lot,
    2 games over the last five days, plus the emotionality of losing Taylor (RIP) and burying him!
    I think it would be a lot for a team to recover.
    Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

The only thing we don't want is a tie. The boring way this game is looking in the 1st quarter, though, it could end 0-0.

i would like to see the Bears stink it up badly enough to lose. That knocks them out, leaving them only to play for Rex Grossman's job against the Vikes. In any case, however, the Vikes can handle it. Just beat the 49ers on Sunday.

On second thought, even a tie would be good between the Bears and Redskins.

Go Vikings!

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

looks like Campbell is out for the year, ouch...

Pleasantly surprised by the NFL Network. The announcers went ahead and criticized calls made by the officials. Collinsworth went off a couple of times about a clip block that is legal and allows defensive linemen to be injured. Collinsworth even admitted the Redskins were not going to make the playoffs anyway, albeit at the end of the game.

This bodes well for the NFL Network. They need to have editorial independence from the NFL, especially in the game announcing and commentary.

The NFL Network does have excellent camera angles and sound. Technically they are on par with MNF and far above the pathetic Fox in this. I hope Fox either loses the NFL contract next time or realizes that they better compete in this area and invest to improve their crappy camera coverage of NFL games.

Go Vikings!

Nooks is offline Starter

"x-ray" wrote:
    I don't care about playoff scenarios. The stinkin' Bears need to lose every game they play. Every game, season after season, forever and ever.
    I couldn't agree more!!! I HATE THE BEARS!!!
    And we can beat Washington, no problem.

Wahoo!!! BEARS LOST!!!

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    Pleasantly surprised by the NFL Network. The announcers went ahead and criticized calls made by the officials. Collinsworth went off a couple of times about a clip block that is legal and allows defensive linemen to be injured. Collinsworth even admitted the Redskins were not going to make the playoffs anyway, albeit at the end of the game.

This bodes well for the NFL Network. They need to have editorial independence from the NFL, especially in the game announcing and commentary.

The NFL Network does have excellent camera angles and sound. Technically they are on par with MNF and far above the pathetic Fox in this. I hope Fox either loses the NFL contract next time or realizes that they better compete in this area and invest to improve their crappy camera coverage of NFL games.
    I usually don't notice or pay attention to different commentators, but I think Collinsworth would be my favorite. I don't know why, I just like him. Other than that, all I can single out is Madden and Michaels, I don't know any other commentators nor do I notice differences. But Colly is money.

The Bears have had too many injuries this year to make the playoffs. Their quarterback situation is not ideal. It's the injury bug that has got them down, especially on the O-line and D-line. When we play them we need to look out for Garret Wolfe. He's small but tough and wiry RB. Their TE Greg Olsen can catch the ball really well.

The Redskins relied on Portis and got a big performance out of the backup QB, Todd Collins. They have lots of talent. They are just underachieving. Some Redskins players, I'm thinking of Santana Moss, are playing hurt and are not 100%.

Less than stellar game by two talented but hurting teams.

Go Vikings!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12