Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chad at corner

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Chad at corner

the guys out there are still competative and want to win. the winner gets double what the loser gets in money, so thats always been a motivating factor for players.
    We're bringing purple back.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    I just saw on NFL network that Chad Johnson will be playing some cornerback in the pro bowl on sunday. It should be funny to watch. I guess he asked Shanahan if he could and Shanahan said sure. Also they mentioned something about Champ Bailey playing reciever. It should be a fun one.
    Actually CC21, he wants to play cornerback, quarterback & tailback!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: February 8, 2006 11:25 PM

[size=18px]Johnson Talks MVP For Pro Bowl[/size]
    Steve Uyehara - [email protected]

Chad Johnson didn't sneak up on anyone this season. He talked so much trash, everyone knew he was coming. And yet no one could stop him.

Johnson racked up 1,400 yards and nine touchdowns. Now the Bengals' receiver is here for the Pro Bowl and he has big plans for this Sunday's game.

Every time Chad Johnson caught a pass at practice today, he started talking. Even when the play didn't go to him, his mouth kept running. But don't take our word for it. Ask his opponents.

"He's asking who's gonna stop him in the Pro Bowl," said NFC safety Darren Sharper. "We're going to have an answer for him. He thinks he's going to come out there and run around free and not get smacked around. Once you get popped one time in your neck, you don't run as fast. So he's going to have to watch out for that."

Johnson says he expects to be this year's Pro Bowl MVP. To do that, he wants to extend his role.

"Chad, you think you're up to this? You think you're up to playing quarterback?" KGMB asked.

"Yeah, quarterback, I'm gonna play quarterback," Johnson replied. "I'm gonna play corner, a little safety and I might play a little tailback."

"Quarterback? I'm not sure Chad could get a snap," said AFC head coach Mike Shanahan. "If he could, I might let him get out there, maybe get a quarterback draw or something. But he is an interesting character. He went out there and played DB a couple times. I think he played it pretty good."

"He says he's going to be the Pro Bowl MVP. Your thoughts on that?" KGMB9 asked Shanahan.

"I'm hoping he's right," Shanahan replied.

Johnson's always loved theatrics.

This is the guy that sent Pepto Bismol to opposing DBs before a game, and his endzone celebrations are legend.

"What is it about being able to say you're going to do something and then doing it?" KGMB9 asked Johnson.

"I'm scared of failure. I'm scared to fail," Johnson said. "I have no choice but to succeed at everything I do, so to make sure that I'm on top of my game at all times, that's the reason for some of the things that I say."

So far he's backed up his talk, but we'll see what he has to say come Sunday.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

I can't wait to see him get burned at CB. He does the most talking of anyone in the league, and basically does anything he can for attention, which makes me automatically dislike him.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

CJ is going to pick hasselbeck off. for shizzle.
    We're bringing purple back.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I like the fact Sharper, in a way, said he's going to lay some wood on Chad...LMAO...I only hope it happens..

Like stated before, they are there for a good time, and to show the fans a good time. Most of the fun going on isn't even during the game. Pre game practices, which are semi-fan oriented. Skills challenge ect..

My Niece, sister and Dad are there now....My niece won a spot to be in the halftime show, for her cheerleading skills..

If you all remember last year I mentioned, she was in an East Coast Cheerleading Competition and out of 1500 girls they picked 12 to represent the New England area. My niece was one of the finalist and winners..

I'm going to watch and see if I spot her..

I talked to my sis and they where headed to the stadium for autographs and pictures with the players....This is set up for all the winning cheerleaders and their familys... My sister and niece and dad have strict instructions on finding K-Rob and Darren.....To see if they can get some pics for me and autographs......I gave them some other names also..

My dad will be looking for Tiki and Shockey.....He's a Giants Fan....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

this just proves how big of a joke the pro bowl is.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Prophet Guest

[Chad Johnson makes good on his promise to "go both ways" at the Pro Bowl.]
    [size=9px]from pft.com[/size]

Nice work Prophet!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

It would be funny if he played CB, even funnier if he got hurt!! lol Not seriously just a tweaked ankle or something. Actually not hurt, but burnt on a pump and go!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

I'd just like to see Darren lay a good lick on him & lay him out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast