Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Chad Johnson shoves league employee

[size=13pt]Johnson still making news for wrong reasons [/size]

by Alex Marvez
    Alex Marvez is a Senior NFL Writer for FOXSports.com

Updated: February 8, 2008, 5:51 PM EST

KAPOLEI, Hawaii - If not for the threat of violence, Chad Johnson's behavior following Thursday's Pro Bowl practice was perversely comical.........

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Chad Johnson shoves league employee

What's a jitney?

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

vikings better be on the phone with the bengals trying to change their minds about keeping him

"The much-bigger Johnson then stared down Lipman before stepping onto a jitney headed toward the players' hotel."

ive got the same question..wtf is a jitney?
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

A jitney is a bus
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

No way do the Vikings go after him. They are trying to build a team with character. Not a team of characters.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I totally agree. No way do we want a guy like this on the Vikes!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

davike is offline Team Alumni

Before leaving, Johnson was stopped by a member of the league's media relations department (Michael Lipman) for me and another reporter. I asked Johnson whether he was having a better off-season after venting some of his frustration publicly at the Super Bowl.

Johnson walked off without answering the question. Lipman tried speaking with him again, only to get shoved. The much-bigger Johnson then stared down Lipman before stepping onto a jitney headed toward the players' hotel.
    Unprofessional? Yes. But do you honestly blame the guy for this? I am not talking about all the other crap that he has done this season, but I am talking about this incident. He walked away once, just let the guy go. The guy came back even though he knew Johnson wasn't in the mood to talk to any media dude. Besides, it doesn't say that the guy fell or anything, for all we know it was just a little shove to get him out of his way.

The guy who wrote this obviously had a problem with Johnson before this, he was probably just looking for a little extra something to write trash. If Johnson had been very polite and answered the guys questions do you really think this guy would have wrote a postive article about him anyways? It would have been just as negative. This is just a little more dirt for this guy to hate on him.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"davike" wrote:
    Before leaving, Johnson was stopped by a member of the league's media relations department (Michael Lipman) for me and another reporter. I asked Johnson whether he was having a better off-season after venting some of his frustration publicly at the Super Bowl.

Johnson walked off without answering the question. Lipman tried speaking with him again, only to get shoved. The much-bigger Johnson then stared down Lipman before stepping onto a jitney headed toward the players' hotel.
    Unprofessional? Yes. But do you honestly blame the guy for this? I am not talking about all the other crap that he has done this season, but I am talking about this incident. He walked away once, just let the guy go. The guy came back even though he knew Johnson wasn't in the mood to talk to any media dude. Besides, it doesn't say that the guy fell or anything, for all we know it was just a little shove to get him out of his way.

The guy who wrote this obviously had a problem with Johnson before this, he was probably just looking for a little extra something to write trash. If Johnson had been very polite and answered the guys questions do you really think this guy would have wrote a postive article about him anyways? It would have been just as negative. This is just a little more dirt for this guy to hate on him.
    its his job to ask questions
    there was no reason for him to shove the guy
    after this this shows the we will not go after him
    and im glad now

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Chad Johnson is sure making news these days

davike is offline Team Alumni

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:

its his job to ask questions
    there was no reason for him to shove the guy
    after this this shows the we will not go after him
    and im glad now
    His job is to be a pain in the ass and annoy people? Yeah I suppose, but you have to expect a shove now and then if you go around being a pain in the ass. Like I said in my first post, I don't defend him on his other crap this season. But I am not going to judge the guy for shoving an annoying reporter out of his way after he wouldn't leave him alone. The reporter should have gotten the messege when Johnson ignored him the first time. Johnson doesn't owe any reporter answers.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast