Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Chargers release LT

BleedinPandG wrote:
    I like LT as a mentor to AD, I'm just not sure he'd accept the role nearly as well as CT did. LT wants to be "the" man, not the "3rd down" man. I think LT would be very effective in a limited role like CT was used... less carries keeps him fresh late into the year. I just don't believe it's a wise use of money, but again, it's not my money! I'd have no issue with them signing him.
    Interesting idea, however, I'm not so sure AD needs a mentor in his life right now as much as he needs a RB's coach.

Nor do I think this team has the lattitude to go ahead and bring a old has been in just to mentor AD. If you want to go that way, why not bring in a cat like Kevin Faulk or a Tatum Bell. They fit the scheme a heck of alot better than LT does.

Nope, for me, it still gets back to giving Albert his shot, as well as drafting a cat to come in as a possible replacement. I joked about it the other day, but if you could teach LeGarrette Blount to catch (and control his temper) he along with Montario Hardesty (Arguably the best pass catching back coming out this year) Anthony Dixon or Joe McKnight will/would be good day 2 pickups that could push Albert and Ian for playing time.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

No way I want him...let's forget about LT and move on. I'll take fresh legs on a good back over tired legs on a great (past) back any day of the week. And I don't see him as a mentor to AD. He's bitter about the way things ended in San Diego...we don't need a bitter, tired guy. He was once great, now he's run-of-the-mill. Let's keep moving in the right direction...with our 40-yr old QB.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Ok, good discussion...kinda wanted to check the mindset of real fans.

We will have a major gap, however, if CT leaves dodge. Consummate pro, catches the ball well, nose for the chains. His positives are not easily replaced. I would take the consensus as, KEEP CT. And, I completely agree.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

KevinK is offline Starter

Lets face it. LT is not a man who is a team player. He'll want the ball and if he doesnt get it he's gonna yell at the Coaches and have animosity toward AD and Favre.

Imagine having Favre, LT, on the same team. Two future HOF with Adrian looking around saying...I thought I was the man?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Sign him to replace Eric Bieniemy.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

VikingMike wrote:
    No way I want him...let's forget about LT and move on. I'll take fresh legs on a good back over tired legs on a great (past) back any day of the week. And I don't see him as a mentor to AD. He's bitter about the way things ended in San Diego...we don't need a bitter, tired guy. He was once great, now he's run-of-the-mill. Let's keep moving in the right direction...with our 40-yr old QB.
    Good point on the "Bitter" thing. It could be said though, that a fresh start might change his attitude a bit.

I think your spot on with the legs point though. As I said, he was given every chance this year to be that feature back and only mustered a bit over 700 yards or so.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MaxVike wrote:
    Ok, good discussion...kinda wanted to check the mindset of real fans.

We will have a major gap, however, if CT leaves dodge. Consummate pro, catches the ball well, nose for the chains. His positives are not easily replaced. I would take the consensus as, KEEP CT. And, I completely agree.
    Of course we would all want the staff to keep CT, but then reality sets in a bit my friend.

If in fact he is going to be the RB most teams target, there is no way we have a chance of resigning him.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Prophet wrote:
    Sign him to replace Eric Bieniemy.
    +1
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Taylor or one of the other guys that is already on the roster is the question I would ask. Is it worth it to ink Taylor given the other needs on the team? I would love to see CT back next year and am not for signing Herschel er ah Marshall er ah Tiki er ah a a washed up back with knees that are more worn out than Linda Lovelace's.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast