LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Chargers' Brees likely to become free agent

SAN DIEGO (Feb. 20, 2006) -- The Chargers are primed to let quarterback Drew Brees test free agency.

San Diego general manager A. J. Smith said Feb. 20 the team has declined to designate Brees as its franchise or transition player. The deadline for designating a player with either tag is Feb. 23.

If the Chargers had slapped either of the tags on Brees, he would be guaranteed nearly $10 million in a one-year salary next season. That's too rich for the Chargers, considering Brees was injured in the team's season finale, tearing the labrum in his throwing shoulder while trying to recover a fumble.

Brees underwent surgery last month and is expected to begin throwing in May. But whether he is at full strength by the Chargers' July training camp isn't known.

Read on... http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/SD/9251811

BRING HIM TO MINNY! :twisted:
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

Re: Chargers' Brees likely to become free agent

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    SAN DIEGO (Feb. 20, 2006) -- The Chargers are primed to let quarterback Drew Brees test free agency.

San Diego general manager A. J. Smith said Feb. 20 the team has declined to designate Brees as its franchise or transition player. The deadline for designating a player with either tag is Feb. 23.

If the Chargers had slapped either of the tags on Brees, he would be guaranteed nearly $10 million in a one-year salary next season. That's too rich for the Chargers, considering Brees was injured in the team's season finale, tearing the labrum in his throwing shoulder while trying to recover a fumble.

Brees underwent surgery last month and is expected to begin throwing in May. But whether he is at full strength by the Chargers' July training camp isn't known.

Read on... http//www.nfl.com/teams/story/SD/9251811

BRING HIM TO MINNY! twisted
    no.. stick w/ daunte!

Go vikes!!

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I just don't trust Daunte. Last season really showed a side of Daunte I didn't realize existed. He seems to care about himself too much, didn't show he could survive without Moss, and topped everything off by having a near career ending injury.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I really can't say what I think.....I like Brees, but don't know where PEP and Brad stand right now.....

Brad wants to be a starter, and I don't think PeP will be ready till mid season...

What do you do?......Brees is good enough to be a starter for a number of teams himself.....

I would really like to see us keep Brad and start the season with him, when Pep is ready, take a look at the record. If we are winning w/Brad and looking good, keep him in till things go for the worst..

But will Pep swallow that?...............Oh man, all this QB crap is getting to me......

I'm going to enjoy seeing how this all pans out..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

This post might better be put here

Brees to Vikings????

I already posted a different article about his potential release there.

That's why I didn't post this article earlier today.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

If the Vikes unload Pepp you have to know that they will sign a proven FA QB. If Brees is scheduled to throw in May, then you would have to assume he will be ready to go come Sept. BJ will probably start for us, but we need a proven backup/starter.

Brees is alot younger than BJ, so if he proves healthy then let him run with it, and let BJ be our backup. I know BJ wants to start, but even he has to know that by being a backup will prolong his career. We need a good young QB that has proven himself, and i think Drew Brees could be it. IMO.