Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

Re: CFL needs to honour NFL bans

and to be honost, i would probably try to watch some CFL highlights maybe even a whole quarter of a game if smith and williams would play there. where i would find these highlights or games i dont have no clue. this poor guy, paul friesen is a little dillusional if you ask me.

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    It's a different league not affiliated with the NFL, so they can have anybody they want. Yeah it's wrong to let a cheater into your league, but it's the same as other countries hiding criminals for other countries too.
    yeah.
    and whose to say there arent any cheaters in there already?
    they dont have a drug policy or its not nearly as extensive as the NFL
    like an american going to amsterdam and holland outlawing the american to toke up in amsterdam, what do they care. toke up my friend, its all legal here!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Different league, different rules. They don't have to honor the NFL rules anymore than the NFL should honor CFL rules. And I think the article is right... the CFL has a lot more to worry about than just cleaning up its image.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I think the CFL should shorten their fields so the stoners will be able to run the length of it without blowing a lung. They should also let them were fanny packs so that they can carry the necessary supplies with them at all times.

They should adopt a drug policy but supply all players with a complimentary Whizzinator.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Friesen is an IDIOT!!! Honoring a contract is WAY different than honoring someone's rules...this guy is just trying to stir the pot (no pun intended). IF the CFL wants to, they can ban these guys...but it has NOTHING to do with what the NFL wants, but merely how the CFL views the reasons for the respective suspensions (and we ALL know what the Canadians think of the legality issues surrounding marijuana).

Meanwhile, here in the US, our sports leagues drag their butts implementing a consistent STEROID policy (read: cheat drug) while we crack down on MARIJUANA use (read: the FARTHEST thing from a performance-enhancing drug). It's US that has it backwards!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Who cares what they do in Canada.. If they want to get somebody that is on suspension from the NFL for drug use to put a better team together, then so be it. Onterrio Smith is a great talent no doubt, but when he puts his drug use ahead of his committment to his team, then there is no use having him on that team. I honestly hope he does well in the CFL, then maybe he will have a shot in the NFL again, and this time no blow it.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Meanwhile, here in the US, our sports leagues drag their butts implementing a consistent STEROID policy (read: cheat drug) while we crack down on MARIJUANA use (read: the FARTHEST thing from a performance-enhancing drug). It's US that has it backwards!!!
    So, you're complaining that the NFL is cracking down on pot smokers because MLB has a problem with steriod use among its players? I'm not following that argument.

If I remember correctly, the NFL has one of the toughest steriod policies outside of international competition, and has had it in place for some time now. If that's your measuring stick, then they've earned the right to crack down on other illeagal drugs. They have been proactive in trying to keep the NFL clean of all illegal and performance inhancing drugs. However, they do recognise that there is a difference as it realates to their sport, hence they have two different programs, with stiffer penalties for use of the performance enhancing drugs.

If you have a problem with MLB, I completely understand. They've been trying to sweep the steriod issue into the sharps container in their trainer's bathroom for years now. Now the issue has spilled out into the open, and the league office is getting their collective ass pricked, I mean kicked, by it.

However, that doesn't give anyone the ability to say that the NFL is wrong for punishing users of 'regular' drugs because MLB can't keep steriods out of the locker room. They are completely different situations.

Now, you did say sports leagues, and "a consistant steriod policy". Maybe you meant that you want to see a uniform drug policy for every league in the US. Well, I for one do not want to see the idiots running the MLB players union having any say in how the NFL runs its ship. If that's not what you meant, disregard this paragraph.

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

I say if they have no testing now then let them have the Whizz and Ricky, bet half there players are on some kind of drugs now anyway without testing.

I say that if they get those two players it is good for the CFL. As long as they didnt break the CFL rules everything should be fine.

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

the cfl has barely any rules, and nobody who watches or runs the league know them, which is why the cfl is great. i think there's only been 4 suspensions i the last year. 1 for a dirty hit, 1 for punching a ref. 1 for chucking a helmet into ste stands and hitting some kid in the face, and 1 for punching a teammate. all were 1 or 2 games suspensions. plus i'm pretty sure only 1 was handed down by the league, when the ref got punched.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast