Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Is Chicago the team to beat in the North?

IMO the Lions got lucky today with their win over Cleveland, Dilfer sucks anyway, and 2 of their 3 receivers are out with injuries.

But the Bears look like they are starting to come together. I saw their game today against the Ravens and the fact that they only scored 10 points is misleading. They dominated the game. Their o-line is excellent and TJ is really running like he's playing for his job (since he is). Orton made some poor throws but overall his vision of the field and his decision-making were good. He avoided making stupid mistakes and found Muhammed and Clark for some nice gains. The Bears are also the best team in the league at scoring inside the red zone. And there is no denying that their defense is the best in this division and maybe the best in the NFC.

I think if the Vikes can use this win and start to turn their season around, it will come down to us and the Bears.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

bono is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Is Chicago the team to beat in the North?

Well, I got news for you sdvikefan: one of the guys at my job just got done spreading the news that -if i'm correct- michael irvin (ex-cowboy) stated that he believes the --get this-- the VIKINGS will win the NFC North. Some of the guys in here smurked it off at the sound of it! I was a little shocked at the prediction, but, the way things are going in the North, heck, it's any team's for the taking. Even my boys STILL have a chance at it. And can you believe it: the lions are 3-3, leading the division! I think that this team should AT LEAST be considered FAVORITES for the division...give 'em some credit.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Quick answer....ummm NO! I don't think there is a "team to beat" yet....I think that if we get rolling like we did today that we will show that it is us who is the team to beat in the latter stages of the season.....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"bono" wrote:
    Well, I got news for you sdvikefan: one of the guys at my job just got done spreading the news that -if i'm correct- michael irvin (ex-cowboy) stated that he believes the --get this-- the VIKINGS will win the NFC North. Some of the guys in here smurked it off at the sound of it! I was a little shocked at the prediction, but, the way things are going in the North, heck, it's any team's for the taking. Even my boys STILL have a chance at it. And can you believe it: the lions are 3-3, leading the division! I think that this team should AT LEAST be considered FAVORITES for the division...give 'em some credit.
    Hmmm...would that be the same Michael Irvin that just dissed the Vikings the past few weeks non-stop, along with the rest of the media....i really could care less about what the media says...but it makes the days between the Sundays much easier to deal with!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

audioghost,
    I think you're correct!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

We are.

Who else?

Ultra,
    Not that I want this to be, but, something tells me that the LIONS, if no other team in the North, will keep themselves above water for the rest of the season. I actually think this team is for real (1st rd playoffs, at least). Bears? Well, they're iffy, iffy. Yeah, they won today, but I just don't know about them. I say either my boys (yeah, I know: I dare I even put my boys in the hunt, after a 1-5 start), or your boys have a greater chance of holding down the #2 spot in the north.

"bono" wrote:
    And I give a f*ck what Michael Irvin thinks why?

As far as Detroit, we'll see how Garcia does when Roy WIlliams is back and they face some tougher teams. They've been hit hard with injuries to all their offensive studs including Kevin Jones, and their defense, except for today, has been playing like crap.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Nope. You're wrong.

The Vikes are back! Mark my words. Heck, save this post!

"audioghost" wrote:
    Quick answer....ummm NO! I don't think there is a "team to beat" yet....I think that if we get rolling like we did today that we will show that it is us who is the team to beat in the latter stages of the season.....
    We'll have to because the toughest part of our schedule is yet to come.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast