Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Chargers GM A.J. Smith Mocks LaDainian Tomlinson's Heartfelt Blog Post

I would say LT is their best offensive player.
    Junior Seau has the honors on defense, and the best on the team, ever.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Its just business. Nothing personal. LT is a great guy, just as a business man he wants too much money for what he brings to the team, so get rid of him.
    We're bringing purple back.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

The last time they traded their best player, drew brees, it worked out pretty well and Rivers stepped in and Brees is not all that missed. That said LT is better RB than Brees is a QB.
    Anyone else see 2 RB formations with AD and LT? Trade Chestor Tayler for LT, we get another home run threat and they get a guy with a low cap number. win win. ;D

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    The last time they traded their best player, drew brees, it worked out pretty well and Rivers stepped in and Brees is not all that missed. That said LT is better RB than Brees is a QB.
    Anyone else see 2 RB formations with AD and LT? Trade Chestor Tayler for LT, we get another home run threat and they get a guy with a low cap number. win win. ;D
    lol, then pick up a 280 lb undrafted QB from some little school in Idaho and put him in as the QB/FB and don't pass the ball, ever.
    Run a 3 TE set and run it down their throats with 8-11 in the box on every play.
    Defensive players will be carted off the field like lemmings jumping off a cliff.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"midgensa" wrote:
    Absolutely astounding the way this is going down to me. I can't believe they would even consider trading away their franchise guy and the best player in the history of their franchise ... and if they would consider it, I cannot believe that they would go about it with a battle of words in the press.
    Sometimes, I'm astounded by how little people know about the history of the NFL.

LT the best player in the HISTORY of their franchise?
    I believe Kellen Winslow, Lance Alworth and Dan Fouts might have a couple of things to say about that.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    Absolutely astounding the way this is going down to me. I can't believe they would even consider trading away their franchise guy and the best player in the history of their franchise ... and if they would consider it, I cannot believe that they would go about it with a battle of words in the press.
    Sometimes, I'm astounded by how little people know about the history of the NFL.

I believe Kellen Winslow, Lance Alworth and Dan Fouts might have a couple of things to say about that.

=Z=
    Pretty debatable with those names you gave, and also with Seau as someone mentioned earlier.
    I would throw Winslow out of the conversation, but whatever.

Anyways, on the history thing I looked through the list of MVP winners to see if anyone other than Tomlinson ever got one for the Chargers.
    The most notable MVP award is the AP award, and Tomlinson is the only Charger ever to win that.

But there are also two other less well known MVP awards given by the Pro Football Writers Association and the Jim Thorpe Association.
    In a strike shortened 1982 season, Fouts won both of those awards.

Here's the funny part: Fouts was beaten out for the AP award by Mark Moseley, kicker for the Washington Redskins.
    He was 20 of 21 on FGs and 16 of 19 on PATs, and I believe he set a record for consecutive field goals.
    The team was 8-1 (and 4-0 in the postseason), two games were decided by a field goal or less, and he was key in three wins.
    But he was still a kicker.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Overlord" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:

=Z=
    Pretty debatable with those names you gave, and also with Seau as someone mentioned earlier.

Anyways, on the history thing I looked through the list of MVP winners to see if anyone other than Tomlinson ever got one for the Chargers.
    The most notable MVP award is the AP award, and Tomlinson is the only Charger ever to win that.

But there are also two other less well known MVP awards given by the Pro Football Writers Association and the Jim Thorpe Association.
    In a strike shortened 1982 season, Fouts won both of those awards.

Here's the funny part: Fouts was beaten out for the AP award by Mark Moseley, kicker for the Washington Redskins.
    He was 20 of 21 on FGs and 16 of 19 on PATs, and I believe he set a record for consecutive field goals.
    The team was 8-1 (and 4-0 in the postseason), two games were decided by a field goal or less, and he was key in three wins.
    But he was still a kicker.
    The Tuna:
    Kickers aren't real football players........ ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Overlord" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:

MVP awards are popularity contests.

Kellen Winslow is the best pass-catching TE to ever play the game, IMHO.
    And the Air Coryell days were truly a sight to behold with Fouts tossing to John Jefferson, Wes Chandler and Winslow.

But Lance Alworth was the shit.
    He's got my vote for best Charger of all-time.

I've always felt that Seau was overrated.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12