VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Chargers CB Cromartie could be traded

Sources: Chargers eye trade scenarios

With LaDainian Tomlinson's career in San Diego declared all but over and Darren Sproles facing free agency, the Chargers are exploring possible trade scenarios that include dealing cornerback Antonio Cromartie to acquire a running back, according to league sources.

Chargers CB Cromartie could be traded

Moving elsewhere may also help Cromartie find new friends to have children with as well. He currently has seven spread over five states and has had a number of paternity suits filed against him in recent years.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Re:Chargers CB Cromartie could be traded

Saw this article too, and I'm thinking top end CB anyway, so thought right away, resign Chester, then trade him for AC! At least we'd get something out of it...and I do think Marrdro might be on to something with how CT would be a nice 1-2 fit with Sproles for the Chargers.

But when I looked up the history, there's some major fluctation in his stats. No starts as a rookie, then only started 8 games while registering 18 passes defensed and 10 INTs in his 2nd year!! Since then, he's started nearly every game yet only notched 2 or 3 INTs, 30 something tackles and 9 or 10 batted passes per year...? At 6'2" he's got the size to cover even bigger recievers.

But 7 childrens over 5 states is not our typical, "family responsibility" type of character! hmy:

http://www.nfl.com/players/antoniocromartie/profile?id=CRO161100
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

mountainviking wrote:
    Saw this article too, and I'm thinking top end CB anyway, so thought right away, resign Chester, then trade him for AC! At least we'd get something out of it...and I do think Marrdro might be on to something with how CT would be a nice 1-2 fit with Sproles for the Chargers.

But when I looked up the history, there's some major fluctation in his stats. No starts as a rookie, then only started 8 games while registering 18 passes defensed and 10 INTs in his 2nd year!! Since then, he's started nearly every game yet only notched 2 or 3 INTs, 30 something tackles and 9 or 10 batted passes per year...? At 6'2" he's got the size to cover even bigger recievers.

But 7 childrens over 5 states is not our typical, "family responsibility" type of character! hmy:

http://www.nfl.com/players/antoniocromartie/profile?id=CRO161100
    Thanks for the reads guys......

Interesting thought, CT for Cromartie. Quick question though, wouldn't CT and the Chargers have to be involved in that process with respect to a "Sign and Trade" deal?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

in the same article it says the chargers are also interested in trading cromartie for a draft pick which they could use on a RB of their choice in the draft.

Im not sure what his value would be. But i know he does/might have some injury concerns especially from his days at FSU.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I have always liked Chester Taylor and his style of play. He is past his prime and the perfect role for him is the role he has on the Vikings with a younger back. It would be foolish for another team to give up high picks for him when they can get someone with fresh legs to fit into a system. RBs life expectencies are short already, and CT is ~30, has life in him still with relatively fresh, albeit older, knees. I hope he stays on the Vikings' squad, if need be he can carry the load if there's an injury or he can fill a need at a high level.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Prophet wrote:
    I have always liked Chester Taylor and his style of play. He is past his prime and the perfect role for him is the role he has on the Vikings with a younger back. It would be foolish for another team to give up high picks for him when they can get someone with fresh legs to fit into a system. RBs life expectencies are short already, and CT is ~30, has life in him still with relatively fresh, albeit older, knees. I hope he stays on the Vikings' squad, if need be he can carry the load if there's an injury or he can fill a need at a high level.
    I agree with you 100% my friend, however, only if the RB was a guy who started his whole career.

In this case Chester doesn't have much wear and tear on his legs.

As I said in another thread, Pat Kirwin was talking about CT in that light last night. His experience, his lack of wear and tear and his ability to be a lead back, will probably result in him being the number one FA back pursed by teams that are close with respect to a playoff run.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    I agree with you 100% my friend, however, only if the RB was a guy who started his whole career.

As I said in another thread, Pat Kirwin was talking about CT in that light last night. His experience, his lack of wear and tear and his ability to be a lead back, will probably result in him being the number one FA back pursed by teams that are close with respect to a playoff run.
    Too bad he's not restricted, could use a first and third.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:

Too bad he's not restricted, could use a first and third.
    I hear ya, and a caller commented that way. He wondered why the Vikes didn't "Tag" CT. Of course the answer was "$8 Mill" or so.

If we tagged him, he would be making more than AD about the time AD and his agent are looking for a new contract.

Additionally, although he is gonna get paid, the rate isn't gonna be that high for him, mostly for the reason you mentioned....Age. The team that signs him will probably only give him a 3 year contract, even though it will be big, it won't be that big.